IGNORED

Tuesdays team

Rocking Red Cyril

16 minutes ago, TomF said:

Weimann definitely picked up a bit of a knock just before half time and was struggling a bit second half.   Possibly Pring may come in, Bell looked knackered after 60 mins 

I saw Weimann struggling at one point, but he seemed to finish the game strongly, still running. Probably jogged home, then took the dog out for a run. NP seems to reward good performances so he may well select Bell again if it isn't too soon for him.

It may be too much to expect  90 minutes from Williams on Tuesday, maybe the last 30 minutes or so.

Whatever, I'd like to see Pring retained on the left.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

If Williams cant play two on the bounce, would swap in Vyner into his role. 

Hopefully Weimann's knock is just game wear and tear, if not, then maybe add Benarous in the middle and push Massengo forward as he's got the engine for it. 

Definitely would not trust Vyner in that position

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Big C said:

Williams may need to be rested. Don't want to overuse him at the moment

Yes, Nige said that post-match to Bristol Post reporter.

Can see Cundy coming in for Williams and back to the more “conventional” 3412.  As well as Pring did in the last 25, I don’t see the WBs being changed.  Possible Wells for Martin to freshen up the eleven.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, Nige said that post-match to Bristol Post reporter.

Can see Cundy coming in for Williams and back to the more “conventional” 3412.  As well as Pring did in the last 25, I don’t see the WBs being changed.  Possible Wells for Martin to freshen up the eleven.

Cundy is possible, depends if NP thinks Vyner could do that job, not sure Zack is a trusted member right now. 
DaSilva was good, so don't see that change.
Wells ? After all the games this season that is the last change I see. He's played through poor form, through looking knackered , he's never going to change that now, surely.

38 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Hopefully Weimann's knock is just game wear and tear, if not, then maybe add Benarous in the middle and push Massengo forward as he's got the engine for it. 

30 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

TBF Vyner did a great job during a short run. His form seemed to dip when he was moved yet again, just seemed to lose his way.

I wonder if we start with Williams , then change at HT. Not sure which is the best bet, he was forced on through injury before and had to play 75 minutes or so. I guess Pring could play that role, but with so few options it's all a risk. 
I would think Bell should be ok to start, even if he did tire Saturday. We just don't have the options to change too much. So I'm guessing, injuries and reports allowing, same starting side. Williams off at 45/60. 

1 hour ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Vyner?......assume you want to throw the game?

Edited by MelksRed
  • Haha 2

Given NP’s comments about Pring, wouldn’t be surprised if he comes back in for Bell and then Bell maybe has 20 in him, ie the reverse of yesterday. Williams is more problematic, if he starts will he last, not sure he’s got it in him not to do a lot of running, feels instinctive for him. Given we’re unlikely to get to 6-0, taking him off won’t feel super comfortable, but I’d rather lose than set back his recovery. Part of me thinks that Martin would be the best person to do 30 mins in the centre of defence, but realise that’s a gamble that Nige is unlikely to take even if we are 6-0 up. On paper Zak should be the better option for the role Joe played yesterday, but if he’s struggling with confidence, Cundy or, given Coventry aren’t all about big strikers kicking people, maybe Idehen gets a go and Klose moves to the middle when Joe goes off/before he comes on? 

Hopefully Pring for DaSilva who was caught atleast twice by Jones totally out of position with a free run into the box and again in the 2nd on the other side. If that was Vyner there would have been 3 pages of moaning, we were just lucky they did not score from it. Not saying he was all bad, as done some good stuff but defensive just not good enough.

My Team for Tuesday:

Bentley, Kalas, Klose, Dasilva, Massengo, Williams, Scott, Pring, Weimann, Martin, Semenyo.

1 Change Sam Bell out for Cameron Pring.

Sam Bell didn't do to much wrong against Middlesbrough but I wouldn't play him as we need to be able to rotate him and Dasilva and then when George Tanner comes back he will have to earn the rights to start. Rotation is key. Other than that I wouldn't change to much around I felt Pring did well when he came on so he deserves a start for me. I wouldn't mind Cundy being given a start as I think he is good in the air which is good to have in the defence.

7 hours ago, P'head Red said:

Would not trust him in any position; At CB he plays quite well most of the time, but then switches off and lets a forward get goal side of him, done this consistently and cost us again and again. At RB he too often fails to stop opp. wide players getting crosses in. In CM his passing accuracy lets him down.