IGNORED

Swansea City away match day thread

1 minute ago, Red_Alligator said:

The defending is consistently awful and has shown no signs of improvement, despite changes made. 

Whilst I don't have any concerns about our immediate future in the Championship, I'm becoming more and more nervous about the lack of progress with our defending. I really want NP to stay, but can't fathom why we continue to ship goals, often in an almost comical manner. This really should have been addressed to some extent by now.

It will get addressed................with different players. You can coach the likes of Vyner to death but clearly he just hasn't got it at the level. The issue is with the injuries we've got we can't just bomb him out at the moment (do you think he would be anywhere near a game had Baker and Atkinson been fit?).

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, westonred said:

Horrible to see Korey  celebrating like he did i though he would have more class than that like Benik did a few weeks ago. Yes i know Swansea now play his wages but we are the club that turned him ito a Championship quality player 

Korey did play 28 times for Norwich the season they got promoted to the Premier League so I don’t think we can take all the credit. 

2 minutes ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

and telling someone to read their post again is a pretty nifty definition of patronising. 

I did think that, but thought if I pointed it out we could get stuck in vortex of trying to out-patronise each other under an umbrella of irony and no-one wants that…..!

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

People don't seem to have the understanding and patience to realise that. Next season when Pearson gets the chance to change things a little, albeit still on a budget, if we are still producing the same failings then Pearson will be fair game. I am still amazed that having lost £38m in the last set of accounts there are still people on this forum who genuinely think if they shout loud enough Steve will make the financial position even worse and sack Pearson. It's laughable.

Exactly! Pure shortsightedness. as you say, this time next season, fair game… but you can’t judge the final product until it’s built.

Nige presents hope and a pathway… even if it’s a bumpy ride.

What’s the alternative, let’s become a chop and change ‘tactical’ club, never permitting for time for ‘strategy’. 

Edited by Sturgess
11 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

This forum at times resembles some sort of bizarre online Truman Show-esque surreal universe.

Every time we lose a game we get the same nonsense (Pearson out, Holden didnt lose this many, not improved…. Blah blah blah) from a cross-section of “fans”, who, with every knee-jerk, poorly thought out, shallow and utterly basic statement, show themselves up with a complete lack of understanding of where our club is, the project that Pearson is having to undertake, and the shambles of mis-management and ruin that he inherited.

Buckle in, support them all and look bigger picture and long-term. We are not going down this year.

Anyone can see that whilst we have issues, we are building, and I look forward to calling out some of the absolute tripe from some on here in a year or so. Every club has them, but we seem to be populated with more fans lacking any sort of football nous or intellect than is bearable.

The sun will come out tomorrow, it must be great living in the land of perpetual optimism. I have been supporting city since the mid 60s and have lived through more false dawns than you have had hot dinners, your optimism is commendable but after 55 years let's see if you are still sunny side up. I know he inherited a lot of problems it's the fact we didn't win at home for a record number of times coupled with conceding 2 or more goals for the most times for over 60 years both under NP that worries me.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Not heard the Pearson interview but at what point does he become accountable?? 

Our defending has not improved one joy since he became manager 

For me Andy I start holding him to account from next season. When hopefully he has gotten rid of more players and hopefully brought a few of his own in. We are still in a transition period but this is just my opinion. 

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

It will get addressed................with different players. You can coach the likes of Vyner to death but clearly he just hasn't got it at the level. The issue is with the injuries we've got we can't just bomb him out at the moment (do you think he would be anywhere near a game had Baker and Atkinson been fit?).

I understand what you're saying Uno, but I'm still disappointed with the number and nature of the goals that we continue to concede. With regard to injuries, well not much seems to have changed on that front either - and it's certainly not all down to "having to play Zac Vyner". That's insulting to say the least.

Well that was dreadful, worse than almost anything I've seen this season and I've been to all away bar QPR. 

I am seeing comments about Pearson not happy. Any chance of a bit of what is said as I'm travelling back on the coach, I guess his comments are on Radio Bristol

3 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Hahahahahahahaha!

He's really very good at that! It's like groundhog day.

No problem with that But you have to back it up, even if that means playing the u23s.

Far to much of throwing players under the bus and then picking them next game.

Don't do that in public if you have no intention of following through.

Just comes across as excuse making and deflection of criticism.

Just now, RedM said:

Well that was dreadful, worse than almost anything I've seen this season and I've been to all away bar QPR. 

I am seeing comments about Pearson not happy. Any chance of a bit of what is said as I'm travelling back on the coach, I guess his comments are on Radio Bristol

Basiacllay defenders not showing heart and need to step up or will be out. Also livid with Stroud and referees in the division. 

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, pillred said:

I was rather hoping to see some improvement towards the end of this season, now and again I think I can then performances like Blackpool and today come along and bring me back down to earth with a bang, next season? let's see, I wish I was as optimistic as you.

I suffer same as anyone else, so i am hopeful every season can improve from the last. Years ago i followed us into the old first division, then all the way to the bottom of the old fourth and back. So yeah i want progress.

• Like 1