IGNORED

Reading at home match day thread

7 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

He cant defend, score or assist. He is not good enough like Bakinson. Still wonder how LJ and Holden let him be in the starting eleven. Lately we have been short of players so understand we have to play him. He seems to be a nice person but he brings nothing to the team. His confidence is zero and I hope he can be better in his next Club.

He did exactly the same as he did last week, tried to let the ball run out for a goal kick and their player nicks it off him and passes it into the area.

Weak, very weak.

• Like 3

I needed some minutes to make my heartbeat returning normal. ?

That being said...MASSIVE win: well done, Robins! :clapping:

A great start of second half, Semenyo's big chance, City in control of the match for most of the time, and then...the bastard referee invents a penalty, Reading score and regain confidence, the game changes. I really feared the worst, especially in the final minutes...but the lads resisted and got us three crucial points. 

Negative points: being harmed  AGAIN by refereeings (should the club make an official complaint to the FA?!?) and the injury list still growing (O'Dowda after Massengo).

Anyway, results on the other pitches were good too so...overall happy night! ?

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Reading are the worst side I've seen in a while. We should have been out of sight by the time they got that pen. 

Positives, it took a pen to score and we actually held on for the win. 

1 more win and were safe. 

After seeing reading tonight, might put £20 on Derby staying up

How  will you spend the pound you win?

• Haha 3
20 minutes ago, Robin-hugh-blind said:

Reading are the worst side I've seen in a while. We should have been out of sight by the time they got that pen. 

Positives, it took a pen to score and we actually held on for the win. 

1 more win and were safe. 

After seeing reading tonight, might put £20 on Derby staying up

You won’t get very good odds on Derby staying up now

3 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Now there are ten points between Cardiff and Reading, it looks very much like three from Barnsley, Derby, Posh and Reading are going down.  My money is on Derby surviving on the last day of the season.

And we are fifteen points clear with 15 to play for us and 18 to play for Peterborough. If we go down it means that two of that bottom 4 have improved so much relative to us as to make up more than a point a game on us. It's not happening.

We could drop to 0.5 points per game (ie one win in every 6), and still likely be safe. 0.5 per game is worse than we've been at any point in the past two seasons bar the very last game of last season where we had a record of 3 points form the final 10 games. We stayed up then as well.

• Like 2

Yet another very dodgy performance, but this time we somehow managed to scrape a win.  Good job Reading are shite, and we still managed to make them look decent.  We’ve got to be better than shading a game against a side who have lost their last 5 and look like prime relegation contenders.  A massively important 3 points, but big improvement needed or we are going to be on the end of some shockers.  We’re lucky there have been points deductions and both Barnsley and Huddersfield have imploded this year or we’d be scrapping it out to avoid relegation.   

Anyway, everything is fine and going according to plan, so that’s alright then.  

9 minutes ago, SouthS22 said:

Yet another very dodgy performance, but this time we somehow managed to scrape a win.  Good job Reading are shite, and we still managed to make them look decent.  We’ve got to be better than shading a game against a side who have lost their last 5 and look like prime relegation contenders.  A massively important 3 points, but big improvement needed or we are going to be on the end of some shockers.  We’re lucky there have been points deductions and both Barnsley and Huddersfield have imploded this year or we’d be scrapping it out to avoid relegation.   

Anyway, everything is fine and going according to plan, so that’s alright then.  

Huddersfield? Who are 5th! 

• Haha 4
26 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

And we are fifteen points clear with 15 to play for us and 18 to play for Peterborough. If we go down it means that two of that bottom 4 have improved so much relative to us as to make up more than a point a game on us. It's not happening.

We could drop to 0.5 points per game (ie one win in every 6), and still likely be safe. 0.5 per game is worse than we've been at any point in the past two seasons bar the very last game of last season where we had a record of 3 points form the final 10 games. We stayed up then as well.

Don't be giving them any ideas!

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

Even better news we are 17 points clear.

• Like 1

Thought we were okay until the penalty, whether it was a bad call, a case of giving the ref the decision to make or a bit of both it wasn't ideal. Thereafter very nervy.

Semenyo seemed sharp, nice goal and general play, quite alert and unselfish of Weimann to square. Pring ball for the 2nd, good.

O'Dowda why did we put him on. I don't really criticise players individually in the main but thought he was well off it- him and the penalty did us few favours and gave Reading some impetus.

Let's hope Massengo is alright quickly, it's quite a list of injuries forming..think that when we have a consistent 1st XI, 1st 18 available or at least 1st 15 with 3 fillers, we're not too bad- or wouldn't be if we had this!!

Sorry not read the thread.

Very even opening 30, very bitty, lots of passes falling short, very little in the way of chances.

Next 30 (15 either side of h-t), City controlled large parts.  They started to beat Reading’s press, but final ball not quite there, until the goals.  Looked like we’d go on and get another.

60-75 game starting to turn, Pring tiring, Williams tiring (unsurprisingly), but a more even contest, penalty…game on.

Last 15+5 just horrible to watch, yet we had chances on the break.  Bodies on the lines deserves some credit.

Phewwww!

• Like 3
1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

I must have just assumed we conceded in injury time.

You're quite right, thank you, and yes, even more reason to think we're proper safe.

When you look at their goal difference compared to ours we are 22 better than them which is worth an extra point as well, it just gets better and better and yes even I think we're safe after tonight.

• Like 2