IGNORED

Swansea City away match day thread

3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

He came in sliding late, O'Leary already had the ball. Should have been red! No, if one of ours did that I would say the same.

That’s not a sending off never in a million years, he’s entitled to go for it , if it was one of ours and they didn’t do the same I’d be giving them stick for pulling out .

14 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Well I know summer is always an optimistic time but let's be honest, Nige's signings last summer are hardly cause for optimism. Most are currently out injured and who has really made an impact from those he signed? 

Always optimistic, but in this case, it has to be a successful one in terms of incoming quality. 

Bristol City became a very comfortable environment for coasting, gradually, players are being made accountable for their effort and that by and large has improved from the pre-Pearson era. It’s taken time, but you can see that. 

The next piece of the puzzle has to be upping the quality within the squad. If you expect that to happen in one summer window, you’ll be paying for it (and we can’t). However, Bristol City will be far more appealing for players this summer than last.

Absence of the above (allowing the manager time) will just see a perpetual cycle of short-term positions and manager rotations… I’d much rather allow Nige to build and take the blips during said transition. 

Edited by Sturgess
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Jefferz said:

He brought in Danny Simpson and Andy King neither of whom could get a game anywhere 

Chances are we're going to have an offer we can't refuse for at least one of our young talents that will free up some funds for recruiting. That wasn't the case when he brought in those two

7 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Last season, couldn't score, couldn't defend. This season, can score, can't defend. Next season, will score, will defend!

This is a message for all bedwetters.

And a message for all the delusional . What has happened to calling  a spade a spade? What has happened to being allowed to question poor management?

A year on and we still look a really really poorly organised team over 75% of the time. Our defence is the worst its been since we joined the Championship. It's not treason to ask questions.

• Like 1
Just now, Red said:

Players are told to do certain things if they don't respond to this and cannot string passes together that is down to the player. They don't listen then they should be dropped. Thats why this season is a write off. So will be interesting what next season brings to judge the manager

People don't seem to have the understanding and patience to realise that. Next season when Pearson gets the chance to change things a little, albeit still on a budget, if we are still producing the same failings then Pearson will be fair game. I am still amazed that having lost £38m in the last set of accounts there are still people on this forum who genuinely think if they shout loud enough Steve will make the financial position even worse and sack Pearson. It's laughable.

• Like 4
Just now, Kodjias Wrist said:

Do we have the funds next season to bring in decent players without selling prized assets? 

This season is shit but mildly better than last season so ill take that.

Unfortunately I can't see us holding onto all of them. One of them going for big money could help the squad in the big picture

2 minutes ago, Red said:

Players are told to do certain things if they don't respond to this and cannot string passes together that is down to the player. They don't listen then they should be dropped. Thats why this season is a write off. So will be interesting what next season brings to judge the manager

I was rather hoping to see some improvement towards the end of this season, now and again I think I can then performances like Blackpool and today come along and bring me back down to earth with a bang, next season? let's see, I wish I was as optimistic as you.

• Like 3
Just now, Glen hump said:

That’s not a sending off never in a million years, he’s entitled to go for it , if it was one of ours and they didn’t do the same I’d be giving them stick for pulling out .

I think there are some refs that would have given a red there, what if that had been his head, instead of his chest, which it well could have been. O'L would have been in Hospital now!  I don' t care what anyone says on here that was dangerous play He was late on O'Leary and slid in violently.

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

And a message for all the delusional . What has happened to calling  a spade a spade? What has happened to being allowed to question poor management?

A year on and we still look a really really poorly organised team over 75% of the time. Our defence is the worst its been since we joined the Championship. It's not treason to ask questions.

I’m sure if Nige had money he would’ve bought defenders to improve the situation.  The fact of the matter is we are screwed financially at the moment.  Why do people not get this? 

3 minutes ago, pillred said:

And why would that be? the results and most of the performances would not be worse if you were in charge. 

1. We aren't going anywhere either way this season.

2. He is aware of the FFP restrictions the club have (Not many managers will want to come here with that hanging over us).

3. He has introduced Academy products into the team. Some players have improved under him (Semenyo, Weimann, Massengo, Pring, Scott). We are poor at the back yes, but we have been hamstrung by Baker's injury and Tanner's. 

4. We need a period of stability at the club which I believe we will benefit from in the long run.

5. We're actually entertaining at least, even if it is frustrating, which we haven't been for a good few years now.

6. I think the players ARE playing for Pearson, some individuals are not good enough though (Vyner, COD, O'Leary).

Fair enough, you might want him sacked because you look at the results and are unhappy, but to me it's short sighted and would be totally the wrong decision.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Flames 3

The defending is consistently awful and has shown no signs of improvement, despite changes made. 

Whilst I don't have any concerns about our immediate future in the Championship, I'm becoming more and more nervous about the lack of progress with our defending. I really want NP to stay, but can't fathom why we continue to ship goals, often in an almost comical manner. This really should have been addressed to some extent by now.

• Like 1