IGNORED

Alex Scott…..Wow

HappyClapper

5 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

Ignore the result.
I think he’s gone up another level tonight. His tactical intelligence and game awareness for 18 were absolutely astonishing.

He plays like a seasoned pro.

No doubt he is going all the way to the top of the game.

I bet he goes in goal at the end of training and is sickeningly good at that too

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

1 minute ago, Lordofthebling said:

He makes me sick.

Exceptional footballer, slim, hair, on a decent wage and can move back to a tax haven when all said and done.

He can and will go on to huge things. He's ahead of Massengo for me in terms of assets and potential.

And I'm so old and bitter.

Yep, me too, i tell my mrs hes my adopted son, what a player

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

He's very good for an 18 year old in an average team. I really hope we can hang on to him for another season and see him improve, but i fear that bids will be incoming during the summer

If his management team have got any sense, they’ll keep him with us for another couple of seasons, he’s learning to play at a reasonable level, if he goes higher at his age now you just can’t see him immediately breaking into a Prem midfield, so he’d become a loanee cash cow. Another couple of years of Championship experienced will do his football education no harm at all, especially playing under Nige.

• Like 6

Maybe one of the biggest challenges the coaching staff has is figuring out where to play him to get the best out of him.

Scott looks as easily at home picking the ball off the toes of our centre-halves and setting the tempo, as he does as a box-to-box all action midfielder, or a wide-midfielder drifting in, or playing as a 10.

A dream of a player, unbelievable instinct to take the ball as he wants it for his next three-touches, thats uncoachable and a unique ability.

A £20 million gem and call me an oldish romantic but lets get another 18 months of him with us and he can fire us into the Prem!

Edited by TomThumb84
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1

An absolutely incredible player.

Tonight is the fourth position I’ve seen him play while being at the best player on the pitch.. at 18.

His talent is obvious to everyone, but his understanding of the game and tactical awareness, for a teenager in his first season at adult football, is genuinely ridiculous.

I’ve seen creative players of his type be asked to play deeper in midfield after hundreds of professional games and be a complete waste of time. Yet you get the feeling he could be asked to play anywhere and he would instantly recognise how he was meant to play.

He is going to the absolute top. And it will be a pleasure to say you watched his first steps.

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

2 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Maybe one of the biggest challenges the coaching staff has is figuring out where to play him to get the best out of him.

Scott looks as easily at home picking the ball off the toes of our centre-halves and setting the tempo, as he does as a box-to-box all action midfielder, or a wide-midfielder drifting in, or playing as a 10.

A dream of a player, unbelievable instinct to take the ball as he wants it for his next three-touches, thats uncoachable and a unique ability.

A £20 million gem and call me an oldish romantic but lets get another 18 months of him with us and he can fire us into the Prem!

Premier league clubs are probably working that out as we speak. At championship level it seems you can play him anywhere and he will dominate - incredible talent.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Sensational performance and for me is the first name of the team sheet.  Ran the game tonight and excels in whatever we ask him to do.  Let’s enjoy him while we can.

Every day of the week.

He can do pretty much everything, most players like him don’t put in the blocks & tackles that he does, his set piece delivery is just amazing & we are asking him at 18 to play Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday & he’s delivering.

**** knows what the youth set ups at Southampton & Bournemouth were thinking in not snapping him up, but thank goodness they didn’t.