IGNORED

Swansea City away match day thread

OK. Fair penalty denied. Second goal benefitted from an unlucky bounce. Third was a good individual effort, although, of course, we could have done better. But their first goal! Oh my days. That's among the worst defending I've seen. Three red shirts failing to stop the run or cross, it's piss weak and sort of trickles for the guy to run in and tap in as if it was a training ground drill. 

I'd be trying to destroy any footage of that, if I was involved in that utter balls-up. 

13 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

I for one am sick of this view that all opinions are equally valid. THEY ARE NOT. 
Everyone has the right to an opinion, but if they are spouting nonsense they need to be called out. That’s how we’ve ended up with Brexit, Trump, Anti -vaxxers etc. 

You have an agenda against Pearson and have taken the opportunity to peddle lies and half truths if they support your view. Your opinion is blinkered and you are starting to be called out by a number of posters that I respect. I can get behind that.

I think you are conflating the right to have an opinion with the validity of the opinion as you judge it

3 minutes ago, BasSavage88 said:

Pearson doing his usual post match interview then keeping the usual dopes happy with how mad he is at the players/last chance etc .

Blah Blah Blah Whatever GIF by Minions

He didn't say last chance did he?  What he said was, if certain players don't improve, then they won't be here at the end of the season. So they have all the games left, to prove that they want to play for the club.

40 minutes ago, Malago said:

The frustration for me is that after working out socks off in the 1st half, our energy levels at the start of the 2nd were way off.

Is it stating the bleedin obvious that a home team that is 1-0 down at half time are going to come out at the start of the 2nd all guns blazing?  

Surely we should have come out primed for the start of the 2nd, ready to fight fire with fire.  Instead we did a more than passable impression of a collective fart in a trance.

Part of this is down to Semenyo & Weimann doing all the pressing high up the pitch in the first half, with a lumbering Martin offering no help. You can't expect Semenyo & Weimann to keep up that level of intensity 2nd half. Added to this HNM started to fade (probably not fully fit) and Williams when he came on also didn't look fully fit. So no surprise the level of press 2nd half was nowhere near as good as it was 1st half. 

Soft goal, after soft goal, after soft goal and so it continues., week after week and month after month.   No one else sick of it yet?   If not, I admire both your optimism and your patience.    

Individual errors and this player or that player at fault, terrible injuries, lacking in confidence, yada yada yada. 

I look enviously at the likes of Forest and Middlesbrough who bought a top class manager in.  One of the major differences between them and us?  In their case, the manager actually is good.  You know, someone who knows how to organise a team, brings a style of football to the club, plays from a base of structure and being difficult to break down and beat. 

New manager comes in, there's an immediate impact in terms of improvement, and then the team continues to get better over time.   Its a project, but it doesn't take over a year for anyting to actually change.    

I do see improvement, and you never know we might actually get somewhere after another transfer window or three.  But, being on a promise and actually getting it, are two very different things:  'Not today, perhaps next week or if then maybe next season...' - its a long and uncertain wait, based on a lot of assumptions about keeping hold of our best players and building from there.  

• Like 1

Thought game was on a knife edge until their 2nd - we were coming into it the longer the 2nd half went on. Real problem with this team currently is how easy we are to score against with soft goals from crosses. Until this is sorted we can’t go anywhere but Pearson has until next season to address this whilst he continues to bloods the kids as we are going to be safe. 

Vyner continued to look a real weak link but we’ve known this for a while now. 

2 hours ago, The Original OTIB said:

Who are they?

They were the stars of an advertising campaign who were once regarded as a joke.........but now are an established team, one division lower than us.  The opposite    to an established team who are slowly turning into a joke, and who are trying to set a new record for the number of goals conceded in one season?  Ha!  

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Are they though? He appears to struggle to motivate them as a group, organise them defensively, so are they really going to be afraid of him…

Only so many times you can be shouted at before you ignore it (if you have a spine that is)

Far more to management (in any setting) than shouting.

