IGNORED

FBC Podcast: Swansea [A]

headhunter

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

What I don’t get on OTIB is the number of posters who slag our players off as not good enough, but expect them to play much better than they actually rate them.  How does that work?

If you have the right grounds to sack them, you don’t pay up their contract.  Obviously have to find the right grounds.  Kicking a cat would be grounds to sack / dismiss.

Yeah I appreciate that but you can’t sack someone and not pay up their contract for a perceived lack of effort 

I see he was asked to pick his team….but couldn’t resist changing the agenda to transfers.

And then having had a go at Neil for “ifs” last week, he does the same, talks about “ifs”.

I have no probs with Ian’s team…but you should’ve told him to eff off when you gave yours.  No need to be rude is there?  I’m surprised that Vyner gets in his team though.

I agree @NcnsBcfc, back 4 seems to be abandoned in the thinking.

Ultimately with the injuries we have, we have imbalances in the squad, and I think until you see a couple come back, you are always gonna be picking a side with compromises…and hopefully papering over cracks.  There is no magic eleven nor system, least of all when there are inconsistent performances from all players, and at different times.

Id like to think that Joe Williams, having had 5 sub appearances on the trot is able to start with 6 days in between games.

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Yeah I appreciate that but you can’t sack someone and not pay up their contract for a perceived lack of effort 

Agreed.

Not as good as the last one from an audio perspective; would be good if people had their mobiles on silent, throughout this one someone’s kept vibrating which was off putting. 

Content wise though it was very good, I even had to rewind one moment as I found myself agreeing with Ian Gay regarding getting rid of players! Must be the first time that’s happened! 

Thanks for the episode @headhunter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just listened.

As usual Ian is just completely making stuff up “before joining us Joe Williams was booked 16 times & only played 30 games” he actually was booked 14 times & played 40.

So much contradictory nonsense from him, the stuff about “not trusting Pearson with money” because of his signings, so as that’s only Atkinson & Tanner, there was no comeback at all on this ridiculous comment.

Worth seeing if his prediction that “no one under contract leaves this summer” turns out to be true, as I posted yesterday the disparity in wages between the Bakinson’s & Moore’s of this world to Palmer & Wells suggests it’s utter nonsense & let’s be honest, it’s just a guess by him, anyway.

Hilarious too that to reduce Pearson’s win rate further they are now suggesting looking to exclude not only Boro but any game that Fleming was in the dugout if Pearson was ill. Who do they think picked that team? SL?

Neil good again but the sound was awful at times.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, One Team said:

Not as good as the last one from an audio perspective; would be good if people had their mobiles on silent, throughout this one someone’s kept vibrating which was off putting. 

Content wise though it was very good, I even had to rewind one moment as I found myself agreeing with Ian Gay regarding getting rid of players! Must be the first time that’s happened! 

Thanks for the episode @headhunter.

32 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Have stopped listening to it now, just can’t listen to it with Ian on there. If he isn’t on will listen to it but if he is you’ve lost me listening.

Just shows this is all about opinions.

Would someone enlighten me as to what you think Ian's agenda is please then I can chastise him accordingly.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Just listened.

As usual Ian is just completely making stuff up “before joining us Joe Williams was booked 16 times & only played 30 games” he actually was booked 14 times & played 40.

So much contradictory nonsense from him, the stuff about “not trusting Pearson with money” because of his signings, so as that’s only Atkinson & Tanner, there was no comeback at all on this ridiculous comment.

Worth seeing if his prediction that “no one under contract leaves this summer” turns out to be true, as I posted yesterday the disparity in wages between the Bakinson’s & Moore’s of this world to Palmer & Wells suggests it’s utter nonsense & let’s be honest, it’s just a guess by him, anyway.

Hilarious too that to reduce Pearson’s win rate further they are now suggesting looking to exclude not only Boro but any game that Fleming was in the dugout if Pearson was ill. Who do they think picked that team? SL?

Neil good again but the sound was awful at times.

Thanks @GrahamC.

The sound on podbeam just keeps dropping out all the time. A bit of a nightmare, when trying to do the podcast on my mobile.

Couldn't hear some of the questions/points made at times. But I think I blagged it ok ?

9 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Would someone enlighten me as to what you think Ian's agenda is please then I can chastise him accordingly.

Seriously? He’s been saying on social media that Pearson should be sacked since late October, so have a guess..

I’m not saying Pearson is perfect or hasn’t made mistakes but it is blindingly obvious he is looking to slag him off about everything & he’s never picked up on his confidently made numerous factual inaccuracies. He says they’re “facts”, when they are the total opposite.

Rather than “chastise” you often agree with him & then make points that are even more negative, (such as the win ratio nonsense) basically it’s like listening to Waldorf & Stadler.

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

Dave - Ian has wanted Pearson sacked for weeks / months, it was his opening gambit last Saturday.  He frames all his views to that agenda.  He goes over the same stuff every pod, he moves off the agenda to raise transfers yet again. It’s quite tiresome to hear him say the same thing every week.  If he toned his views down and framed them as opinions rather than facts, because they aren’t facts, his views woukd come across much better.  He does have decent points to make, but he comes across as so entitled.  I don’t know why that is.  I genuinely get the impression he is gutted when we win at the moment, because it means he can’t have a dig at Nige.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

When stating Pearson shouldn't be given any money due to his record so far in transfer dealings, Ian's first comment was," forget Klosse". No one asked why ? Is it because a good signing doesn't fit Ian's agenda ?

100%, plus as I said earlier the only signings for money were Atkinson & Tanner, yet he was never asked how they don’t represent value.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, headhunter said:

Just comes across as everything he says is fact when normally it’s wrong made up. Interrupts peoples opinions and won’t listen to other people. It’s so frustrating and as I said has put me off listening to it. It seems like he thinks he is some kind of football guru fountain of all knowledge. Just seems he has an agenda for always so negative towards NP.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Dave - Ian has wanted Pearson sacked for weeks / months, it was his opening gambit last Saturday.  He frames all his views to that agenda.  He goes over the same stuff every pod, he moves off the agenda to raise transfers yet again. It’s quite tiresome to hear him say the same thing every week.  If he toned his views down and framed them as opinions rather than facts, because they aren’t facts, his views woukd come across much better.  He does have decent points to make, but he comes across as so entitled.  I don’t know why that is.  I genuinely get the impression he is gutted when we win at the moment, because it means he can’t have a dig at Nige.

Been coming across like this since August, I actually don't mind Ian as he adds some form of knowledge, but is just very cantankerous. His anti Pearson tirades are boring and his constant boring obsession with having a tall squad is just funny