IGNORED

Pearson post match

And Its Smith

1 minute ago, RedNachos said:

My point though is what good is it doing for said players?  probably none. If they're as spineless as he makes out slagging them off won't ignite them at all it'll just make the environment around the club worse and worse, an environenment someone like a Massengo may not want to be part of in future.

Correct.

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

Good on Nige. He’s here to sort things out and won’t take shit. The improvement since he came in, despite us becoming far more financially frugal, is there to see. He’s the answer.

I would argue that if we had our best back four available (Baker is in that but we all know he can't be picked and he will be replaced next season) I think the recent improvements in attacking play would have seen us picking up more points and we would have been easily mid table by now. But we don't have that luxury and one or two of the players that have been given a fantastic opportunity have literally ****** up their career at this level.

• Like 1

Just now, Harry R said:

He knows how to push fans' buttons, does Pearson. Plays up to his image as a no-nonsense hard man. 

He had a clearout last summer but apparently he needs another one. 

A less famous manager would have been sacked a while ago.

Hardly, his job was survival this year and that's pretty much done 2/3rds of the way through the season.

Next season he will be judged on whether he can put together a play off push.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

If you have to somehow "give" players desire or bribe them to show desire then you have the wrong players in your squad.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

6 minutes ago, lenred said:

Motivation only goes so far. You need to have the hunger for the fight yourself as well. It has to come from within.  

Yep, you can motivate to an extent.

You can protect a player publicly like he has done recently, but you probably expect something back.  Today it seems like he feels he got a bit of a kick in the teeth from one or two players.  It maybe was the final straw.

• Like 2

He has the chance after this season to mould the team in his character...it is not at the moment..... to quote LJ he  will want 'pitch side personalities' .

We can all guess  who NP is referring to today.  I would challenge him that there is a difference between having heart and basically not being good enough for Championship football.  I would rather he said some of them are not championship standard. This is because they cannot perform  consistently.  

I am still unsure how the financial straightjacket will influence us over this coming summer  but I am quietly confident he will get the types he wants... and the players actually good enough..

• Hmmm 1

4 minutes ago, Harry R said:

He knows how to push fans' buttons, does Pearson. Plays up to his image as a no-nonsense hard man. 

To be fair, he did say at the start that he needed three clear outs (windows)

• Like 3

Fair play to Nige. He has the benefit of the doubt from me at the moment. Plenty of injuries and players who just aren’t good enough at this level.

I will however say that the complete lack of organisation and horrendously dire defending must improve come next season. If it carries on with new personnel it will be very difficult to not start having a look at the coaching staff.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

Just now, bris red said:

Fair play to Nige. He has the benefit of the doubt from me at the moment. Plenty of injuries and players who just aren’t good enough at this level.

I will however say that the complete lack of organisation and horrendously dire defending must improve come next season. If it carries on with new personnel it will be very difficult to not start having a look at the coaching staff.

Is the simple summing up of the situation. No more to be said imo.

4 minutes ago, Harry R said:

Maybe you’ve missed large chunks of relevant news

But the clear out , and who ,was to a large degree dictated by finances

Be sure there were others he would have liked to have traded but if no one is interested ... Well that itself speaks volumes

It was his lack of opportunity to spend and replace that was , and is the problem, , and will be for a while yet

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, frenchred said:

How about he takes a bit of blame himself. He continually picks the same side, same tactics and expects different results? He's deluded!

Still he can slam off all the reporters and everyone's happy!

We are where we are!

What changes can he make . We’ve got players that are not good enough & a small squad with injuries in crucial positions . So come on genius enlighten us all. 

8 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Correct.

Vermin 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, Harry R said:

And thereby not have the numbers he needs to get through this season? The mass clear out occurred, but there were always going to be a few in the grey zone with an opportunity to stay… some have taken their chance, others less so, be it down to mentality or they are already maxing out their ability and it isn’t at the level we need. 

I still think we need to stick with Nige and view this as a long term project but i must admit to being very underwhelmed with our progress this season.

Defensively we are a shambles and had it not been for the emergence of Scott and Semenyo, i really can't think of many other positives.

The wins we have managed to pick up have been rather fortunate and apart from a handful of decent 45 minute performances, we have been 2nd best in the majority of games this season.

I appreciate that finances are tight but unless we can add 4 or 5 first team starters over the summer, i can't see it getting better any time soon. He clearly hasn't been able to coach the current crop any better than his 2 predecessors.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Super said:

Glad he is fuming. This lot are pathetically weak and fall apart time and time again. 

Me too. At least he recognises there’s a problem- which is half the battle, as they say (so I’m told) at AA. Unfortunately, solving this one in our current financial circumstances may be as challenging  as staying on the wagon.

11 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

My point though is what good is it doing for said players?  probably none. If they're as spineless as he makes out slagging them off won't ignite them at all it'll just make the environment around the club worse and worse, an environenment someone like a Massengo may not want to be part of in future.

Has he slagged any named individual off? We’re reading into that statement and rightfully coming up with at least one name. Pearson has been in the game long enough, I suspect what was said in the dressing room was infinitely worse. No one slated Ferguson for kicking boots and cups of tea, and sometimes truths do have to be pointed out. 

If players find the dressing room bollocking too upsetting or makes them not want to be there, then they’re probably not best being professionals in an immediate results driven business.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, petehinton said:

It’s good for him to not settling at defending, but this is also the third(?) time he’s snapped and thrown players under the bus publicly in the media this season and nothing changes. So who’s in the wrong here?

He’s 100% correct on players having it too easy here recently though. 

Too easy, that's been the case for donkey's years! BCFC has too long been a holiday camp for a lot of overpaid, can't be bothered players. It's about time we had someone here who sees it as it is. Not just a yes man to the owner.

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Nigel Pearson is furious. Said managers like me lose their jobs because players lack heart. said he’s sick and tired of protecting the players. That players will be going because he’s not putting up with it anymore.

Who does he mean from today ?  Max for coming off injured ?  Vyner surely for not being committed on their second goal. Can’t actually say anyone else didn’t show heart today 

I thought he meant heart as in commitment to throw themselves in front of a cross, bust a gut to close someone down etc.

Dasilva stood off so much for the second, Pring turned his back for the first and Vyner no desire to track his runner.

Theres clearly a number of players who have got the heart and desire. The front lads ran their socks off in that press 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Pearson says you cannot give players desire. I’d argue you can, it’s called motivating players 

You’re a professional footballer & have you’re own pride in your performance to motivate yourself to win a game …… the manager can give you confidence but cannot give you heart and desire as that’s on you. I’m not Pearson biggest fan but he’s right on this !!

• Like 14