IGNORED

Swansea City away match day thread

4 minutes ago, lenred said:

Basically defenders not showing heart and need to step up or will be out. Also livid with Stroud and referees in the division. 

In fairness it's ridiculous how many clear cut penalties, like today's foul on Semenyo while still 2-1, we have been denied. Although perhaps not deserved had that been given and we scrape a 2-2 draw, most are satisfied. 

Edited by old_eastender
  • Like 1
6 minutes ago, pillred said:

The sun will come out tomorrow, it must be great living in the land of perpetual optimism. I have been supporting city since the mid 60s and have lived through more false dawns than you have had hot dinners, your optimism is commendable but after 55 years let's see if you are still sunny side up. I know he inherited a lot of problems it's the fact we didn't win at home for a record number of times coupled with conceding 2 or more goals for the most times for over 60 years both under NP that worries me.

You have also lived through some great times and some dawns that were not false - ie top level football.

Having supported City since the mid 80’s I would trump you on the false dawn front I’d argue, and the hot dinners too.

I think I am a realist and not the eternal optimist you have intimated, but with respect I am surprised at your level of pessimism and cynicism.

My old man has supported since the late 50’s and has some great memories and highs and yes some terrible lows supporting this club but offers a reasonably balanced opinion on where we are now and on the whole I think we should look forward with cautious positivity based on our young players, our manager, and our second tier status.

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Red_Alligator said:

I understand what you're saying Uno, but I'm still disappointed with the number and nature of the goals that we continue to concede. With regard to injuries, well not much seems to have changed on that front either - and it's certainly not all down to "having to play Zac Vyner". That's insulting to say the least.

No, it's not all Zac Vyner as you say. The injury situation has been disappointing and I thought would have improved more than it has tbh (although will never be as bad as it was with that clown Rolls in charge). How many games have we had anything even resembling a full strength squad to pick from? More work needs to be done on that score, that's for sure.

I would go as far to say we need to somehow balance the books and bring in a new Goalkeeper and three defenders. Whether we can get rid of the likes of Vyner/O'Leary or Bentley/O'Dowda is another matter though and doesn't make it easy to balance those books if we can't.

• Like 3
12 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Which games have we lost due to lack of motivation. When have you seen our lot "not trying"?

Good point, yes I mean not motivation as in trying per say but motivation in be able to follow coaching instructions, our players look confused and lost for large parts of games.

Perhaps confused and lost are better descriptions.

1 minute ago, old_eastender said:

In fairness it's ridiculous how many clear cut penalties, like today's foul on Semenyo while still 2-1, we have been denied. Although perhaps not deserved had that been given and scrape a 2-2 draw, most are satisfied. 

A draw would’ve been a very good result. Shocking decision and just becoming a ‘Ing pain that we continually get these decisions against us.  

15 minutes ago, 2015 said:

1. We aren't going anywhere either way this season.

2. He is aware of the FFP restrictions the club have (Not many managers will want to come here with that hanging over us).

3. He has introduced Academy products into the team. Some players have improved under him (Semenyo, Weimann, Massengo, Pring, Scott). We are poor at the back yes, but we have been hamstrung by Baker's injury and Tanner's. 

4. We need a period of stability at the club which I believe we will benefit from in the long run.

5. We're actually entertaining at least, even if it is frustrating, which we haven't been for a good few years now.

6. I think the players ARE playing for Pearson, some individuals are not good enough though (Vyner, COD, O'Leary).

Fair enough, you might want him sacked because you look at the results and are unhappy, but to me it's short sighted and would be totally the wrong decision.

Very fair summing up, it's not the results so much as the way we keep losing in the way we do that hurts so much.

For what it’s worth, the second goal was poor, but it happens, and I don’t agree with throwing players under the bus, particularly if there are no replacements in the wing; there is a time for calm reflection.The third goal was really well taken. I think City played ok, sure Swansea shaded it but I thought Semenyo and Weiman played well, and but for a shocking piece of refereeing it would have been 2.2. 

The frustration for me is that after working out socks off in the 1st half, our energy levels at the start of the 2nd were way off.

Is it stating the bleedin obvious that a home team that is 1-0 down at half time are going to come out at the start of the 2nd all guns blazing?  

Surely we should have come out primed for the start of the 2nd, ready to fight fire with fire.  Instead we did a more than passable impression of a collective fart in a trance.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

Good point, yes I mean not motivation as in trying per say but motivation in be able to follow coaching instructions, our players look confused and lost for large parts of games.

Perhaps confused and lost are better descriptions.

