IGNORED

Swansea City away match day thread

1 minute ago, westonred said:

I am p*ssed off with bad refereeing decisions costing us games every week. Patterson should have been sent off and us given a penalty. Semenyo gets booked for a silly push then thier guy Ntcham gets away with a nasty tackle on Scott also another Swan should have been booked for a foul on Bents Keith Stroud seems to hate us   

Also, I think it should have been a red for the foul on O'Leary, dangerous play!

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

Absolutely, sacking the manager every 6 months has worked really well for Watford…..

It works well because they have very good players and a model that has worked for a long time at the club.

When has it ever worked here? Do we have a squad of very good players? Nope.

It would be a disaster to sack Pearson right now.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Sturgess said:

How different it could've been, had Weimann played in Pring as opposed to go for the much more difficult Semenyo pass. Ah well!

Really want this season to be over now... whilst I think we'll stay up, I'm really looking ahead to the summer when Nigel hopefully make his mark in the way of signings.

Well I know summer is always an optimistic time but let's be honest, Nige's signings last summer are hardly cause for optimism. Most are currently out injured and who has really made an impact from those he signed? 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

We were second best all over second half. Equally so many of these matches come down to ‘moments’. Not too fussed about their third, that happen sometimes when chasing a goal very late on. Self inflicted with poor defending (again) and just not getting the rub of the green on decisions. Most likely an off side goal for them and a clear penalty (again…).

It is what it is, bloody frustrating again, away from home. Just want this season over really.

Edited by cityexile
  • Like 2
Just now, chinapig said:

Assuming Moore, Simpson, Vyner and one of our keepers goes then those are the positions we need to recruit for.

Though there will be the usual fans insisting a striker is the priority.

Hopefully if Semenyo stays and we can offload Wells then get the striker. But as you say we really need to invest in the defence side of it. I know we just lost again and it really pisses me off but if we can get the players in I’m quite optimistic. 

3 minutes ago, westonred said:

I am p*ssed off with bad refereeing decisions costing us games every week. Patterson should have been sent off and us given a penalty. Semenyo gets booked for a silly push then thier guy Ntcham gets away with a nasty tackle on Scott also another Swan should have been booked for a foul on Bents Keith Stroud seems to hate us   

Stroud wants shafting! 

1 minute ago, blockbrowt1 said:

Ffs Nige sort them out. 3 goals conceded after going in front again. Fear for us against  Mboro. Good job we are where we are. Embarrassing! 

I just don’t think he can. I thought with Nige that while the football  might not be open and attractive, at least the spine would be solid and disciplined. But defensively we are an embarrassment, week after week. My guess - in fact I’ve looked it up!- is that if it continues at anything like the current rate, we are heading for most goals conceded in a season ever. SL isn’t going to sanction a host of new signings in the summer, so what exactly is the plan?

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Red said:

Pearson is doing a decent job with the players he has got, SL does not need to take suggestions!

A decent job Oh! come on the players are not that bad, I see a team that looks like they haven't got a clue and can't string 3 passes together the buck stops with who picks them and more importantly motivates and coaches them that was Nigel Pearson the last time I looked.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Well I know summer is always an optimistic time but let's be honest, Nige's signings last summer are hardly cause for optimism. Most are currently out injured and who has really made an impact from those he signed? 

Well yeah, fancy signing players when you know they are going to be injured...................

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Hahaha! Suddenly we have shit players?

SL will do what he will do and we are spectators in that.

Where did i say shit players? the squad he has is limited to what he can do. But if you cant see that, jut moan for the sake of moaning.

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

We were second best all over second half. Equally so many of these matches come down to ‘moments’. Not too fussed about their third, that happen sometimes when chasing a goal very late on. Self inflicted with poor defending (again) and just not getting the rub of the green on decisions. Most likely an off side goal for them and I though a clear penalty (penalty).

It is what it is, bloody frustrating again, away from home. Just want this season over really.

Like I’ve said earlier, we were defending from the front 1st half, lost our shape second.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Rubbish. That was last season's squad. This season's squad work hard but lack talent in the main, Zac Vyner being the prime example - he can't concentrate for toffee but you can never accuse him of lacking motivation. He's just crap at this level and we don't have anything either fit or ready to replace him.

But a squad that continually make basic schoolboy errors every game.

2 minutes ago, cityexile said:

We were second best all over second half. Equally so many of these matches come down to ‘moments’. Not too fussed about their third, that happen sometimes when chasing a goal very late on. Self inflicted with poor defending (again) and just not getting the rub of the green on decisions. Most likely an off side goal for them and I though a clear penalty (penalty).

Do you worry about next season I do.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, 2015 said:

It works well because they have very good players and a model that has worked for a long time at the club.

When has it ever worked here? Do we have a squad of very good players? Nope.

It would be a disaster to sack Pearson right now.

I was agreeing with you…..sarcasm sometimes does not transfer to writing that well… Would never want us to be a car crash club like Watford