IGNORED

Nottingham Forest away match day thread

Jerseybean

1 minute ago, Tafkarmlf said:

They've  Scott and Massengo got nowt to work with

DaSilva is giving hospital passes and there's nothing doing up front, it's uber rubbish we're so disjointed 

DaSilva is being played onto his weaker foot as he's on the wrong side of the pitch for his natural game, I'd say his passing is still better than Massengos despite the fact Forest know to play him onto his right foot where he's not as naturally comfortable.

On a whole Forest are pushing up and making us play in small pockets where they are more comfortable than we are. We've had some good spells of passing but they've got us with our backs to their goal and all of our attacking comes from running at the opposition. For all of the complaining about our players they've set up perfectly to take us on today. DaSilva being played onto his weak foot, Spence getting space to run at us on the right because we only have one wide player rather than a LB&LM, Davies holding the ball up well off of Kalas to give them time to make runs. We on the other hand aren't offering anything, Semenyo is being closed down, Brunt is being man marked for high balls giving him a tough job to flick the ball on.
Pearson has a very hard job here, short of switching to a 4-4-2 we're always going to struggle defending against Spence, however we have no natural RB meaning we either put DaSilva on the right and leave the left exposed or we play someone else out of position.

I'd take Pring off, bring on Bell, have Massengo and Williams switch sides so Massengo can man mark Spence when defending as he's the type of player who is quick and can battle for the ball well whilst running at speed. I think we also need to switch Semenyo to the right side to keep the ball away from Spence when we're counter attacked short of them playing a long pass across the pitch which would give us time to reposition.

• Like 2

Just now, Numero Uno said:

I think that was probably meant in a positive manner rather than an ultimatum.

Oh yeah it is, but what a big ask of a lad, I know I wouldn't like to mark Davies for 45 minutes with a goal needed to catch up meaning we'll need to push up.

8 minutes ago, Spike said:

On a whole Forest are pushing up and making us play in small pockets where they are more comfortable than we are. We've had some good spells of passing but they've got us with our backs to their goal and all of our attacking comes from running at the opposition. For all of the complaining about our players they've set up perfectly to take us on today. DaSilva being played onto his weak foot, Spence getting space to run at us on the right because we only have one wide player rather than a LB&LM, Davies holding the ball up well off of Kalas to give them time to make runs. We on the other hand aren't offering anything, Semenyo is being closed down, Brunt is being man marked for high balls giving him a tough job to flick the ball on.
Pearson has a very hard job here, short of switching to a 4-4-2 we're always going to struggle defending against Spence, however we have no natural RB meaning we either put DaSilva on the right and leave the left exposed or we play someone else out of position.

No wonder we are looking so lethargic up front.