My view is Vyner isn't confused. He knows what he is MEANT to be doing but his issue is 90% of the time he can do it and the other 10% of the time he loses focus and that leads to us losing football matches. Look at their equalising goal today - you can't tell me that due to instructions given to him Vyner was confused whether to cut out the mishit shot or not, no he just fell asleep and it's a goal. It's infuriating and despite what I said on this thread earlier I am coming to the conclusion that Zac needs to be bombed out of the squad ALTOGETHER for now and let's see Robbie Cundy have a go until we get Atkinson fit again.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
5 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

For someone who was so vocal in your defence of Boy Wonder at every moment , the one who left the almighty mess

Your agenda against the bloke tasked with sorting it out is somewhat amusing

Quote me- the record is there for everyone to see.

How sad for you that you are so one dimensional that you feel questioning management , performances and results is an agenda.

How silly that you didnt quote my post of 15 mins ago about sacking NP " what would that achieve?"

The Agenda is yours. I'm just a fan who goes to the home games and dont like what I see more than I like what I see.

• Like 1
Just now, shepton red said:

For what it’s worth, the second goal was poor, but it happens, and I don’t agree with throwing players under the bus, particularly if there are no replacements in the wing; there is a time for calm reflection.The third goal was really well taken. I think City played ok, sure Swansea shaded it but I thought Semenyo and Weiman played well, and but for a shocking piece of refereeing it would have been 2.2. 

He didn’t name any players so I think it’s fine. He was just laying down the gauntlet for players between now and the end of the season. Shape up or you”ll be gone. And we all know that there are some players (often mentioned on this forum!) who switch off/are too weak in defence. They need to improve or they’ll be gone - and that is quite right if we want to improve. Shame Baker is injured though. 

2 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Pearson has ripped into players before to no change really.  Time for it to have a real impact for once. Would be amazed if Cundy isn’t in for Vyner next week. 

He's given people more than their fair share of chances to put things right/improve their game. I think, if anything, he has been too generous but mainly due to the injury situation. If you keep bollocking people or keep putting you arm around people or a mixture of the two and 20 games later they are STILL MAKING THE SAME MISTAKES week in and week out then there is clearly no way of improving them. Today certainly comes across as one defensive shitshow too far and changes have to be made. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, eardun said:

He didn’t name any players so I think it’s fine. He was just laying down the gauntlet for players between now and the end of the season. Shape up or you”ll be gone. And we all know that there are some players (often mentioned on this forum!) who switch off/are too weak in defence. They need to improve or they’ll be gone - and that is quite right if we want to improve. Shame Baker is injured though. 

I think one in particular has now used up his number of chances to improve.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

My view is Vyner isn't confused. He knows what he is MEANT to be doing but his issue is 90% of the time he can do it and the other 10% of the time he loses focus and that leads to us losing football matches. Look at their equalising goal today - you can't tell me that due to instructions given to him Vyner was confused whether to cut out the mishit shot or not, no he just fell asleep and it's a goal. It's infuriating and despite what I said on this thread earlier I am coming to the conclusion that Zac needs to be bombed out of the squad ALTOGETHER for now and let's see Robbie Cundy have a go until we get Atkinson fit again.

Agreed that Vyner is currently/maybe never of Championship but why keep playing him ?

I think he has a future as a DM but not at the back (ball watches)

As you say we have other options.

6 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Or believe it or not have a different opinion to you that is just as valid.

I for one am sick of this view that all opinions are equally valid. THEY ARE NOT. 
Everyone has the right to an opinion, but if they are spouting nonsense they need to be called out. That’s how we’ve ended up with Brexit, Trump, Anti -vaxxers etc. 

You have an agenda against Pearson and have taken the opportunity to peddle lies and half truths if they support your view. Your opinion is blinkered and you are starting to be called out by a number of posters that I respect. I can get behind that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1
1 minute ago, HappyClapper said:

I for one am sick of this view that all opinions are equally valid. THEY ARE NOT. 
Everyone has the right to an opinion, but if they are spouting nonsense they need to be called out. That’s how we’ve ended up with Brexit, Trump, Anti -vaxxers etc. 

You have an agenda against Pearson and have taken the opportunity to peddle lies and half truths if they support your view. Your opinion is blinkered and you are starting to be called out by a number of posters that I respect. I can get behind that.

But I voted against Brexit.

6 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Are we really going to say that the 1 million plus majority that voted for Brexit that their opinion is not equally as valid as yours? 

Edited by pillred
Punctuation
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He's given people more than their fair share of chances to put things right/improve their game. I think, if anything, he has been too generous but mainly due to the injury situation. If you keep bollocking people or keep putting you arm around people or a mixture of the two and 20 games later they are STILL MAKING THE SAME MISTAKES week in and week out then there is clearly no way of improving them. Today certainly comes across as one defensive shitshow too far and changes have to be made. 

Nailed

• Like 2