IGNORED

Parking Ticket

Port Said Red

Since Christmas I have started parking on the bit of wasteland under the bus flyover (if I get there early enough). Quick, convenient and most importantly not causing any obstruction to any other road users etc. After the 'boro game on Saturday I went back to the car to find I had a parking ticket. The reason given for the ticket bares no resemblance to the actual position of the parking. I avoided parking there Tuesday night, which was a pain as (as I have mentioned in previous posts) I had my 76 year old brother with me and he struggled to walk even to the Robins P&R bus stop. I did run over and check the cars that were parked there Tuesday night and sure enough, no ticket. 
I feel looking at the ticket and the reason given, that this was some over zealous individual rather than BCC policy. I am going to challenge it, but I was wondering if anyone else has been ticketed there and is also challenging the fine?

20220223_175921b.jpg

It has been going on for the last 2 seasons you wont  be able to challenge just except and pay the reduced price

Parking on the pavement has its own potential issues, those aside, whether you want to park behind double yellow lines, the other side of them, whether there's a pavement or a grass verge, the answer is no, it's illegal. “

They wait till kick off and pull up in a minibus and issue the ticked good earner for the council 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Did you have to mount a kerb to get there? 

If the answer is yes, then that will possibly be why. If not, I'd say you have a case so long as there is no signage saying you can't park there.

31 minutes ago, petelekg said:

It has been going on for the last 2 seasons you wont  be able to challenge just except and pay the reduced price

Parking on the pavement has its own potential issues, those aside, whether you want to park behind double yellow lines, the other side of them, whether there's a pavement or a grass verge, the answer is no, it's illegal. “

They wait till kick off and pull up in a minibus and issue the ticked good earner for the council 

Thanks guys. I have still challenged it anyway as I feel the ticket is worded incorrectly. If it was worded as you have suggested, I would hold my hands up and pay the fine.

5 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Since Christmas I have started parking on the bit of wasteland under the bus flyover (if I get there early enough). Quick, convenient and most importantly not causing any obstruction to any other road users etc. After the 'boro game on Saturday I went back to the car to find I had a parking ticket. The reason given for the ticket bares no resemblance to the actual position of the parking. I avoided parking there Tuesday night, which was a pain as (as I have mentioned in previous posts) I had my 76 year old brother with me and he struggled to walk even to the Robins P&R bus stop. I did run over and check the cars that were parked there Tuesday night and sure enough, no ticket. 
I feel looking at the ticket and the reason given, that this was some over zealous individual rather than BCC policy. I am going to challenge it, but I was wondering if anyone else has been ticketed there and is also challenging the fine?

20220223_175921b.jpg

The parking contravention states you were parked in a street where waiting and loading/unloading restrictions are in place,
Seeing as you were not parked on the public highway (ie: The street) you may well have a case.

• Like 1

The bloke who owned the red and white cafe years ago, contacted the council, and asked them any chance of removing some of the double yellows.

On the cafe side by the bus stop, not over the road,

They came down in 3 days, and enlarged them.

No joking now, the wardens up north st on non match days they must be making the council thousands.

They always seem to be around between 9 and 10 top of raleigh by the tobacco factory i see them a lot stinging people.

11 hours ago, Carey 6 said:

I’d post on Pepipoo if I was you mate. But if you share the images make sure you redact all info & use an image hosting website. 

They’ve got me off two parking tickets previously! Know their stuff & will be able to inform you if you have any chance of beating it. 

This is the best advice you’ll get. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slippin cider said:

Always found it strange that most clubs have very little or no parking. Would be a good earner. I know you can’t have parking for everyone (20,000) or more is out of the question but a well run multi storey on site on a first come basis would be good . 

Good luck getting out of that bad boy at full time!

If only there were a disused railway station nearby that could be brought into service...

• Like 2

The road includes the wasteland as it is not just the carriageway it includes everything up to the ' hedgerow' in either side of the road and pavement.  The crux of this is whether there are clear unobstructed signs at either end of the road showing what restrictions / waiting times are in force. If there are no signs or you were outside the restricted times then you have good grounds for an appeal.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Always found it strange that most clubs have very little or no parking. Would be a good earner. I know you can’t have parking for everyone (20,000) or more is out of the question but a well run multi storey on site on a first come basis would be good . It’s all land and money though I get that . Shame though ….:yawn:

I`ve often wondered why some of the businesses along Winterstoke Road don`t open their staff car parks for a fee like the ones on the road to Wycombe`s ground do. It would be a nice earner for a company.

Could be an insurance issue perhaps but it seems like an opportunity going begging to rake in some cash.

• Like 2

Just done a bit of research for you. Code 02 has nothing to do with Double or single yellow lines. It refers to waiting in a restricted area. You need to check what signs are in place and if none, happy days, otherwise check what times the restrictions are in force.

My guess is that match days no waiting restrictions will be in force.

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/further-details-contravention-code-02#:~:text=Contravention code 02 shall be,which the loading ban applies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1