IGNORED

Antoine

GrahamC

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

With AS having a reputation of being a humble and modest guy I’m hoping that he’ll have a sense of loyalty to the club that gave him his chance in professional football and resist the temptation of the attraction of the PL.

Theres absolutely no doubt in my mind that where he’s heading but hopefully not this summer

He’s a London lad though. I can see Fulham(if they go up!) or Palace coming in for him.

If that’s the case, he won’t be here sadly.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

He’s a London lad though. I can see Fulham(if they go up!) or Palace coming in for him.

If Fulham spend more on there attack than there defence then they will be coming straight back down.

He would fit Palace quite nicely unfortunately.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

Yes I was going to say money and the Prem not unsurprisingly quickly squashes any loyalty thoughts

And who could blame him

And in fairness to him I get the impression that it would be desire to play at highest level would be his own major attraction , moreso than the financial rewards

I don’t think he’d quickly want to jump ship to a upper Championship Club but I’d be surprised if a Prem Club don’t take him (He looks more like a Sheff Weds Michael Antonio every day)

He’s still got raw parts to his game and another year at this level would do him no harm at all and may he absolutely the way to go for his long term career

Our best hope maybe to have him back here next season on loan as part of a sale / agreement 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Be interesting to see what Nige can do with a £20m.

I can't see us keeping him.

I agree it’s going to be hard. However my personal opinion is someone has to go (due to needing the money) and of the three obvious players that are worth real money I would bet Massengo is the most likely. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

The numbers he’s posting are obscene. Another goal and assist today, 14 goal involvements in a season he missed the first 2 months of. Special talent. Semenyo, Scott, Massengo, Pring. Who saw these 4 coming? 

I believe that Scott may end up being the best of the 4 as well ?

Defences at championship level just can’t handle him. Pace, power and pretty unpredictable as to what he is going to do next.  Brilliant at driving into the box and beating players , and equally able to create space outside and get shots off.  What a goal that was today, top class.  Middlesbrough have been pretty solid since Wilder arrived, but he had their their back 4 terrified. 

If we have genuine  prem ambitions, we have to be looking to hold on to him for at least another year. Get the defence sorted, keep developing Scott and Massengo in the middle, and with Weimann and AS up front there’s no reason why we can’t be challenging for top six.  

1 hour ago, YGBjammy said:

Is there any chance we keep him in the summer?

Maybe, because he will only have played half a season due to injuries last year. It might, if we’re lucky, mean the bids are a bit low. If we can keep him, and he has a full season like this one,  the next year bids could be astronomical (by City standards) 

5 minutes ago, Dredd said:

The only way Nige gets £20m to spend is if we sell Scott as well. A majority of the will go into the coffers unfortunately to help balance the books 

I was thinking that HNM would be off as well, plus £30m for Semenyo would mean NP getting £20m ish to spend.

Why is everyone on here obsessed with him going?  I am aware that he is a special talent, but as soon as we unearth a quality player, all anyone want to talk about is how much he will fetch?  I can see him staying next season, and then possibly/probably leaving?  He seems a really level headed and modest guy, who I cannot see having his head turned by the promises of the riches available, and I think he will leave when he feels the time is right?    Can we enjoy his talent while he is here, rather than constantly attaching a price tag to his shirt?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Why is everyone on here obsessed with him going?  I am aware that he is a special talent, but as soon as we unearth a quality player, all anyone want to talk about is how much he will fetch?  I can see him staying next season, and then possibly/probably leaving?  He seems a really level headed and modest guy, who I cannot see having his head turned by the promises of the riches available, and I think he will leave when he feels the time is right?    Can we enjoy his talent while he is here, rather than constantly attaching a price tag to his shirt?

I think the only way he stays is if he signs an extension. Another season and then he has 12m left on his deal and we have to sell, probably at a lower fee. We are in a good negotiating position this summer

1 minute ago, Dredd said:

I think the only way he stays is if he signs an extension. Another season and then he has 12m left on his deal and we have to sell, probably at a lower fee. We are in a good negotiating position this summer

Hopefully he’ll sign a new deal with a release clause that works for both parties. Not sure he’ll have done enough this season to convince the bigger clubs and maybe (maybe not), he’ll feel a full season smashing it in the Championship will be best for him. A great 2022/23 and think we’d get some proper bids summer 2023 even if only a year left. Think with real talent it’s going to be less about a bargain basement price via out of contract and more about beating your rivals to a top prospect. And if he leads us on a promotion charge, he might stay and help us push on to European glory…

After his initial assist i though his game was somwhat nullified by the ref. Everyime he got the ball he seemed to be penalized for foul play! The ref was a Keith Stroud clone! But the way he took his goal was superb and is certainly comparable to the ones at Fulham. What a talent! When he scored that goal last year against millwall in the cup. He reminded me of Lukaku! 

just saying?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, johnbytheriver said:

After his initial assist i though his game was somwhat nullified by the ref. Everyime he got the ball he seemed to be penalized for foul play! The ref was a Keith Stroud clone! But the way he took his goal was superb and is certainly comparable to the ones at Fulham. What a talent! When he scored that goal last year against millwall in the cup. He reminded me of Lukaku! 

just saying?

NP said he wasn’t doing very well and was going to be subbed, then he scored

2 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

The numbers he’s posting are obscene. Another goal and assist today, 14 goal involvements in a season he missed the first 2 months of. Special talent. Semenyo, Scott, Massengo, Pring. Who saw these 4 coming? 

The Independent Fans Scouting Group did on CP Gav. Watched him 3 times for CTFC development, Thursday nights up at Bishops Cleeve. Saw enough to alert BT & the rest is history.

Late developer due to injuries but their’s so much more to come from Cam. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

• Admin

Any time you hear Antoine talk about Nige you can see he appreciates the impact Nige is having on his development. My straw grasp is that Antoine sees staying here for a full season under Nige in 22/23 with the 2 or 3 additions we will be able to afford as being better for his career at this stage than coming off the bench in the Prem. He's one Ollie Watkins season away from having a safe Prem Team sign him as their starting striker imo.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Extraordinary how we were so dull to watch first half the season, yet we’re now 8th top scorers. AS is the reason, and not just his goals; he pulls people out of position and creates stuff for others. Enjoy him while we can - I suspect he’s going to single handedly stop us getting points deducted next year.

I make it 5th top scorers ?

2 hours ago, Big C said:

I believe that Scott may end up being the best of the 4 as well ?

Worth watching his two touches for the Antoine’s goal.

A little flick over the lunging midfielder’s leg, followed by a deft flick with the outside of his right foot on the half volley to Antoine.

2 hours ago, Dredd said:

And he’s in talks.  I think he signs, just as Massengo Will too.

Re Massengo, watch him around the Training Ground on the Robins uncut videos.  Always seemed a bit of a loner last season, now he’s one of the boys with Alex, Tommy, etc.

With the likes of Williams, Weimann etc around them with have the makings of a good squad with the right additions, and just as importantly the right players gone.

• Like 13

Antoine’s development over the last three months is extraordinary, it really is. But any talk of £30m is fanciful for someone who’s not had a whole season at this level and has six goals to his name this term. That’s not to slight him at all, his career’s only going one way. I hope he signs a new deal and stays with us for another two seasons.

• Like 3