IGNORED

Pearson post match

And Its Smith

3 hours ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Going with gut feeling, hence the passion in the interview. He's been told to ship up or ship out. He feels its the players, i really really do think our players need ptsd counselling. Not a joke, aware it's hippy crap, but it may help. 

…. and you’d just love go believe that wouldn’t you!  

You’re totally bitter and twisted regarding NP, but the only thing I’d agree with is, City sides in recent years have suffered severely weak mentality on the pitch.

If we haven’t already got a sports psychologist, we need one pronto.  If we already have one, we need to sack the bastard!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I wish that there was a condensed for the twitterati!!!

image.thumb.png.45a5edbdeded7d561561ceffc4ead96f.png

Lordy, effing, Lordy.

@AshtonRobin21great post and for me you’ve hit the nail on the head of the mess as a club we’re currently in. I think the positive is that Pearson clearly understands the situation and he seems to want to sort us out. It’s going to take time and as you say a bumpy ride , hopefully with us retaining our championship status.

@Davefevsnot sure who the guy is you’ve copied but like so many, you hear get rid of Pearson but none give a suggestion for a replacement!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Just an example for the "there are no options" brigade.

As there are no expectations on results NP could pick different players.

Plain and simple that's not a championship standard midfield pair so its not another option. Expectations or not Pearson has said he doesn't want to throw players in when they're not ready, so even if you gave Owers a go at this level Scott isn't the one to pair him with.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I wish that there was a condensed for the twitterati!!!

image.thumb.png.45a5edbdeded7d561561ceffc4ead96f.png

Lordy, effing, Lordy.

Come on, it’s no real surprise.

Nigel Pearson with his 500 league games worth of management, winning promotion to the Prem & The Championship can’t ever know as much about football as a self appointed expert who is on Radio Bristol every week with his variable facts & shifting theories on who he thinks could do a better job.

It’s simple apparently, “if he knew surely he’d have solved it by now” a veritable genius speaks.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

Plain and simple that's not a championship standard midfield pair so its not another option. Expectations or not Pearson has said he doesn't want to throw players in when they're not ready, so even if you gave Owers a go at this level Scott isn't the one to pair him with.

So he will pick the same players again and then produce the same post match interview again and repeat.

4 hours ago, frenchred said:

How about he takes a bit of blame himself. He continually picks the same side, same tactics and expects different results? He's deluded!

Still he can slam off all the reporters and everyone's happy!

We are where we are!

You pick the squad and you tell me how he is supposed to change it? The simple point is your not supposed to change the team week in week out just like Johnson did we need to start being consistent but certain players cant do that neither can they do the basics.. He's right they need to be blamed and shipped out either buck up there ideas and show some desire or p*ss off.

15 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Awkward.

It is truly amazing how many people on here do not think it is the managers job to motivate players.

Shocking actually.

A manager does need to motivate.  Not all players want to be motivated though.  Some may be waiting for the inevitable to happen, and can’t be arsed, e.g. contract running out…like last season, or the realisation they aren’t good enough to go on the journey.  Some will thrive on the threat of their time being up.

Is it a failure of the manager?

In some cases yes, in others no.  It’s being painted as black and white on here.  It ain’t.  It ain’t a one-size fits all either.

One player might be great for one manager, crap for another.

It appears that some players aren’t learning from their mistakes, it seems that some aren’t leaving it all out on the pitch.

Its a football club with many personalities and dynamics.  Shit happens.

Id rather Nige came out like he did today than come out and make all the excuses under the sun, we were unlucky etc.

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Nigel Pearson with his 500 league games worth of management, winning promotion to the Prem & The Championship can’t ever know as much about football as a self appointed expert who is on Radio Bristol every week with his variable facts & shifting theories on who he thinks could do a better job.

It’s simple apparently, “if he knew surely he’d have solved it by now” a veritable genius speaks.

For info, according to FBRef data, Reading are the team who concede the most crosses.

10 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Don't  forget the possession  stats that  mean f all

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A manager does need to motivate.  Not all players want to be motivated though.  Some may be waiting for the inevitable to happen, and can’t be arsed, e.g. contract running out…like last season, or the realisation they aren’t good enough to go on the journey.  Some will thrive on the threat of their time being up.

Is it a failure of the manager?

In some cases yes, in others no.  It’s being painted as black and white on here.  It ain’t.  It ain’t a one-size fits all either.

One player might be great for one manager, crap for another.

It appears that some players aren’t learning from their mistakes, it seems that some aren’t leaving it all out on the pitch.

Its a football club with many personalities and dynamics.  Shit happens.

Id rather Nige came out like he did today than come out and make all the excuses under the sun, we were unlucky etc.

For info, according to FBRef data, Reading are the team who concede the most crosses.

But you agree a Manager needs to be able to motivate unlike many on here who don't ?

1 minute ago, VT05763 said:

But you agree a Manager needs to be able to motivate unlike many on here who don't ?

