IGNORED

Kids on the pitch

ohhhshauntaylor

People running on the pitch is all over social media, it's become so regular and the replies are always just about how the players are great for taking a picture or giving a shirt and dicks when they don't. 

The more people encourage it the more it'll happen and every kid will feel entitled to do it. 

Edited by TBW
  • Like 1

This is a catch 22 situation. Of course we want to see our players in touch with the fans, especially the young ones! (Can you imagine being one of those young fans today to get on the pitch and have a close up with one of your heroes?) But ultimately those players need to looked after and parents needs to be responsible and setting an example to encourage their children to stay off the pitch. As heartwarming as it was, the last thing the club needs is more fines for pitch encroachment. Yes I am a delight at parties, thanks for asking! Overall pleased for the young lads that made it. In the long term I hope this doesn't become a regular occurrence. On a side note... thought we actually played reasonably well today. Rode our luck at times but also made the most of our opportunities. Foundations have been laid and I see progress under the current regime. Many thanks.

4 hours ago, Harry said:

But did you purposely set out that day, packing a pre written sign pleading for the shirt. Or was this just a beautiful goodwill gesture by the players? 

Martin Paterson walked over and said to Joe “you might as well have it, I’ve been shit in it!”.

Waggy I asked him, as he was always coming over to the Wheelchair area during the season, mainly to chat with Oskar, but it was the last game of the season. Joe got his home shirt, Oskar got his away shirt.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

No, not Bell/Scott/HNM

The post game clap saw 1, then 2, then countless kids run on- seems like a common theme now, and need to be stopped, IMO 

Well why don't a few like minded meanies patrol the pitch with canes. And beat the urchins who dare run on the pitch.

Edited by Ciderhead433
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Looks like he did bag himself a shirt in the end... 

Like I said. But where does the line get drawn. Not every kid who runs on the pitch gets rewarded, or do they? I've seen matches when kids have ran on before the end or during a break in play.

It used to be only shirts were given at the last game of the season, and to kids who had built up a relationship with a player by waiting after games week after week for a chat no matter the result. 

I understand players not wanting bad press turning away kids so it should be the club putting out some sort of statement saying no shirts will be given out on the pitch.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, big dosser said:

lets the kids enjoy it you miserable lot? ,we was all young once.if a kid wants the shirt of his hero and got the guts to go and get it,i say fair play to him or her.i was to bloody shy to ask for a autograph let alone swipe a shirt of a players back.?

No. You're wrong. Stay off the ******* pitch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, harrys said:

Don’t see a problem as long as it’s only young ‘uns, miserable bunch on here

You're wrong too. Would it be fine if 100 of them all ran on? Got to set a standard and if the standard is it's fine for one then it's fine for all of them.

Then after that, they start to realise they're "one of many" so it's better to run on while the game is going on instead. Becomes a farce.

Stamp it out before it's a problem.

Edited by TBW
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, big dosser said:

lets the kids enjoy it you miserable lot? ,we was all young once.if a kid wants the shirt of his hero and got the guts to go and get it,i say fair play to him or her.i was to bloody shy to ask for a autograph let alone swipe a shirt of a players back.?

Yes it’s miserable, but a) it’s illegal and b) what happens next week when 20 of them do it?

I’m like you, never had the nerve, but kids nowadays, eh?! ?

• Like 1

We might sound miserable and we probably are but we've all sat through years of City being dross as kids, bordering on child abuse, and would we have run on the pitch to get a player's shirt if we thought it was okay? Well maybe not for Tony Dinning but generally yes. But the point is we didn't, because sadly we can't just do what we like. Unless we work in Downing Street.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, harrys said:

Don’t see a problem as long as it’s only young ‘uns, miserable bunch on here

Where do you draw the line though on “young uns” 7 years old, 10, 13 ?

Imagine the grief the club will get if one of these kids was to get injured ?

Edited by The Gasbuster