IGNORED

Tyreeq making an impression

Silvio Dante

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Ipswich fan on Twitter a week or so ago said he ran like he was wading through treacle,

Yep.

For any young people browsing on here (unlikely, but just in case) treacle is a thick, sticky, gooey sugary gooey thing your grandparents used to eat in the 1970s, and when they were wading through it it was not very easy, and exhausting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

We warned them but apparently we are just bitter because of ashton.....,

I gave them a fair opinion of him on their forum - basically nice football, passes forward, but can’t defend or track (probably doesn’t want to either) and a bit lightweight.

Of course the idiots (not tarring all of them with that btw) knew better and were coming back with “he’s 6’3”, looks a unit, we need someone physical in MF”.

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

We need him to do well enough to make the move permanent this summer

Yes, definitely.

To be fair most of the Ipswich fans on that Crapinson post on their forum have said he's done okay and don't agree with the OP

He weakens our team and had some awful performances for us but I hope he does well for himself and also for us to get rid of him in the summer.

Seems like people here want him to fail so it vindicates our decision to let him leave and the Mark Ashton situation.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

For any young people browsing on here (unlikely, but just in case) treacle is a thick, sticky, gooey sugary gooey thing your grandparents used to eat in the 1970s, and when they were wading through it it was not very easy, and exhausting.

Treacle was ok but condensed milk was / is so much better ?

36 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Seem to recall some Ipswich fans were laying into NP on their forum about Bakinson. 

Why are they laying into NP?  It's not his fault they were stupid enough to listen to their very own used car salesman?  They were warned on here by a number of poster's what they were getting themselve's into?  Ha!

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Dynamite Red said:

Let's hope he does well enough to earn a permanent transfer. 

50 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

We need him to do well enough to make the move permanent this summer

And this was always the problem I had with Pearson’s parting comments. 
Bakinson is still in contract here next season. Of course, the plan is that he is loaned to Ipswich this season and they take him permanently in the summer, but there was always the danger of poor performances or injury getting in the way of that permanent move. 
If Bakinson has to walk back into the room here in late June for pre-season training, it’s gonna be somewhat awkward. 

Whilst most of us would agree that Pearson was correct in what he said, it wasn’t really necessary and could have waited until he was permanently out of the door. (Or just don’t say it at all). 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Harry said:

Bakinson is still in contract here next season. Of course, the plan is that he is loaned to Ipswich this season and they take him permanently in the summer, but there was always the danger of poor performances or injury getting in the way of that permanent move. 
If Bakinson has to walk back into the room here in late June for pre-season training, it’s gonna be somewhat awkward. 

Whilst most of us would agree that Pearson was correct in what he said, it wasn’t really necessary and could have waited until he was permanently out of the door. (Or just don’t say it at all). 

Or a TB fights back to prove NP wrong and everyone’s a winner babe , that’s the truth.

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

23 minutes ago, Harry said:

I still have no issue with his comments, he’s a low earner who will command a low fee or a free transfer, hopefully it sent a message to some of the others and was a relatively risk free message 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Harry said:

They were his parting comments ' publicly'...just maybe it was said to him privately as well, if not stronger?

I get the impression he was given enough chances, and it was attitude and application that made it a problem.

I personally think he could be a decent player, but influences away from football distract him. And that those influences are strong enough to distract others around him.

I hope he leaves.

• Like 1