IGNORED

Nottingham Forest away match day thread

Jerseybean

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

It did but not enough of one to prevent that being saved imo.

If you've never played in goal I could understand you thinking that but that deflection changes the footing of Bentley and is easily enough to beat a keeper. His reactions have prevented us being down by 3-4 goals, you can't blame the guy for not being able to react to a change of direction that happened less than a second before the ball passed him.

• Like 2

All of the saves bar the Davis free header from 6 yards out he should be saving, including the goal. 

Going to be difficult to deal with Spence even if we swap JD to the other side, they're a good side Forest. 

That Davis has Kalas pinned every single time, need someone in front of him to stop him getting the ball down and playing.

I'd bring James and Bell on for Massengo and Pring probably and see if that changes things.

Just now, pl00peh91 said:

Am I going to get pelters for saying that Massengo has too many dips in form to get truly excited about? I’d drop him for James at half time unfortunately 

I've been saying it for a while now, the lad has amazing technique and ability but his consistency in his passing is awful, he can hit so many incredible passes and then play one so bad that it gives the opposition a chance, he has no middle ground.

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

My viewing is a bit slow 

However we've been awful cant cope with Davis and Spence and Johnson and are offering nowt. 

Worst performance for a while up there with the Swansea mess tbh. 

Hopefully better second half 

I just think Forest are a good team, sometimes good teams stop you from doing things well. Certainly they’ve nullified Semenyo, and not giving us a huge amount of space in the middle. Spence is a handful especially as Cam has been booked (soft one though). Some room down the left for Dasilva, but would like to see him actually get to the byline and cross it, rather than diagonal balls into the box.

• Like 1

1st half summary:

Bit lethargic overall.  Not moved the ball quick enough, and I'm not convinced the diamond is quite working, leaving a bit too much of a gap between midfield and attack.

Individually (players of note):

Bentley - on top of his game, thankfully

Dasilva - epitomising the lethargy, bit sloppy / casual on the ball

Pring - sticking to his task, but tough job on a yellow

Klose - covered Kalas very well - midfield / forward allowing too many chipped balls into Davis's chest / feet, but Kalas holding his own.

Their keeper looks dodgy.  An Antoine ass-shot maybe?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

I've been saying it for a while now, the lad has amazing technique and ability but his consistency in his passing is awful, he can hit so many incredible passes and then play one so bad that it gives the opposition a chance, he has no middle ground.

I think the one thing he can be guilty of is sometimes trying the difficult pass rather than the simple one, great when they come off, but we invariably lose possession when they go wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Curr Avon said:

They're getting the ball down our flanks far too easily and Pring can't go to ground on Spence due to his booking. Need to double up there. Our midfield are struggling to impose themselves, meaning little for the strikers. Need to be robust in defence and see if we can nick one.

Agreed, unless there is a tactical master stroke that can change this game it’s about keeping this 1-0 and throw a bit of caution to the wind in the last 15.

6 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

Am I going to get pelters for saying that Massengo has too many dips in form to get truly excited about? I’d drop him for James at half time unfortunately 

Might just be me, but now the transfer window has closed his form has dipped!