IGNORED

Storm Eunice (and Franklin)

Bristol Rob

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It's partly to do with the direction the storm come from. For example Scotland had a storm called "Malik" last month, but that was because it had hit Norway first and they named it from their list, but the next storm that hit GB or Ireland first (Dudley) went back to our list. 

I was in Florida in 1996 when they had hurricane Opal and it was only September, that was a particularly bad year for them. 

Is it just me, or have they got worse since they started naming them ?   #delusionsofgrandure  ?

54 minutes ago, JackofromSanJavier said:

Looking like it will blow a hoolie tomorrow.  Hopefully everyone stays safe and AG swerves damage.  My mates lad is flying down from Newcastle tomorrow in readiness to meet his old man and join the northerners in the Wedlock on Saturday.  Brown paper bag at the ready!

??

What time tomorrow? I can’t see him flying with a red zone alert.

45 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Anything that needs to be tied down (garden wise) will need doing unless you want to find it in another postcode area 

You’ve just given me an idea. I’m going to put all the rubbish I want to get rid of in the garden 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Is it just me, or have they got worse since they started naming them ?   #delusionsofgrandure  ?

There have been some bad ones in the past obviously but yes they do seem more consistently bad. I read somewhere that the Jet Stream across the Atlantic which brings the storms is at it's fastest since records began. I assume this is part of global warming? 

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

It's partly to do with the direction the storm come from. For example Scotland had a storm called "Malik" last month, but that was because it had hit Norway first and they named it from their list, but the next storm that hit GB or Ireland first (Dudley) went back to our list. 

I was in Florida in 1996 when they had hurricane Opal and it was only September, that was a particularly bad year for them. 

Aren't the names also 'reset' at the start of a season? So because we only really get storms and not hurricanes and tornados, we don't really get enough to trouble the end of the alphabet. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

There have been some bad ones in the past obviously but yes they do seem more consistently bad. I read somewhere that the Jet Stream across the Atlantic which brings the storms is at it's fastest since records began. I assume this is part of global warming? 

If it was a proper JET, it would be adopting the penalty approach of a slow walk up.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, grifty said:

Aren't the names also 'reset' at the start of a season? So because we only really get storms and not hurricanes and tornados, we don't really get enough to trouble the end of the alphabet. 

Each year is a new set of names, same with Hurricanes etc, the male and female names alternate each year. i.e. Hurricane Andrew one year Hurricane Agnes the following year.

Edited by Port Said Red
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Working down in Bridgwater tomorrow so not looking forward to the drive…

Foot to the floor doing 30mph as the wind is coming up the channel isn’t it? 

All trains over here in Wales cancelled, all schools shut the courts have now shut only those arrested tonight going in like during lockdown with very few in them. 

I’m going to stand in my street at 7am to face it and pop off to see the wizard or Oz. But more than likely end up some cows arse in the next field. 

Edited by RedorDead BCFC