IGNORED

Antoine Semenyo wins Championship Player of the Month award

iamalagerdrinker

I did wonder if he was going to be able to do it at this level, he seemed to be able to look premier League quality with one touch and then non league with his next touch all while not scoring.

He's added scoring and the confidence he has gained from that seems to have steadied his nerves and now it's only about 1 in 10 ten touches that seem to evade him - a massive improvement.

Well done Semenyo, well deserved.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Semenyo's taken great strides in the last month. 3 goals with 3 assists in January.

Mitrovic scored 3 against us alone, 6 in the month and chipped in two assists.

Funny old game the awards business.....

I’m sure the criteria is not just based on assists and scoring goals otherwise mitrovic would win it every month.

attitude, impact on games, overall performance are no doubt also considered.

well done antoine

• Like 4

Delighted for him, he comes across as a lovely, humble genuine lad & his success is down to his hard work & commitment.

Love watching him play, as a mate rightly said in midweek @77 punk he plays with no fear & frightens defenders with his lightening pace, strength & direct running.

Not going to pretend I didn’t have my doubts about him early in his career, but for those willing to see it, the transformation in him under Pearson has been exceptional.

• Like 11

Well deserved indeed - AS increased in confidence tremendously and now must be one of the first on the team sheet.

We all saw his power and pace in glimpses last season but is now producing virtually every match and adding goals to his game.

Semenyo is already on the radar of bigger clubs so hopefully this award won’t increase interest too much!

Don’t mind admitting, when I saw him come on as sub against Reading a few years back under LJ he looked totally lost, like a rabbit in headlights.  Thought he was another destined for the familiar path to Bath City and below.

Transformed in the last couple of months though. Looks the real deal. Quite telling for me was the way he took his goal the other night. Sharp, divisive, accurate and power. A lot of strikers might have taken an extra touch there. 

Early days and a chance of regression yet, but continue the hard work and a bright future lies ahead. 

12 minutes ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Time for a bit of honesty… show of hands who doubted Semenyo having the ability to make it at this level and beyon. I’ll start…

?

Not me - I predicted last season that AS will become a regular goalscorer and got laughed at…………….…:cool2:

Who’s laughing now……….…….:rofl2br:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BTRFTG said:

Semenyo's taken great strides in the last month. 3 goals with 3 assists in January.

Mitrovic scored 3 against us alone, 6 in the month and chipped in two assists.

Funny old game the awards business.....

If Antoine had been playing for Fulham against us and our dodgy defence he would probably have scored 6… give the lad some credit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FNQ said:

If Antoine had been playing for Fulham against us and our dodgy defence he would probably have scored 6… give the lad some credit.

I said he's taken great strides, but seriously? 

Given he's the Championship player of the Month, who'd you rather see next month upfront for us, Semenyo or Mitrovic? 

11 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

I said he's taken great strides, but seriously? 

Given he's the Championship player of the Month, who'd you rather see next month upfront for us, Semenyo or Mitrovic? 

Mitrovic is a great player… but albeit from afar, I’m quire happy to stick with Antoine and see him develop further before he eventually moves on. AM as good as he is would not be scoring for fun in our current team. Let’s just enjoy a rare bit of positive news and congratulate Antoine even if it hurts a little.

• Like 1