IGNORED

Coventry City at home match day thread

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Broadly as written on the teamsheet. And can I just repeat how glad I am that we name our team in position order again. I hated those days under LJ when it came out in squad number order.

Just been advised it’s same as Saturday but HNM playing in the front sweeper role. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Broadly as written on the teamsheet. And can I just repeat how glad I am that we name our team in position order again. I hated those days under LJ when it came out in squad number order.

Yes, and for once the BBC have it about right. (Some of their guesses at our formation have been startlingly inaccurate. I half expect them to have Massengo in goal and Dasilva at centre forward.)  

Back four. Diamond with HNM at the base, AW the apex and Scott & Benarous right and left, respectively. Antoine and Martin up top.

Should be fun... 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1
9 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Bakinson is 23, but that is a very young central midfield that got overrun.

One of the worst games of the season, lets hope it goes better tonight.

Ok, sure if Scott is playing centrally and we're in more of a 433 tonight rather than 352 that night then yes this is the youngest midfield. My point was that all three of Massengo, Benarous and Scott stated that night - and remember, all three were, at the time, 4 months younger than they are now! Additions tonight of Semenyo and Bell possibly take the starting average lower...although Klose might jack it up a little? It's young though.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Just been advised it’s same as Saturday but HNM playing in the front sweeper role. 

I do enjoy a front sweeper. Of course I would prefer a metodista - although Kalas showed flashes of that kind of role on Saturday with those cavalier forward charges. Not quite Webster or Ayling in their pomp, but getting close.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Yes, and for once the BBC have it about right. (Some of their guesses at our formation have been startlingly inaccurate. I half expect them to have Massengo in goal and Dasilva at centre forward.)  

Back four. Diamond with HNM at the base, AW the apex and Scott & Benarous right and left, respectively. Antoine and Martin up top.

Should be fun... 

I reckon Cov would be better off just forfeiting the game now.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A good test for HNM. Will be really interesting how the midfield functions. I’m guessing Williams will get some minutes in the second half.

Excited by this team. It may go wrong, but so refreshing to see Nige so happy to play the youngsters. It really feels like we’re starting to build something.

• Like 3

I'm not sure I understood the positions. Something like that?  ?

.............Bentley

Bell.....Kalas....Klose....Dasilva

................Massengo

..Scott................Benarous

.............Weimann

Semenyo.......Martin

[EDITED]

If it's right...another tough test for Bell in that unfamiliar position, whereas Massengo as a defensive shield could be useful.

I'd have given Wells a chance, but not surprised he's on the bench as usual...

COYR!

Edited by Dan Robin
4 minutes ago, YGBjammy said:

I think will be a 433 with Massengo doing most of the dropping back rather than an out and out "front sweeper" role that Williams played.

And I wouldn't be surprised to see Scott and Benarous off at half time. At 8:30 they have to go get a bath and go to bed as have school in the morning.

It`s half term so they can stay up a bit later.

• Haha 2