IGNORED

Game off ?

Rocking Red Cyril

• Admin
37 minutes ago, BRIAN WILSON said:

IF the game goes ahead considering the awful weather, I really think the Boro Fans who have travelled will deserve a serious round of applause ?

The weather isn't going to be world ending, we've all travelled somewhere in wet and windy conditions. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

You enjoy a faggot?

Kids today haven't lived.

Tuesdays (in the days when certain meat products arrived only on specific days) cycling home from school my mission was to pick up the faggot ingredients from the excellent butchers in West Street. All random sorts of offal plus the caul in which to wrap them. Into the hand grinder at home, wrapped as parcels and steaming hot for supper hours later with mushy peas.

Chitterlings, of course, were Thursdays from the pork butcher in North Street.

You can stick your quorn where the sun don't shine.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, BTRFTG said:

Tuesdays (in the days when certain meat products arrived only on specific days) cycling home from school my mission was to pick up the faggot ingredients from the excellent butchers in West Street. All random sorts of offal plus the caul in which to wrap them. Into the hand grinder at home, wrapped as parcels and steaming hot for supper hours later with mushy peas.

Good post, my memories go back to my parents buying them from Devon Savouries in the late 70's along with a cheeky hot sausage roll to eat on the way home!

2 hours ago, Gazred said:

That's useful and much appreciated but that is one shit attempt at an arrow!

That’s not an arrow. It’s a very artistic representation of two swifts flying towards the van. I try to raise the standard on the forum occasionally but introducing a bit of abstract culture. Bristol, in general, has Banksy.  The forum has Pongo. 

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

That’s not an arrow. It’s a very artistic representation of two swifts flying towards the van. I try to raise the standard on the forum occasionally but introducing a bit of abstract culture. Bristol, in general, has Banksy.  The forum has Pongo. 

It's a very moving piece of art. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

I have no idea whether chitterlings are still served in the UK, but they are readily available over here, where they are known as andouillette (often with veal intestines, rather than pork), and served with mashed potato and a mustard Source.

Edited by PHILINFRANCE
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I have no idea whether chitterlings are still served in the UK, but they are readily available over here, where they are known as andouillette (often with veal intestines, rather than pork), and served with mashed potato and a mustard Source.

And very fine they are good Sir.

Best footy scran I've ever enjoyed is a toss-up between the offal brochette in Toulouse else the pissaladiere in Monaco.

3 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

A post about the possible postponement of a football match due to adverse weather, has now evolved in to an in depth discussion on faggots, chitterlings and childhood local butchers...

Only on OTIB.

Was just about to post the same!

Weather is fine here this morning by the way ;) 

4 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

A post about the possible postponement of a football match due to adverse weather, has now evolved in to an in depth discussion on faggots, chitterlings and childhood local butchers...

Only on OTIB.

True, but if local weather conditions were the sole interest, a quick glance at the weather forecast would suffice and the thread would not have reached a second page.

Black pudding is also very popular over here, served as a whole sausage with mashed potato and onion gravy.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Only on OTIB.

I haven’t had faggots for ages, I might have to go and buy some!

3 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Only on OTIB.

About to post exactly the same thought! 

And to add my bit to the faggot debate: my brother and I enjoyed them as kids and still like to reminisce. He married an American and has lived in the US for many years, Faggots are unknown to American cuisine so the word has only one meaning there and it’s pretty much equivalent to the N word. So the look of horror on my sister in laws face when me and my brother - and my Mum when she was alive - discuss them together is wonderful. 

• Like 1

Just now, Dollymarie said:

That was yesterday, today is fine. I can post a pic of the view out my window if you want?

No need. Glad to hear though that the storm/s have not impacted any one. My mum lives on her own and its always worrying when you live over the other side of the world

• Like 1