IGNORED

New Shirt Sponsor 22/23

Unan

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

One downside is I guess the kids shirts will start including the sponsor again, they looked great without one! But overall, really good news that the club have moved away from gambling sponsorship.

Shame that can’t continue.

Something a little more pure about kids shirts being free of advertising.

• Like 2

• Admin
1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

One downside is I guess the kids shirts will start including the sponsor again, they looked great without one! But overall, really good news that the club have moved away from gambling sponsorship.

10 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet, no decision has been announced yet on what will and won't be on the kids shirts

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Surely that depends what it is?

The women’s team have had Yeo Valley yoghurt on their’s, I’m not sure I’m too fussed about kids wearing shirts advertising that?

• Like 1

Just now, GrahamC said:

Surely that depends what it is?

The women’s team have had Yeo Valley yoghurt on their’s, I’m not sure I’m too fussed about kids wearing shirts advertising that?

It’s not a definite and it’s not a massive issue.

Ive just really enjoyed the kids shirts being sponsor free. Almost like a throwback of just a plain and simple red kit.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, TBW said:

But promoting alcohol is OK?

Not really, I would like to also see fast foods banned. Junk food industry needs to be pushed back a bit imo. You can say obesity is as bad as smoking which is banned from sponsorship.

But then if you keep banning stuff like that where do you draw the line?

2 hours ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Interesting as to how this shows on Bristol City's Profit and loss balance sheet with regard to sponsorship/finance.

I'm guessing that the greater amount of money from the deal will be accounted for by City; and then on a pro rata basis for the other teams?

Or does it go straight to Bristol Sport, and won't be in the separate Bristol City accounts?

@Mr Popodopolous might be better sighted on this?

Reading the article, I think this is more than just shirt sponsorship.

DD3EB5B5-5093-4EA9-9868-815FEFEE3EB6.jpeg.e44fea258d11f465ed081b4d0333a0af.jpeg

They are going to our principal partner, so we will see Huboo across more than just shirts, e.g. hoardings at AG too.

And the importance of that is that the revenue from this deal can be also apportioned to Ashton Gate too.

City make up 15-20% of Bristol City Holdings Commercial Revenues, Ashton Gate Ltd the other 80-85%.

So, expect the biggest slug of this to be falling to BCFC and AG, with a smaller percentage to Bears and less again to Flyers.  And that will help FFP.

• Like 1

Yep, anyone shopping at Screwfix at Lyde Green can’t have missed their presence and I did previously Google them to see who they were (and still don’t fully understand!!). A significant local employer and apparently good company to work for, for so two positives.

Bristol Sport supporting (or vice versa) a Bristol based company can’t be a bad thing and I’m another who thinks gambling sponsorship is tainted and will hopefully go the same way as cigarette advertising. If you personally know people who have a gambling addition, you will understand such a comment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

Why would you assume that. The new shirt design was signed off last October, so could well be.

The social media team has some nonsensical award to win. There would have been way more fanfare for the new shirt than just putting it in this announcement with no reference to it.