IGNORED

Defending today

Super

We defended well as a team today against a very good side and looked organised but even so Bentley had to make 3 top class saves and the Williams tackle just before HT was crucial. Conceded from a set piece yet again. So still lots to do. Klose and Kalas improve as a pair each game.

Enjoyed the game and the performance though.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

I'm glad to see that, as I think Cundy could make it with us. If it had been one mistake then that would make it tougher for him to get a start and I really want him to get a chance to prove himself with his contract running down. He has the potential to make it at this level imo.

Actually Jon, just watched it on bigger screen (was on phone before).  Kalas loses Crooks then gets completely under the ball. 
Cundy jumps at the same time as Crooks, but Crooks has a ‘running’ jump and is already 2 inches taller than Cundy anyway, so literally nothing Cundy could do with that, against one of the best aerial threats in the division, left unmarked and unblocked for a free run. 

7 hours ago, billywedlock said:

If Max had been in goal everyone would be saying why did he not come to claim the ball, it was after all about a metre from the goal line ! Yet not a comment . Neither Max or Bents are good at dominating those areas.. Both need to improve.

Between Cundy and Kalas they should have made it harder , it was a pretty routine type of corner to deal with and we had 3 CB's on the pitch, 2 in the vicinity of the scorer. 

In fairness yesterday the wind was causing a real problem with crosses. 

48 minutes ago, Henry said:

He actually did, which is even more bizarre. Semenyo only had to look at a player and he conceded a foul.

True. Semenyo literally placed his hands on one of theirs as a means of balancing himself and the ref blew up. Semenyo literally couldn’t do a thing right where the ref was concerned. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

And the delivery was decent most of the time too.

First half especially, we defended some of Tavernier’s corners for our lives. Martin and Bentley intervening.

Second half they failed to miss the first man quite a few times from the Dolman side….until the 90th minute.

16 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Imagine if they’d equalised because we had too many men up.

Absolutely brainless play, take the ball wide or win a throw, FFS, surrendering possession like that just after they had pulled a goal back was crackers.

Agreed, this is Han, inexperience shows in his game at time.. A few times today he turned the wrong way.

5 hours ago, Bodiesaffer said:

Agreed, this is Han, inexperience shows in his game at time.. A few times today he turned the wrong way.

I don’t think experience or inexperience comes into it. 
We’ve seen youngsters do it over the years as well as older players. 
It’s not an experience thing. It’s just a poor decision making thing. 

8 hours ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

From where I was sat it looked like HNM tried to drive the ball against the defender to win a corner

No , he tried to take him on , it was tight in front of me . Everyone shouting take it to the corner Han ffs ?. Huge relief they didn’t score on the break. He won’t do it again though