Edited by VT05763
1 hour ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

He didn't say last chance did he?  What he said was, if certain players don't improve, then they won't be here at the end of the season. So they have all the games left, to prove that they want to play for the club.

Not in his gift, unless their contracts are up.

With such a deliberately small squad alienating a fair few of them could cause issues down the line.

39 minutes ago, SouthS22 said:

Soft goal, after soft goal, after soft goal and so it continues., week after week and month after month.   No one else sick of it yet?   If not, I admire both your optimism and your patience.    

Individual errors and this player or that player at fault, terrible injuries, lacking in confidence, yada yada yada. 

I look enviously at the likes of Forest and Middlesbrough who bought a top class manager in.  One of the major differences between them and us?  In their case, the manager actually is good.  You know, someone who knows how to organise a team, brings a style of football to the club, plays from a base of structure and being difficult to break down and beat. 

New manager comes in, there's an immediate impact in terms of improvement, and then the team continues to get better over time.   Its a project, but it doesn't take over a year for anyting to actually change.    

I do see improvement, and you never know we might actually get somewhere after another transfer window or three.  But, being on a promise and actually getting it, are two very different things:  'Not today, perhaps next week or if then maybe next season...' - its a long and uncertain wait, based on a lot of assumptions about keeping hold of our best players and building from there.  

Both the teams you mention have been flying since new managers have been brought in, us...well we are where we are. NP will be going no-where for a few years unless he gets fed up and walks away.

So, we will carry on and moan and groan and all have our own thoughts on who should be playing, who we should be signing/dropping etc, etc without having much of a clue on whos fit who`s not, who wants to make a mark, who doesnt give a sh1te as long as they get paid etc, etc.

Nothing said on here will change anything we just hope it will; fair play to those who dragged to South Wales today by the way :clap: on a sh1tty day weather wise, they didnt deserve what they witnessed.

Who knows what the next few seasons will bring....give it time and we will see.

Quite a few tempers boiling on here but pointless slagging each other off........its just a moment in time.

5 minutes ago, gl2 said:

Both the teams you mention have been flying since new managers have been brought in, us...well we are where we are. NP will be going no-where for a few years unless he gets fed up and walks away.

So, we will carry on and moan and groan and all have our own thoughts on who should be playing, who we should be signing/dropping etc, etc without having much of a clue on whos fit who`s not, who wants to make a mark, who doesnt give a sh1te as long as they get paid etc, etc.

Nothing said on here will change anything we just hope it will; fair play to those who dragged to South Wales today by the way :clap: on a sh1tty day weather wise, they didnt deserve what they witnessed.

Who knows what the next few seasons will bring....give it time and we will see.

Quite a few tempers boiling on here but pointless slagging each other off........its just a moment in time.

Depending on results, of course

1 hour ago, SouthS22 said:

Get your argument but Forest had good players in place and the manager had to come in and simply reorganise the mantelpiece so to speak, the same to a lesser extent with Boro, although I wouldn’t mind Wilder as a manager.

NP’s well documented issue is that he’s had to start with a shitshow, made worse by a filthy hole on the balance sheet, he’s made no promises about delivering any earlier than the 3 years originally stated as the “project” timeframe.

Personally I think that questions on Pearson should reserved until this time next year, if there is no progress then perhaps time to change.

I suspect we can’t afford to fire, rehire and promise a pot of cash for an incoming manager to spaff, without that then our hiring options are limited, perhaps only to a West Country based manager close to retirement wanting one last retirement payday.

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

Only so many times you can be shouted at before you ignore it (if you have a spine that is)

Far more to management (in any setting) than shouting.

Absolutely and man management like you say in any setting is much more nowadays than the old dinosaur manager hair dryer treatment. 

Players and employees in other settings now have a lot more protection and as such managers have less power than they would have had in the 80s/90s/00s.

Shouting at a group or calling them out in public imo does not have a beneficial effect on team morale.