IGNORED

Why aren't away tickets posted out anymore?

Second City Red

We have tickets for Nottingham Forest on Saturday.  I live in Birmingham (the username rather gives that away, doesn't it?). My sons live in London. I usually only now visit my home town for the Orchard Inn and a City match. I go to all of the Midlands matches, and previously, tickets to these games have been bought and posted. It seems that now this option is no longer available. So, unless I want to spend a long while in a queue at the City ground on Saturday, my only option is to drive the two hundred odd miles to Bristol to collect. 

Why can't the club post out tickets any more? We surely can't be that short of cash?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Second City Red said:

We have tickets for Nottingham Forest on Saturday.  I live in Birmingham (the username rather gives that away, doesn't it?). My sons live in London. I usually only now visit my home town for the Orchard Inn and a City match. I go to all of the Midlands matches, and previously, tickets to these games have been bought and posted. It seems that now this option is no longer available. So, unless I want to spend a long while in a queue at the City ground on Saturday, my only option is to drive the two hundred odd miles to Bristol to collect. 

Why can't the club post out tickets any more? We surely can't be that short of cash?

I always get my away tickets delivered costs about £1 to get them sent out, maybe you are missing the option? 

51 minutes ago, Second City Red said:

I ready on Twitter Jerry the SLO saying there is still issues with Royal Mail. I've got the same issue not living in Bristol and going Saturday but he has said we can collect them at the game

Thanks for your responses. I've previously had tickets posted, Birmingham, Coventry (wish in hindsight those had been "lost in the post!) etc but Supporter Services today (and last week) said "no posting". I've seen the queues for tickets at away games so don't fancy that- I'd rather be in the pub! Happy to pay any postage costs- cheaper than petrol to Bristol and back.

5 hours ago, Second City Red said:

I'm with you on this. When City came to P'boro' they sent me an email to take to the Posh ticket office on the day and there was my ticket. I'd happily pay £1 extra for postage.

12 hours ago, 22A said:

I'm with you on this. When City came to P'boro' they sent me an email to take to the Posh ticket office on the day and there was my ticket. I'd happily pay £1 extra for postage.

Posh was the first time I gad to collect a ticket at the ground, but I have to say it wasn't an issue, no massive queue 

23 hours ago, Second City Red said:

So, unless I want to spend a long while in a queue at the City ground on Saturday.

I have collected away match tickets at games for as long as I can remember and not had a problem once. There's never much of a queue.

Worst I can remember was Man City away in the League Cup, and even then we were all still inside before kick off.

I believe you can collect from the ticket office near the Atyeo statue on match days. Otherwise it's from the club shop on non match days. When you purchase a ticket it should indicate a period when you can collect, after that the tickets get taken on the official coaches and given to the away ground's ticket office. Occasionally they are given out on the coach.

There has been a problem with some bank cards for a few weeks now, certainly Lloyds. This is a Bristol Sport problem I believe, so try a different bank card if you have one.

There has been huge problems with Royal Mail (?) losing batches of tickets, causing a lot of extra work for both us and the away club (Swansea) having to cancel and reissue tickets, that's why for the moment they aren't posting them out right now

On 21/02/2022 at 19:33, 22A said:

They sent me my Posh ticket by post!

On 22/02/2022 at 19:33, RedM said:

I believe you can collect from the ticket office near the Atyeo statue on match days. Otherwise it's from the club shop on non match days. When you purchase a ticket it should indicate a period when you can collect, after that the tickets get taken on the official coaches and given to the away ground's ticket office. Occasionally they are given out on the coach.

There has been a problem with some bank cards for a few weeks now, certainly Lloyds. This is a Bristol Sport problem I believe, so try a different bank card if you have one.

There has been huge problems with Royal Mail (?) losing batches of tickets, causing a lot of extra work for both us and the away club (Swansea) having to cancel and reissue tickets, that's why for the moment they aren't posting them out right now

Regarding Royal Mail losing batches of tickets this is completely false.

The only issues for RM in the BS postcodes during peak( December) were delays on delivery in Bs3/13 Bs4/14. These were 3/4 day delays. 

Just now, Spoons said:

Regarding Royal Mail losing batches of tickets this is completely false.

The only issues for RM in the BS postcodes during peak( December) were delays on delivery in Bs3/13 Bs4/14. These were 3/4 day delays. 

It’s not actually.

The tickets were collected by a mail company from AG. They were unaccounted for since entering the Royal Mail system. It was all the Swansea tickets in this one batch.

I am not referring to general delays in December that you are quoting.

1 hour ago, boadle said:

Was anything announced? I live in Nottingham, and would like to know if I can POTD. Can't find anything either way on our site or theirs.

Nothing has been announced yet. There is no news from Forest, nobody knows.

I know this isn’t helpful to you, just wanted to reassure you that you have not missed any news.

20 minutes ago, RedM said:

It’s not actually.

The tickets were collected by a mail company from AG. They were unaccounted for since entering the Royal Mail system. It was all the Swansea tickets in this one batch.

I am not referring to general delays in December that you are quoting.

Completely incorrect, that fault lies with the third party not Royal Mail.