IGNORED

Reading at home match day thread

10 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Thank god for that. Really didn’t understand Pring for O’dowda . Poor sub. Got away with it bringing cundy on . I really can’t wait until O’dowda is out of the club 

Pring was knackered. It seemed obvious to me. He struggles to play wing back. 
O’Dowda was the obvious like for like choice. It was a logical decision that didn’t work. 

1 hour ago, firstdivision said:

O’Dowda was the obvious like for like choice. It was a logical decision that didn’t work. 

It’s only Pring’s second start at LWB.  Early season his 60-70 minute tiring performances were mainly from LM/LW.  He’s gonna need to understand when to run and when not too.

The decision did make sense.  The other option that I considered just 5 minutes after he came on was what we did when O’Dowda came off - Dasilva to LWB, Cundy to RCB3 and Vyner to RWB.  But you expect O’Dowda to do much better, even those of you who think he’s crap!

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s only Pring’s second start at LWB.  Early season his 60-70 minute tiring performances were mainly from LM/LW.  He’s gonna need to understand when to run and when not too.

The decision did make sense.  The other option that I considered just 5 minutes after he came on was what we did when O’Dowda came off - Dasilva to LWB, Cundy to RCB3 and Vyner to RWB.  But you expect O’Dowda to do much better, even those of us who think he’s crap!

Edited Dave. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

A win is a win. That's all that matters. A combination of poor referee, some really sloppy play on our part and a dreadful Reading side.

O'Leary & Pring below par. Albeit a lovely pass in for Weimann. Klose & Scott the real highlights.

Reading fans booing and singing they're *ucking 5hit one minute then finally getting behind their team once that pork of a ref gifts them a penalty just about sums up their plastic team. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1
8 hours ago, firstdivision said:

I suppose but, I’d rather have a knackered Pring than a fresh O’dowda . Plus we had a left back playing on the right . Bringing cundy on was the correct decision in the end 

• Like 3
22 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Can't t help but feel we will get spanked again before the season ends.

Definitely with the inconsistency our squad (we struggle to be consistent over 90 minutes let alone a run of games)...........but no point in getting wound up about it. I suspect we will also replicate our Preston performance and contrive not to win on at least one more occasion.

36 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Definitely with the inconsistency our squad (we struggle to be consistent over 90 minutes let alone a run of games)...........but no point in getting wound up about it. I suspect we will also replicate our Preston performance and contrive not to win on at least one more occasion.

Yeah. I was at Blackpool Saturday & that was exactly what we were saying. We just didn’t turn up . I was hoping for a repeat of Preston but know deep down that any version of us could turn up at the moment