IGNORED

Pearson post match

And Its Smith

8 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Again, you failed to answer the question I asked in the match day thread. Rather than revelling in the negativity and only posting when we lose, who would you like to see in charge?

I’m starting to think you’re a little gas head troll, out to stir as your life is bleak and empty, and this is the best you can come up with for entertaining yourself on the internet.

Named after one of our worst players. Absolute tell-tale sign.

• Like 1

Those people who are accusing him of chucking people under the bus? Did you listen to the interview? If he had turned round and said "nobody was really to blame, it was just bad luck" you would all be wetting the bed about that. When you defend as badly as we did today what is the Manager meant to say? How about you tell us what you wanted him to say?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I think he feels let down by one or two players who he’s really protected at times.  Sometimes you’re too annoyed to let it go.  Today was that day, because @Rossi the Robin says we executed the tactics really well first half, there were 3 points in the offing.

First goal Vyner getting a lot of stick, but if you watch it back, he points to Jay to pick up Obafemi, then almost does a double take when he sees that Jay is simply standing still. Too late by then, perhaps he could have done more, but Jay should have tracked the man.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Naming the players is the important bit though. Meaningless otherwise.

Make your mind up. 

5 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

If you can't/wont change it don't destroy the players in public who you are going to pick next week.

Edited by lenred
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

First goal Vyner getting a lot of stick, but if you watch it back, he points to Jay to pick up Obafemi, then almost does a double take when he sees that Jay is simply standing still. Too late by then, perhaps he could have done more, but Jay should have tracked the man.

Second goal, bloke runs from half way line, everyone backing off, including Jay, though anyone of 3 could have tried to make a tackle. Afther that it's ball watching and pinball.

50 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Good on Nige. He’s here to sort things out and won’t take shit. The improvement since he came in, despite us becoming far more financially frugal, is there to see. He’s the answer.

I agree. He won’t accept anything less than committed and professional application. He cleared out those in the summer who he didn’t see having the required application/attributes and at the time most of us saw that as the start of the process, with more to follow. 

While his comments today were largely re our defending (he expects the entire squad to defend) some of our decision-making up front wasn't great.

13 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

Again, you failed to answer the question I asked in the match day thread. Rather than revelling in the negativity and only posting when we lose, who would you like to see in charge?

I’m starting to think you’re a little gas head troll, out to stir as your life is bleak and empty, and this is the best you can come up with for entertaining yourself on the internet.

Ryan Lowe

8 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

The leicester players were high quality, but it was 6/7 years ago that team went together. There was an obvious risk with the simpson and king signjngs, and james has had long term injuries too. Baker was always going to be a risk, atkinson was initially in favour, then dropped, now no one knows whats happening, and tanner was a league 2 right back who might or might not turn into a good signing, but was cheap enough to take a risk on. 

weimann has been fantastic, but several of those signings were clearly questionable at the time.

Fair that the signings were not guaranteed successes, but with the budget available it was always going to be tricky to bring in proven Championship players at the peak of their career. Weimann and James pretty solid bets, Tanner and Atkinson relatively cheap punts on younger talent, King, Simpson and Baker bigger gambles given career stage/injury records, but not ludicrous, just haven’t turned out well. Klose a short term option. Injuries hurting us again, not as bad as last season, but we lack the protection of a bigger squad. Still tempted to conjure a conspiracy theory about Desso pitches given (think) the same pitch at HPC. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

He has been chucking "unnamed"  players under the bus and then picking the same side for the next game from the moment he came in.

Interesting motivational technique.

Rubbish! God alive he has six first teamers injured one permanently. He can’t pick the same team if Tanner Atkinson the two lads from Leicester Baker etc are not available. He has to pick what is! He has lost his temper tonight as he’s tried most other things!

13 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

it seems a fair honest assessment of the game rather than damning but the poor bloke is in exactly the same position as a year ago when he threatened to get rid of players who lacked commitment.

A slightly more considered interview than the BBCRB one.  Not a long wrong with it imho.

1 minute ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Fair that the signings were not guaranteed successes, but with the budget available it was always going to be tricky to bring in proven Championship players at the peak of their career. Weimann and James pretty solid bets, Tanner and Atkinson relatively cheap punts on younger talent, King, Simpson and Baker bigger gambles given career stage/injury records, but not ludicrous, just haven’t turned out well. Klose a short term option. Injuries hurting us again, not as bad as last season, but we lack the protection of a bigger squad. Still tempted to conjure a conspiracy theory about Desso pitches given (think) the same pitch at HPC. 

The training pitches are grass. Main pitch is Desso .

31 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He (Nige) didn’t have a clear out last summer.  He had a set of financial constraints imposed upon him, where the best way to reduce wage bill (and squad size) in an uncertain market was let players who were OOC leave.  Imagine Ashton had extended £5.3m Diedhiou’s contract in the prior 2 seasons to give Pearson an actual choice?

He’s not suggesting a 10 player plus clear out is he?  He’s suggesting a small number of players, in the defensive positions, might need changing unless they knuckle down.

