IGNORED

Alex Scott…..Wow

HappyClapper

7 hours ago, HappyClapper said:

Ignore the result.
I think he’s gone up another level tonight. His tactical intelligence and game awareness for 18 were absolutely astonishing.

He plays like a seasoned pro.

No doubt he is going all the way to the top of the game.

You hear other about other players being so good so young, Rooney for example and wonder how it can be. Then you see it with your own eyes. 

I’m more worried about losing Scott than all our other player put together. 

He’s got it all and can more or less play in any position.

I know he’s labelled as an attacking midfielder, but I think he’s better in the QB role just in front of the defence, his reading of the game, his calmness, his fearlessness and occasionally naughty tackle, combined with his ability play a pass suit that position more so than anywhere else at present.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

He’s got it all and can more or less play in any position.

I know he’s labelled as an attacking midfielder, but I think he’s better in the QB role just in front of the defence, his reading of the game, his calmness, his fearlessness and occasionally naughty tackle, combined with his ability play a pass suit that position more so than anywhere else at present.

He was so impressive last night wasn’t he. Reflecting this morning I think you might be right. He has proven himself to be accomplished in each of the positions he has played. Moving forward he needs to play in the position that has the most impact on the team. The way he dictated our play was outstanding, but I was just as impressed with his work off the ball. I think @Davefevs has mentioned previously that he plays as a genuine central midfielder in the England U18’s.

Most lads when they first break into a side will be played wide, even if they eventually make the move to a more central position. For Alex to have done that already and to have become arguably our most consistent and important player is incredible.

When done Alex, and a huge shout out to NP and the coaching team for recognising his ability and trusting him.

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

8 hours ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Interesting comparison that, if Bellingham were to leave Dortmund this summer I wonder they would be looking at AS, he's obviously not at Bellinghams level currently but the potential is there and they have a track record now with young English talents.

I think he is good enough that moving abroad could be an option for him. Think it takes a special talent to really get looked at abroad because they know the cost will be higher than an equivalent from Europe. 

Also, I get why people say Bellingham but Bellingham had his season in the championship. Then gone on to have 2 at Dortmund as a regular. Some England caps in between as well. He is less than 2 months older than Alex Scott. 

I think what impresses me the most about Alex Scott is the fact he has been put in various positions across the Midfield and at Wing back and he still looks good. 

He is 18 and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in England shirt in the next 5 years or so, genuinely.

Scott is easily the best youngster I've seen at City.
Yes he's 2 footed, he has very good technical control, he has vision, he's fearless, he has street smarts, good dead ball striker. All that's great, and important, but plenty of young lads have had similar.
The difference with Scott for me ? I have never seen a player of his age and build stand up to the physicality of the Championship, or mens football, so well. He looks slight, but he knocks people over, competes for headers and doesn't take a backward step. 
He came in and looked ready to go, that is massive.
We have to somehow add the missing pieces to make a team, so we can make the most of the young guys that have come in .

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bris red said:

Indeed. He is a great talent but i do feel City fans can get a little too excited when its one of our own so to speak. 

Agreed.  He’s very very promising and clearly highly achieving for a player of his age and experience, but he’s far from the finished article and still needs time to perfect his trade.  I was not the only one around where I was sitting to think that he was disappointing in the first half last night, though he came into his own in the second half.  It’s all about promise though, but I think the comparisons with Jude Bellingham are a little premature at the moment.  When Bellingham played at Ashton Gate as a 16 year old he was astonishing.  Scott needs to stay with us to develop outside the premier league.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Only time Ive seen him live is when he came on as a sub at Posh earlier this season.

Terrible conditions and against a pretty physical team, but he was not phased. What I immediately noticed was that he has a presence on the pitch - you have to notice him - quite unusual in one so young. He is brim full of confidence.

There’s something about him reminds me of a young Alan Hudson at Chelsea. Hudson’s advantage was coming into a top team full of very good players. Scott is helping make a poor team look very much better and pretty good.

• Like 2

Scott is showing some of the older ones, earning a lot more, the input and impact that we, the fans. expect from all our players, week-in. week-out.

Pleased to see young ones being given a chance, and proving they are as good, if not better, than some of the more experienced professionals.

Their commitment, enthusiasm, energy and fearlessness is refreshing.

If you're a youngster at City now, you can see that if Pearson thinks you're good enough, you'll get a chance to prove it with a first-team opportunity.

Youngsters make mistakes, but so do the older players. The key thing is that some of these mistakes have been so costly, and players must stop repeating those mistakes, after we've been told they will learn from those mistakes.

All in all, I think we are progressing under Pearson and the football is far more attractive and entertaining than it has been for quite some time.

Like the long winless run at Ashton Gate, our propensity to concede late costly goals will inevitably come to an end.

Edited by Bazooka Joe
  • Like 4

An 18 year old already performing to such a high level in the Championship, combined with the fact he’s under contract with us until 2025… definitely has the potential to be our record sale (or a City legend).

Personally I can’t see him going this summer, I think we’ll end up selling HNM but keeping AS + AS.