IGNORED

Coventry City at home match day thread

2 minutes ago, Andrew_V1 said:

Can we just end the season now?

We really need to get some more mentally stronger players in the summer and we’ll be decent.

for all our promise it is no coincidence we keep making stupid errors so we need to cut those who can’t keep their heads over 90+mins

I don't think it's mentality. We are set up so crazy it's always going to leave space 

• Sad 1
10 minutes ago, Spike said:

Massengo drives me around the bend, he's honestly so talented but it's also not uncommon for him to do what he just did there and mis-direct a pass that leaves us vulnerable.  That said, another end of the game goal conceded after being the better team for arguably the whole game.

One of the most self distracting players I've come across, can be different gravy for 90 minutes and throw it all away in one reckless moment. Infuriating.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Some of these players are not up to it I'm afraid too many individual errors. We just roll over belly up it's pathetic, there are some very gifted players but it's costing us week in week out.

who then? I couldn't see many out there today. Perhaps with the exception of Martin (who still scored in fairness) there isn't a lad who played in that game I'd like to see leave the club.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

When will we get a decent ref?

If the chairman, Gould and co. will remain silent about all the damage done to the team, maybe never: doing nothing means happily accepting the nasty behaviour that most referees are showing in our matches.

That being said, defensive errors will be an aspect to consider during the next transfer window.

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'll quite happily stand my ground here, I'd be interested to see the stats if someone can find them on how many passes he's given away this season that have resulted in breakway chances. Like I said, kids got tons of talent and I'm in no way saying he isn't good enough but he's really got some work to be done when it comes to some of his decision making when passing. The lad can hit passes some of us wouldn't see as possible which is what frustrates me so much when he makes silly mistakes that shouldn't be happening.

Sadly and IMO the evidence supports your observation Spike.

1 hour ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Wow that was not good viewing! 

A lot of poor performances tonight. 

Massengo's passing has been way off, Bell looks to be struggling up against Maatsen, and Martin is running into positions he shouldn't be. 

A stern teamtalk from Nige incoming.

This game is crying out for Joe Williams. 

Yep you called it. Massengo caused a hernia issue for DaSilva with a crap pass in the seconds before he gave the ball to them with our team upfield. 

5 minutes ago, The Journalist said:

Another good performance from a team half made up of young’uns. Don’t mind it at all, don’t really care about the result.

Next few months remains a bit of a free hit in terms of fine tuning and getting experience into players.

While we’re still losing plenty, I think we’ve served up more entertainment in the past two/three months than the past two/three years put together.

Excellent post and sums up how i feel. We didn't deserve to lose tonight but half our team was made up of kids who look to have real talent.

I've been very 50/50 about our progress under Nige but i do see some positive signs and with a few decent signings in the summer i would hope we can improve next season.

Scott and Semenyo look proper players and i just hope we can hang on to them!

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Some of these players are not up to it I'm afraid too many individual errors. We just roll over belly up it's pathetic, there are some very gifted players but it's costing us week in week out.

Calm down and take a deep breath

Yes , always gutting to concede a late goal (Again) but have a look at the big Ure picture

If someone had told you 12-18 months we’d be pretty surviving without some breathing space in a side containing Scott, HNM , Benarous, Bell , we’re becoming regulars or semi regular 

That we’d need to find sufficient goals from Martin / Weimann and Antoine

Whilst missing expected key first team starters in James , Baker, Williams .... 

The performance is what should be painting the picture

Nigel Pearson is building something very decent here 

• Like 18
7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Who would of thought after the late Blackpool goal first game of the season it would happen so many more times. Certainly set the precedent 

Home to Blackpool - 2 points

Away to Forest Green Rovers - meaning a penalty shoot out which we lost 6-5

Home to Luton - 2 points

Away to QPR + 2 points

Home to Fulham + 1 point

Away at Peterborough + 2 points

Home to Forest - 3 points

Away to Coventry - 1 point

Home to Blackburn - 2 points

Away to Hull - 0 points (both teams scored beyond 75 minutes)

Home to QPR - 1 point

Home to Millwall +2 points

Away to Swansea - 2 points

Home to Coventry - 2 points

Coventry beat us away in the 93rd minute and tonight they won it in the 89th minute 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sheltons Army said:

Calm down and take a deep breath

Yes , always gutting to concede a late goal (Again) but have a look at the big Ure picture

If someone had told you 12-18 months we’d be pretty surviving without some breathing space in a side containing Scott, HNM , Benarous, Bell , we’re becoming regulars or semi regular 

That we’d need to find sufficient goals from Martin / Weimann and Antoine

Whilst missing expected key first team starters in James , Baker, Williams .... 

The performance is what should be painting the picture

Nigel Pearson is building something very decent here 

Totally get what you are saying its just poor.