IGNORED

Swansea City away match day thread

3 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

All the hate for Vyner, but that's Pring cross shot to stop instead of jumping out the way as if he's avoiding a bullet

In pro football someone else making a mistake doesn't excuse you making a mistake to compound the situation. The problem is that Vyner makes mistake after mistake. I've seen him have good games completely ruined by 2 seconds of lapsed concentration. When you do that game after game the only conclusion you can draw is he simply doesn't have the concentration levels to do well in Championship football. Shame but there's only one person who could have changed that.

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

Same team that started the Reading game isn't it ?

Who would you bring in/drop ?

I missed this reply until now, I mean I'm replying with a bit of a "I said so" card after what we've seen but I'm not fully aware of our injuries. In all honesty though if we stay with the current formation I'd take playing Cundy or Atkinson over Vyner as CB right now, although I think Atkinson is still injured?

I know this may seem out there but I'd also like to see us play 4-4-2 with this line up, although it would be controversial:

[q6m6CWr.jpg

DaSilva is our best passer and crosser of the ball, giving him an opportunity to be higher up the pitch on his favoured side would do wonders. Cundy at RB I'd like to see tried as Vyner isn't good enough and I can see desire to prove himself in Cundy. Weimann on the right could switch into a CAM role when attacking allowing us to get the most out of his attacking but also his running when defending. Then Scott and Massengo in the middle to close down and over more creative options going forward. In defence Kalas and Klose wouldn't have so much confusion on when to stay and go and with Cundy you'd be able to have 3 tall defenders for defending set pieces.

I know it looks very "out there" but I think it plays to the players strengths with the only exception maybe being Cundy at right back but I think you'd need to access his ability to play there through training and seeing how he does.

2 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Congratulations on being the first worrier of the day!

Was I wrong to worry? :laugh: