IGNORED

Home to Middlesbrough match day thread

Just now, old_eastender said:

Shame you can't just enjoy a great win, instead of picking on (bullying) other posters who sometimes have different views than you.

Ouch - sounds like someone’s touchy ?

Are you still frothing about all the players you’ve slagged off, performing one by one

The most negative grisly poster on here on every match thread - to a degree it’s embarrassing 

I wasn't at the game today or did not watch it so just caught up with the highlights on Sky Sports. Can anyone at the game tell me why both teams change their kits for a brief period in the second half? 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12546361/bristol-city-2-1-middlesbrough

The Sky Sports highlights are often shocking and seem to miss out goals on a regular basis.

Edited by Coppello
  • Haha 5
1 minute ago, Coppello said:

I wasn't at the game today or did not watch it so just caught up with the highlights on Sky Sports. Can anyone at the game tell me why both teams change their kits for a brief period in the second half? 

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/12546361/bristol-city-2-1-middlesbrough

The Sky Sports highlights are often shocking and seem to miss out goals on a regular basis.

And changed grounds ?

10 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Boro fans touch of class today to be fair to them. Worth a mention. Applauded throughout the AG8 celebrations and in the 8th minute too. Just thought they came across as a proper bunch in general and glad a few of ours were applauding on the way out.

I like Boro. 

And I’m not just saying that as we took 3 points off them… But they just come across as a club with no ego. They know what they are, very good fan base etc.

• Like 8
3 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I really enjoyed today. My Mum passed away on the 23rd of January, and today was my  first day back at the Gate. The introduction of the AG8 was emotional, and the 90 minutes that followed was the perfect tonic. 

I was telling my mates boys about the Fulham game in the pub pre match, when a bunch of kids played their hearts out for the club. 

Today was an echo of that, fittingly in front of the men that helped save the club. 

Sorry to hear that mate. Glad you enjoyed the day??

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Before Barnsley at home not sure many would predicted we’d currently be 2nd (last 4 games) and 4th (last 8 ) in the home form league table, but 19th and 22nd respectively for away form. Inconsistencies with current squad and a transition season showing up in whack-a-mole home/away form and attacking/defending balance.

Feel like we’re now in a position where we’re safe enough for NP to focus on playing those he believes have got long term futures, so someone like Sam Bell might get more game time. Really like that both him and Alex have taken on the challenge of being played out of position and done well, suspect NP will like what that says about both skill/potential and attitude. 

• Like 3

Excellent 3 points today. Boro had a lot of the ball and I thought we gave them too much space at times, but our defending was resolute. It was good to see Kalas driving forward with the ball and Bentley was superb. 

Semenyo was excellent - what an amazing goal and great strength when he set up Weimann (who worked his socks off again). Sam Bell had a good game. And when Pring came on I thought he did really well - he has a great turn of pace. 

It was nervy after their late goal but it’s so good to see the improvement in our home form and a very welcome win. 

2 hours ago, glynriley said:

I really enjoyed today. My Mum passed away on the 23rd of January, and today was my  first day back at the Gate. The introduction of the AG8 was emotional, and the 90 minutes that followed was the perfect tonic. 

I was telling my mates boys about the Fulham game in the pub pre match, when a bunch of kids played their hearts out for the club. 

Today was an echo of that, fittingly in front of the men that helped save the club. 

So sorry to hear of your loss mate. Condolences to you and the family.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Me & my sons first game back today since the pandemic, to see him so excited when I told him we were going back to the Gate this morning was brilliant. Then to share that moment with him before the kick off for the Ashton Gate 8 was priceless, I don’t mind saying it brought a lump to my throat. The club have taken some stick previously for this sort of thing, but they did well today. Then to top it off City bring home 3 points! Great day, great to be back. Thought throughout the game there were some really good signs, sometimes lacked a bit of composure & nouse, especially in the last 5 minutes. But non the less, a good result.  COYR 

• Like 3
On 19/02/2022 at 11:31, MarcusX said:

Or lovely one touch passing… ?

In the cold light of Monday I have rewatched the goal a few times now. I was flippant. There is far more intention in the passing, and far less involvement of the hips, knees, or thighs of the players, than I initially realised. It's really quite a classy little goal.

On 19/02/2022 at 18:57, Lew-T said:

I like Boro. 

And I’m not just saying that as we took 3 points off them… But they just come across as a club with no ego. They know what they are, very good fan base etc.

I like 'Boro now but, when they were at Ayresome Park, it was a fiersome place to go, back in the day, absolutely nuts.

That said, a fine club and supporters. ?

Edited by Ska Junkie

Watched the highlights back- lovely build up for the Semenyo goal in particular and that one too where Semenyo had the little flick chance where Massengo put in a low/medium range cross.

Do we think or am I being a bit fussy, Bentley impeded a little for their goal? Watched it back a couple of times and can't make up my mind but then in recent years refs have been shit hot on any contact at corners etc.