IGNORED

Defending today

Super

Klose genuinely seems to love it here.

It must have been odd training with an U21 team for half a season without a contract, so maybe that is why he is so happy or maybe he is the sort who just loves to play football.

Needs to stay fit, if he does then another contract is a no brainer.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Quality from our defence and goalie. But still need to improve a lot defensively as a team. We really relied on Bentley making some great saves.

The interviews from Pearson and Bentley seem to agree with that. 3 points is all I want but you have to realise what needs improving for the next game to then give ourselves a good chance of winning another 3 points.

“Still need to improve a lot defensively as a team” sums it up perfectly. Boro had over 60% possession, with most of it in or around the City penalty area. Depending on last ditch interceptions, tackles and saves won’t work long term. I’m sure Nigel knows this and there will be some strengthening in midfield during the summer 

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

“Still need to improve a lot defensively as a team” sums it up perfectly. Boro had over 60% possession, with most of it in or around the City penalty area. Depending on last ditch interceptions, tackles and saves won’t work long term. I’m sure Nigel knows this and there will be some strengthening in midfield during the summer 

Full back area as well.

Sam Bell gave it a good go but no one expects him to be the answer there.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Klose genuinely seems to love it here.

It must have been odd training with an U21 team for half a season without a contract, so maybe that is why he is so happy or maybe he is the sort who just loves to play football.

Needs to stay fit, if he does then another contract is a no brainer.

I work with a Norwich fan, nothing but complimentary about as he called him, The Legend Klose, really hope we can get him signed up for longer 

• Like 1

Joe Williams is a class act, can do it all. He was great as a shield for the defence, but also as an outlet, taking the ball and keeping it moving , simply. 

But the big thing for me?

Klose , what a difference and exactly what we have needed for about 2 years. I like Kalas, but Klose has so much more about him. He is 2 footed, plays out, wins headers and most of all is the talkative and encouraging influence we have lacked. He is always encouraging, congratulating or guiding the other players. Great today.

That set up seemed to suit us down to the ground.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

Klose is influential

Near the end after Massengo didn't take the ball into the corner, Weimann and Pearson were both absolutely laying into him. Klose jogged forward, arm around his shoulder, and chatted in his ear for a few seconds in a really considerate manner. Thought it was a great little moment.

From the interview after that first game he played I thought he showed what an excellent attitude he had.

• Like 10
  • Robin 1

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Near the end after Massengo didn't take the ball into the corner, Weimann and Pearson were both absolutely laying into him. Klose jogged forward, arm around his shoulder, and chatted in his ear for a few seconds in a really considerate manner. Thought it was a great little moment.

From the interview after that first game he played I thought he showed what an excellent attitude he had.

If he is here next season he should be captain.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

I thought Nige was having a coronary when Han did that. I think Han, after showing a few tricks to lose his man in the box, thought now is the time to break my duck. Imagine if it had gone on the top corner. 

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If he is here next season he should be captain.

Definitely. A real leader and great communicator.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ralphindevon said:

I thought Nige was having a coronary when Han did that. I think Han, after showing a few tricks to lose his man in the box, thought now is the time to break my duck. Imagine if it had gone on the top corner. 

Imagine if they’d equalised because we had too many men up.

Absolutely brainless play, take the ball wide or win a throw, FFS, surrendering possession like that just after they had pulled a goal back was crackers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Shame about the goal, but I hope he usually heads that away no problem. For Gillingham he was very dominant in the box.

I initially thought that too. From my angle it looked like Cundy just didn’t get above his man. 
But having seen it again, the scorer has a free run from the edge, and it seems that Kalas is the man attacking the ball and he completely misjudged it and it went over him. I don’t think Cundy could really do much about it to be honest. 

One thing I did notice from Cundy was his organisation. In the few minutes he was on, he was barking orders all over the place. Shouting at the midfield to drop and cover, even instructing Martin where he needed to be for the corner. Hopefully he’s a vocal asset as well as a solid defender. 

18 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Aah. You were obviously watching Nige then. I saw Klose being the main one who was absolutely bollocking HNM (and rightly so), before he then thought ‘bugger, I might’ve upset him’ and he then went to put his arm around him. 
Got no problem with either, but Klose was initially the main ‘lambaster’. 

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Harry said:

Aah. You were obviously watching Nige then. I saw Klose being the main one who was absolutely bollocking HNM (and rightly so), before he then thought ‘bugger, I might’ve upset him’ and he then went to put his arm around him. 

Hah that's interesting - yeah I sit in the Lansdown and often like to check Pearson's reaction to those moments as he's pretty funny sometimes. Had no idea Klose was part of it too! Thought it was a bit of good cop / bad cop going on.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Absolutely brainless play, take the ball wide or win a throw, FFS, surrendering possession like that just after they had pulled a goal back was crackers.

Yes, I think the whole crowd and Han himself realised that. A brainless moment for sure.

But it wouldn’t have stopped the crowd going as mad as an Ashton Gate crowd has for a few years if he’d scored. Hopefully he and others have learned from it. 

9 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Hah that's interesting - yeah I sit in the Lansdown and often like to check Pearson's reaction to those moments as he's pretty funny sometimes. Had no idea Klose was part of it too! Thought it was a bit of good cop / bad cop going on.

Yeah, I was in the Lansdown today and will be on Tuesday. From there I had a great view off Nige shouting waving his arms about and pointing at various players. Too far away to hear what he was saying but Martin was on the end of one lot of instructions at one point.

First time in ages that I’ve been in there - a very different experience from the Dolman - I could actually hear the the signing section……..……:shocking:

Thinking of moving there next season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Yeah, I was in the Lansdown today and will be on Tuesday. From there I had a great view off Nige shouting waving his arms about and pointing at various players. Too far away to hear what he was saying but Martin was on the end of one lot of instructions at one point.

First time in ages that I’ve been in there - a very different experience from the Dolman - I could actually hear the the signing section……..……:shocking:

Thinking of moving there next season.

You know the question that’s on everyone’s lips now?

Could you hear the tannoy??

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Yeah, definitely a good cop/bad cop situation, but both cops were played by Klose in a matter of seconds ?

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

We had that with Pring and now with Massengo, they are both young players and it will happen - once.

Thats Massengo's mistake out of the way, I'm pretty sure he won't do it again.

54 minutes ago, Harry said:

I initially thought that too. From my angle it looked like Cundy just didn’t get above his man. 
But having seen it again, the scorer has a free run from the edge, and it seems that Kalas is the man attacking the ball and he completely misjudged it and it went over him. I don’t think Cundy could really do much about it to be honest. 

One thing I did notice from Cundy was his organisation. In the few minutes he was on, he was barking orders all over the place. Shouting at the midfield to drop and cover, even instructing Martin where he needed to be for the corner. Hopefully he’s a vocal asset as well as a solid defender. 

There was one bit late on when left one on one (might’ve been Whatmore) and the Boro player cut in on his right foot.  I thought he had quick feet to at least put pressure on the shot, even if he didn’t get the block.  I wondered if he might look “cumbersome” at this level, but early signs looks like that’s not the case.

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

His backpass in the first half was just as bad

• Like 1