IGNORED

Swansea City away match day thread

Thought we played well but tired out during the 2nd and our midfield got over run , Just in the end injuries/ lack of depth is costing us at the moment.

If we had another fit CM we could of gone 3 in midfield but I think it was right to take Massengo off even if  Martin would of been the better player to come off if Massengo got injured we only have 2 fit Cm's one of them being Williams who we are easing back in.

It seems a much more Pearson team in the way he set up Leicester countering  attacking football now.

• Like 1
Just now, bemmyredjeff said:

But a squad that continually make basic schoolboy errors every game.

That doesn't make them unprofessional, it simply means they aren't good enough. Until we have certain players players fit again or one or two youngsters "more ready" we don't have anything to replace them with. Vyner will not be anywhere near our first team next season - guaranteed. 

Vyner has to be dropped at this point but I still think Pearson is doing a good job overall, it may sound crazy to many but let's be honest the team has improved in a lot of areas, the only issue seems to be a mental one from our defenders. For me Klose is a great addition and Kalas looks better with him here which is why I'm frustrated that we don't have a natural right back as a back 4 of Klose, Kalas, Pring/ Dasilva and a right back would be far better IMO. At this moment I'd even dare to say I'd go with Pring as left back, Klose and Kalas in the middle and DaSilva on the right but I have a feeling that Pearson wants the players to keep playing the current formation because his long term plans is to bring in the right players to make it work.

It's frustrating as hell to watch this atm as we seem like we're improving in the final third but it's come at the cost of defending. That balance won't be easy until Pearsons had time to bring in the right players as we're not in a financial position to go straight out and buy them, especially in the January transfer window. I just want us to survive this season and potentially hold onto Semenyo and HNM. We need another season with a few more changes, maybe two in the current financial situation and whilst I'm frustrated I hope in the summer we'll see the dead weight players be released/ shipped out and Pearson make some great bargain signings to make the spine of this team stronger and the defence more confident.

We do have the basis of a good side, IF we can upgrade on Vyner and Martin it would make a big difference.

Today HNM didn't seem fully fit which I guess is why he was pulled for Williams, who also doesn't look 100%.

For me we stick with NP, although his reluctance to pull off a knackered Martin not only today but in other games too, does bug me.

Edited by old_eastender
Just now, MarcusX said:

Dangerous play isn’t necessarily a red, it would have to be excessive force which it wasn’t - entitled to go for that, you’d be fuming if one of ours didnt

He came in sliding late, O'Leary already had the ball. Should have been red! No, if one of ours did that I would say the same.

Just now, westonred said:

Horrible to see Korey  celebrating like he did i though he would have more class than that like Benik did a few weeks ago. Yes i know Swansea now play his wages but we are the club that turned him ito a Championship quality player 

He also spent a lot of time being criticised about his injuries and then went to Swansea and seems to be fine which makes me wonder if it's our injury issues that we always seem to have that contributed to his own fight against injury?

This forum at times resembles some sort of bizarre online Truman Show-esque surreal universe.

Every time we lose a game we get the same nonsense (Pearson out, Holden didnt lose this many, not improved…. Blah blah blah) from a cross-section of “fans”, who, with every knee-jerk, poorly thought out, shallow and utterly basic statement, show themselves up with a complete lack of understanding of where our club is, the project that Pearson is having to undertake, and the shambles of mis-management and ruin that he inherited.

Buckle in, support them all and look bigger picture and long-term. We are not going down this year.

Anyone can see that whilst we have issues, we are building, and I look forward to calling out some of the absolute tripe from some on here in a year or so. Every club has them, but we seem to be populated with more fans lacking any sort of football nous or intellect than is bearable.

• Like 11
  • Flames 6
8 minutes ago, 2015 said:

It works well because they have very good players and a model that has worked for a long time at the club.

When has it ever worked here? Do we have a squad of very good players? Nope.

It would be a disaster to sack Pearson right now.

And why would that be? the results and most of the performances would not be worse if you were in charge. 

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

Horrible to see Korey  celebrating like he did i though he would have more class than that like Benik did a few weeks ago. Yes i know Swansea now play his wages but we are the club that turned him ito a Championship quality player 

No problem from me WR. Expect he was gutted to leave the club. He loved it here 

In the state we are in as a club - and we know where the blame for that lies - we have no choice but to stick with Nige, a quality of manager we have seldom seen at Ashton Gate.

I am as certain as I can be that he will succeed in stabilising us, whether that be in The Championship or Division 1.  When he does will be the time to make him DOF and bring in a young talented manager - not now, we are in too much trouble as a club, in all departments save that of  Manager.

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

We’re also the club that deemed him not good enough to keep aren’t we? (May have got that wrong)

Just now, pillred said:

Do you worry about next season I do.

Yep.

Flaky and disorganised currently = relegation scrap.

But hopefully the 3 year plan is in full swing behind the scenes and we have the players lined up that the coaches can actually work with.

We have improved going forward recently to be fair but will have to score 3 every game to get at least a point.

Just now, TomThumb84 said:

This forum at times resembles some sort of bizarre online Truman Show-esque surreal universe.

Every time we lose a game we get the same nonsense (Pearson out, Holden didnt lose this many, not improved…. Blah blah blah) from a cross-section of “fans”, who, with every knee-jerk, poorly thought out, shallow and utterly basic statement, show themselves up with a complete lack of understanding of where our club is, the project that Pearson is having to undertake, and the shambles of mis-management and ruin that he inherited.

Buckle in, support them all and look bigger picture and long-term. We are not going down this year.

Anyone can see that whilst we have issues, we are building, and I look forward to calling out some of the absolute tripe from some on here in a year or so. Every club has them, but we seem to be populated with more fans lacking any sort of football nous or intellect than is bearable.

Please don’t try to be a voice of reason and patronise the rest  of us. We are entitled to an opinion even if it offends your delicate sensibility and superior football nous

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Hmmm 1
6 minutes ago, pillred said:

A decent job Oh! come on the players are not that bad, I see a team that looks like they haven't got a clue and can't string 3 passes together the buck stops with who picks them and more importantly motivates and coaches them that was Nigel Pearson the last time I looked.

Players are told to do certain things if they don't respond to this and cannot string passes together that is down to the player. They don't listen then they should be dropped. Thats why this season is a write off. So will be interesting what next season brings to judge the manager

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, westonred said:

Bearing in mind the shambles we made of releasing Korey, and deeming him not good enough for us, I do not blame his celebrations and will always hold him in high regard.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1