I don’t mind Zak Vyner - assuming he’s one of them - most OTIBers think he’s “Lg1 at best”, but seem to get very upset when said player might be criticised by the manager.

Aren’t you getting what you want.  Same with Bakinson “he’s lazy, he’s crap…” until the manager has a go and you all get defensive.

You dislike the Cosy Club concept, until someone wants to do something about it!

Sounds rather like “cake and eat it”.

Absolutely spot on, there's loads on here guilty of it. Whine for years about the club being too cosy and the players having it too easy, then when someone who has the track record comes in and tries to fix it, that's wrong as well because they don't like the methods or the results are up and down and success isn't instant.

Edited by Northern Red
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

I haven’t watched them back….so you could be right.

2 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Rubbish! God alive he has six first teamers injured one permanently. He can’t pick the same team if Tanner Atkinson the two lads from Leicester Baker etc are not available. He has to pick what is! He has lost his temper tonight as he’s tried most other things!

Hope Holden doesn't read this !

Having now watched the interview it doesn’t come across as I was led to expect. He is clearly frustrated but hasn’t chucked anyone under the bus. My reading of it is that he’s laid down a challenge along the lines of “ If you want to be part of the squad next season some of you need to be doing your jobs better. If you are unable to find it within yourself to do that I will have to find someone who can.” Perfectly reasonable IMHO if we want to get better.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

It’s not an obsession, you can have an opinion, it’s a forum, but perhaps be an interesting poster and express a contra-argument. Not too much to ask surely, only posting negatives makes you a bit dull…

What argument do you need? I don't think pearson is the right man for the job 

Just now, lenred said:

Said it easier.  Nailed on I reckon 

Someone thinks our manager isn't up for the job so he has he must be a gas head? 

39 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Sometimes you’re too annoyed to let it go.

I agree, Dave. Though I suspect he would never admit it I wonder if he will look back with a degree of regret that his emotion got the better of him post-match.

Again, not saying he's wrong, but it is his job to get the best out of what he has at his disposal, and this is where I somewhat waver.

We've seen bits and pieces of promise through the season, some are very quick to forget that we used to have, unless my memory is betraying me, one or two shots a game under Holden. In my opinion we have improved (again, some forget that if we hadnt improved since he joined we'd be rock bottom with or without points deductions) however we consistently turn in performances that are lacking in core elements of a team in our position. He's right, we do lack heart, we still have a glaring lack of leaders and it was lovely to see Bentley dishing out a bollocking after an all too familiar passage of play where we mentally switched off. The issue, however, is that we are also lacking in areas for which he/the coaching team should be held accountable. We look ragged and disorganised far too often. We lose shape and discipline, our positional awareness is poor. There have been times this season where we've looked like a pub team. Of course when we come out of those unscathed, as we did against Reading in midweek, it is dressed up with the predictable chaff of 'bodies on the line', 'did what we needed to do' etc. I was uncomfortable with Fleming spouting such lines after Wednesday as it simply wasnt the reality. More often than not we concede an equaliser in those circumstances, don't make a rod for your back with falsified positives that, a few days later, can be countered with 'So they didn't put their bodies on the line today?'

To reiterate I am behind Pearson and think, for more than one reason, people need to stop the negativity and buy into the fact we have/are pressing the reset button. However I understand when that bubbles up as we have at times this season turned in performances I would deem unacceptable. To be frank, whilst he clearly deserves credit for it happening on his watch, he should thank his lucky stars that Semenyo is a man transformed.

Edited by S_C
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, The Original OTIB said:

Third, poor pass by Scott, then goes to ground to correct error and takes himself out of the game, Vyner drawn to the ball because Kalas stepped forward in error,  gets nutmegged, goal.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Absolutely spot on, there's loads on here guilty of it. Whine for years about the club being too cosy and the players having it too easy, then when someone who has the track record comes in and tries to fix it, that's wrong as well because they don't like the methods or the results are up and down and success isn't instant.

Track record of what? 

I wouldn't believe Pearson used to be a defender.

Our defence is calamitous continuously, practically amateurish. How they are not embarrassed with themselves I will never know. A shit player is a shit player I guess, but what the hell do they do in training every week? For this entire season? 

A portion of the blame has to go to Pearson, and on those training them. To see it look so bad, no improvements. And there has been signings at the back. Simpson, Atkinson, Tanner, Klose. Some maybe injured now, they have all played. Still laughably embarrassing defensively though and have been all season. Pathetic.  

Our attackers are stepping up. Its the clowns at the back. 

Edited by Atticus
  • Like 2

Just now, lenred said:

Yep. 

Then you must float around in very small circles if you think most fans are happy with this shit and wouldnt be happy to see him gone 

Just now, lenred said:

Yep. 

Then you must float around in very small circles if you think most fans are happy with this shit and wouldnt be happy to see him gone 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

I think he might let them know personally in dressing room or his office

It was a line in the sand statement 

Yeah, it’s not like they’re all sat there thinking “is he on about me”…he will let them know who they are.  What he doesn’t need to do is name them to the press and create unnecessary headlines.

Don’t want to bring LJ into it, but he was the opposite from what I heard….name them to the press but unable to tell them to their face.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1