But without knowing who needs what type of motivation how can you possibly say the players aren't motivated? I know we had this discussion earlier but it's a more general point. Players are putting it in but they are either misguided or lacking in the concentration levels required to play football at this level......that is a kind way of saying they aren't up to it.

4 hours ago, frenchred said:

How about he takes a bit of blame himself. He continually picks the same side, same tactics and expects different results? He's deluded!

Still he can slam off all the reporters and everyone's happy!

We are where we are!

Until he can get in "His" players I don't see that he has a lot of choice.

I understand the frustration but as you say "We are where we are"

1 hour ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Pearson only cleared out the players who were out of contract.

However, that doesn't account for the other players who remained contracted for this season. If no club makes an approach for them, then he cannot just choose to "get rid". 

Our financial situation hasn't allowed him to make his own mark on this squad yet. And the rebuild is still in the early phases. 

Please tell me which of our players are desirable to other clubs, other than our promising youngsters that we need to build around. 

Kalas? - nobody is touching his wages in the current climate. 

Bentley - A good keeper, but would cost in the region of £3m-£4m. Most teams won't pay that for keeper in this league. He wouldn't be a first choice for a Prem team. 

As seen in the January window, teams won't pay money for the likes of Palmer, Wells and Dasilva who are on big money. 

So your statement about Pearson having already had his clearout is nonsense. He merely scratched the surface with last summer's business. 

It will take another 12-18 months for the overpaid dross to be shipped out. And the process will not be pretty. Many who were once signed for big fees, will leave on free transfers or for a minor fee. 

And only when this happens, will we begin to see a genuine rebuild begin to take shape. 

Strap in, because we are only in the early stages of a very long process. 

If you cannot understand and appreciate a manager who is trying his best with the tools at his disposal, then you don't deserve to celebrate the success when it eventually comes our way. 

Spot on.

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

But without knowing who needs what type of motivation how can you possibly say the players aren't motivated? I know we had this discussion earlier but it's a more general point. Players are putting it in but they are either misguided or lacking in the concentration levels required to play football at this level......that is a kind way of saying they aren't up to it.

A Manager needs to be able to motivate his/her team (footballers or cubicle dwellers) it is a basic skill and need for that position.

There are some on here who do not accept/realise that.

I accept your points about individuals but as a rule and starting point.

2 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

You can motivate as much as you like - ask any Manager in Sales for example. But if the staff don't have the capacity (for any number of reasons) to engage with that motivation, then you are up against it. Of course, in the wider world of work, such staff can be removed relatively easily. 

I've been involved in workshops etc over the years, where very highly paid individuals have been charged with motivating a work force. I can guarantee that if those present aren't interested, then it doesn't matter what the reputation of the motivators is, it won't work. 

Furthermore, the most successful businesses (including football clubs) tend to attract the best staff. Such staff tend to be - by their very nature - highly self-motivated individuals.

So, as I believe Gordon Strachan once claimed, in a post-match interview on MOTD, "I told them what to do. But they didn't take any notice. I can't do it for them".

Or something like that, anyway.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

A Manager needs to be able to motivate his/her team (footballers or cubicle dwellers) it is a basic skill and need for that position.

There are some on here who do not accept/realise that.

I accept your points about individuals but as a rule and starting point.

How would you motivate Kalas? 

1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

B52AF04E-D1F6-4322-AF15-BA54859B1C8D.png

What do you mean by "motivation," exactly? Henry V style oratory? Mike Bassett type effin and blinding? Shouting from the touchline and waving his fist?

Or something more sophisticated than that?

And how would a player or manager know, rather than guess, that his magical motivational qualities made a difference  (as opposed to, say, how preparation had gone the week leading up to the game, the opposition missing a key player, a lucky bounce or deflection or a penalty decision going your way or not early in a game, the physio having a great week, the nutrition being spot on, a player not sleeping well, a dispute between players unresolved, all manner of things)

How could a manager's motivation be measured to demonstrate beyond doubt it's impact and value? 

• Like 1

Same old posters that just can't wait to stick the knife into Pearson when we lose, we all know who they are. I'll never understand why they have to jump on him when we lose a game. But that's OTIB for ya I guess! 

It blows my mind how anyone can think a different manager would be able to do better with the squad and attitudes we have. We're completely skint due to FFP, and have brought through more young players in such a short space of time than I can ever remember any other manager doing. 

We're playing decent counter-attacking football, which makes the game exciting! We're not great at the back, and it's definitely an area of improvement needed in the Summer, but our games are exciting with Semenyo, Massengo and Wiemann all playing well, something us as fans have been crying out for. 

Pearson is working his magic, but it's taking time, and we ARE seeing progress, for sure. 

I'm glad he was furious after the game, some of the defending was appalling. We've got one of the most experienced managers we've ever had, he knows what he's doing, but he's not a miracle worker. It'll take time. Have faith! 

He's using this season, I'd imagine, to assess who of the youngsters are good enough, and who aren't. So that we can build a team in the summer around them, once we've shipped out (hopefully) some of our biggest earners wasters. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1