IGNORED

Nottingham Forest away match day thread

Jerseybean

We were well beaten by a decent Forest team who were on top throughout. We only managed one shot on target. Thought Spence was unplayable at times quite remarkable that Boro let he leave on loan.

Positives for me being Matty James getting minutes, Williams managing 90 minutes, Robbie Cundy doing a solid job for 45 minutes, Klose’s and Scott’s performances and several excellent saves from Bentley. Given the refereeing I’m also relived we didn’t see a red card.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

I agree there is a lot to look forward to if we could hold on to the likes of Semenyo HNM and the like but I have been here so many times before, just as we seem to have optimism it's wrenched away as a team from the Prem or a Championship club with parachute payments steal them away, to me it's been Deja vu to many times. I unfortunately can't help but be drawn to the club, after all these years I sometimes wish I weren't.

No immediate reason for them to go. They are improving as players and getting 1st team Championshipexperience week in week out, none of them would be Prem starters at this stage in their careers. 

1 minute ago, Slack Bladder said:

City are the only team not to have scored on my Both Teams To Score accumulator

I need a consolation goal come on City, this was a nailed on both teams to score.

Did better than me, I had 5 teams that let me down it, makes Saturday more exiting though doesn't it.

2 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

No immediate reason for them to go. They are improving as players and getting 1st team Championshipexperience week in week out, none of them would be Prem starters at this stage in their careers. 

Hope your right one more season and we might just start to go places.

Just one shot on goal in the second half. Weimann ballooned over from Scott's FK on 90.

A game to instantly forget. Midfield dominated. Poor in possession and few chances created.

Bentley kept the score down with some excellent saves and Cundy impressed in the second half, snuffing out Keenan Davis.

Too many players had an off game HNM Semenyo Weimann Martin Kalas to name a few, the only players coming out with any credit Bents Cundy and Klose

Two deflected goals didnt help and the Ref was so petty and favoured NF, every time they fell over he gave them a free kick, saying that though we were bloody awful and didnt deserve anything from the game

• Like 1

Just now, Curr Avon said:

Just one shot on goal in the second half. Weimann ballooned over from Scott's FK on 90.

A game to instantly forget. Midfield dominated. Poor in possession and few chances created.

Bentley kept the score down with some excellent saves and Cundy impressed in the second half, snuffing out Keenan Davis.

Massengo was poor, and Kalas was the shakiest I've seen in a long time.

2 minutes ago, Malago said:

Beaten in individual battles all over the park.  No outfield player can come out if that game and say they got the better of their man

Ref looked like Pa Larkin and referred like him.  Didn’t cost us the game but his one eyed referring didn’t help.

In a game without a single serious foul or a handball how ever did we end up with four yellow cards? The ‘Darren Bond is the worse ref in the Championship’ Facebook page might have a bit of traffic tonight! 

Been out for the day, and have kept off the net and radio for a change.  On the way back just now, I said.....Forest will have won 3-1 or 2-0 I reckon?  Lo and Behold!..........We are just so pheckin predictable, I just wish they would surprise now and again?   Haven't read the match report yet........don't know if i can be bothered ?   Never mind NP eh?   We are where we are apparently?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maxjak said:

Been out for the day, and have kept off the net and radio for a change.  On the way back just now, I said.....Forest will have won 3-1 or 2-0 I reckon?  Lo and Behold!..........We are just so pheckin predictable, I just wish they would surprise now and again?   Haven't read the match report yet........don't know if i can be bothered ?   Never mind NP eh?   We are where we are apparently?

You're better off staying ignorant. Put it this way. There were no attacking highlights involving City.

• Like 1

Our better players had unusually poor games today, never seen Williams look that sluggish before, HNM was anonymous, Semenyo sloppy in possession.

A game to forget and fair play to Forest who looked a good side, don't forget they have beaten much better sides than us this season. They should be the benchmark for where we want to be in 12 months time

Edited by Dolman_Stand
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

Our better players had unusually poor games today, never seen Williams look that sluggish before, HNM was anonymous, Semenyo sloppy in possession.

A game to forget and fair play to Forest who looked a good side, don't forget they have beaten much better sides than us this season. They should be the benchmark for where we want to be in 12 months time

They brought in a decent manager didnt they?