IGNORED

Championship on ITV

Super

From next season

ITV will show highlights of the Sky Bet Championship, Sky Bet League One, Sky Bet League Two, Carabao Cup and the Papa John’s Trophy from the 2022/23 season after the broadcaster entered into a two-season partnership with the EFL.

A comprehensive round-up of all the day’s action from across the EFL will be screened in the primetime slot on Saturday at 9pm on ITV4, with a repeat being shown on ITV [main channel] later in the evening.

And for those who want to catch up on all the highlights on Sunday mornings, viewers will be able to watch again on ITV.

Highlights of midweek fixtures, where a full round has taken place, will also be broadcast on ITV and ITV Hub, covering Sky Bet EFL matches.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, hinsleburg said:

I hope its the same format as the current highlights show, think they've found a really good balance of highlights, goals and a little bit of analysis too.

Certainly much better than a lot of the other offerings over the years!

It is a good show, the problem is that it's tucked away on a channel that people don't really know is there unless they go looking for it.

ITV can give it more exposure, plug it during mainstream programming and on regional news etc.

Takes me back to the days when they had Nationwide Football League extra on at about 2am in the morning & I used to set my video (!) to record it.

Every season ended with a best goals montage with Praise You by Fatboy Slim accompanying it.

The other thing you could guarantee was any Preston goal included the commentary “a bit of magic by Paul McKenna” (ask your Dad).

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I hope so.  Gonna take someone very good to replace him.

Have to agree........Colin Murray is the perfect frontman, knowledgeable, with a genuine interest in the EFL, great sense of humour, and seemingly a soft spot for City?   If I was the producer of the show, I would be definitely be signing him up?

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Takes me back to the days when they had Nationwide Football League extra on at about 2am in the morning & I used to set my video (!) to record it.

Every season ended with a best goals montage with Praise You by Fatboy Slim accompanying it.

The other thing you could guarantee was any Preston goal included the commentary “a bit of magic by Paul McKenna” (ask your Dad).

When ITV had the PL highlights back in the early 2000s they would do a review show of that league late on a Monday night then show Football League Extra straight after it, essential viewing when I was a student.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, hantsred said:

As much as I like the Colin Murray Quest show, this is at long last a chance to see the EFL in HD rather than that grainy standard definition old school stuff

Quest/Discovery + is available in HD

There is a free app that just requires sign up to view the highlights show amongst many other shows in full glory HD

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

I went to see Paul McKenna at the Hippodrome years ago.  Was a great night.  One of my mates managed to get up on stage to be hypnotised, so definitely not fake.

He did one bit where my mate thought he’d turned into a sofa, and he was asking everyone to sit on his lap.  Was really funny.

At the end of that bit, McKenna did his “321 back in the room” stuff, but couldn’t get my mate out of his hypnotic state, he was still going around trying to get everyone to sit on his lap.  Ended up being taken to the BRI, and the show was halted.

They eventually got him out of his hypnotic state, and McKenna was later asked to comment on how my mate was feeling.

His response was “comfortable”!!! ???

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, hinsleburg said:

I hope its the same format as the current highlights show, think they've found a really good balance of highlights, goals and a little bit of analysis too.

Certainly much better than a lot of the other offerings over the years!

Agreed. Murray is a great presenter, but they also have a good mix of pundits too - including Ali and George from the podcast. 
If ITV keep that format then good. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seem to recall ITV had the highlights in the mid 2000's for a time, obviously there was the regional stuff before that.

Some live games too in the early 2000's, regionally based at times, say from 2001 prior of course to the ITV Digital fiasco.

Bring back the West Match!

if Colin Murray stays, then he'd have done highlights on Channel 5, Quest, and now ITV4
Quest is available in HD, but ITV4 in HD isn't available for those that have Freeview, I believe.

I remember when ITV last had Championship highlights, airing on a Sunday morning. It wasn't great but subsequent shows have been better

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I went to see Paul McKenna at the Hippodrome years ago.  Was a great night.  One of my mates managed to get up on stage to be hypnotised, so definitely not fake.

He did one bit where my mate thought he’d turned into a sofa, and he was asking everyone to sit on his lap.  Was really funny.

At the end of that bit, McKenna did his “321 back in the room” stuff, but couldn’t get my mate out of his hypnotic state, he was still going around trying to get everyone to sit on his lap.  Ended up being taken to the BRI, and the show was halted.

They eventually got him out of his hypnotic state, and McKenna was later asked to comment on how my mate was feeling.

His response was “comfortable”!!! ???

I saw Paul McKenna attack an old man in the foyer of the TUC in London because he thought he had stolen his parking space. Once he had been pulled away he stormed off into the street. Another bloke looked around and asked "why didn't he just hypnotise him?" 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

Quest is available in HD, but ITV4 in HD isn't available for those that have Freeview, I believe.

Quest HD is only available from some transmitters - for example, anyone receiving Freeview from Ilchester Crescent isn't able to receive it.

It's also broadcast on the COM7 multiplex which is due to be ended this summer as the frequency will be used for 5G going forwards - see https://rxtvinfo.com/2021/ofcom-auction-o2-ee-and-three-take-former-freeview-frequencies