IGNORED

Pearson post match

And Its Smith

Nigel Pearson is furious. Said managers like me lose their jobs because players lack heart. said he’s sick and tired of protecting the players. That players will be going because he’s not putting up with it anymore.

Who does he mean from today ?  Max for coming off injured ?  Vyner surely for not being committed on their second goal. Can’t actually say anyone else didn’t show heart today 

• Like 3

Well, I suppose he must think we are safe, as it ain’t going to play well you would think with the players short term. Not saying he is wrong, but not sure in some cases it is ‘heart’ as much as basic skill levels. Few more off the bus?

Edited by cityexile

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Nigel Pearson is furious. Said managers like me lose their jobs because players lack heart. said he’s sick and tired of protecting the players. That players will be going because he’s not putting up with it anymore.

Who does he mean from today ?  Max for coming off injured ?  Vyner surely for not being committed on their second goal. Can’t actually say anyone else didn’t show heart today 

Don't pick them then FFS !!!!

How many times, play the u-23s, you are under no pressure to produce results.

Scorched earth policy and take some responsibility.

1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

Don't pick them then FFS !!!!

How many times, play the u-23s, you are under no pressure to produce results.

Scorched earth policy and take some responsibility.

I suspect he won’t. Although massive difference between the U23s and Championship level. Not sure that there are too many defenders in the U23s that really stand out

2 minutes ago, frenchred said:

How about he takes a bit of blame himself. He continually picks the same side, same tactics and expects different results? He's deluded!

Still he can slam off all the reporters and everyone's happy!

We are where we are!

He doesn't have much choice when it comes to defence with Tanner and Atkinson out though I can't see that Cundy can make it any worse.

Doesn't help mind you that Simpson is so bad he can't get anywhere near a start in a terrible defence. That one is definitely down to Nigel.

Across the squad I can see 8 going in the summer.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, frenchred said:

How about he takes a bit of blame himself. He continually picks the same side, same tactics and expects different results? He's deluded!

Still he can slam off all the reporters and everyone's happy!

We are where we are!

Pretty bang on, he's not the main source of our problems, but the way he says it you'd think he has no connections with the club. He needs to stop shirking responsibility and blame and maybe take it a bit easier on our young players, slagging the off in the press is very shit man management imo.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It won’t be Max, he was clearly hobbling taking goal kicks after being fouled, I doubt very much Pearson will see him coming off as anything but the correct decision all round.

Nailed on to be Vyner after the first goal, as for anyone else then next Saturday will tell us.

He is picking the U23s! How many of our starting line up & subs are eligible for them? 8?

He will pick the same players next week.

1 minute ago, chinapig said:

He doesn't have much choice when it comes to defence with Tanner and Atkinson out though I can't see that Cundy can make it any worse.

Doesn't help mind you that Simpson is so bad he can't get anywhere near a start in a terrible defence. That one is definitely down to Nigel.

personally wouldn’t worry how many went or who they were as long as we saved on wages and got some cash sales.  Nige needs a complete rebuild.  And as said before quite happy if that has to be back in Division 1.  We need a complete reset.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I’m glad that he’s angry, and comes out and said as much.

I’d probably rather he didn’t come out with “they’ll be off” type comments re nameless players.  I don’t mind with Bakinson, because he named him / called him out.

Lets hope our recruitment team are stepping up.

Perhaps like last season we’ve reached the point where he can play who he wants without fear of relegation.  Last season he started casting aside the players who weren’t up for it, even if it meant playing the youngsters and fielding a potentially weaker team.

As fans, are you prepared for that?  I am.

A recruitment team that is headed by an analyst isn't it? I'm staggered that since Ashton's departure we seem to have done nothing about appointing a football man to head things up.

Are we waiting for Steve Walsh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Pearson says you cannot give players desire. I’d argue you can, it’s called motivating players 

Not sure that’s the same, you can motivate the players to go out to try to win the game, desire is the ability to stick you head, leg, foot in where it might get hurt to win the game. Desire comes from within and in varying levels. Not sure the desire is there with a certain unnamed right-sided centre back

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Agreed, if we persevere with 3 at the back then Cundy has to come into the equation.

Having gone to wing backs that suits Simpson even less, Tanner is a big miss but it is an indictment of the squad that we can’t manage without a lad who started the season in L2.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chinapig said:

If they are out of contact/want to.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

I’m glad that he’s angry, and comes out and said as much.

I’d probably rather he didn’t come out with “they’ll be off” type comments re nameless players.  

My point though is what good is it doing for said players?  probably none. If they're as spineless as he makes out slagging them off won't ignite them at all it'll just make the environment around the club worse and worse, an environenment someone like a Massengo may not want to be part of in future.

• Like 3