IGNORED

Bielsa binned

exAtyeoMax

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

They have had a lot of injuries this season, they have basically played all season with a team worse than the one the had in the championship.

Injury crisis? It sounds familiar...  They are facing a relegation battle like we made last season, mainly for the same cause: that's why I don't wish them to go down.

Edited by Dan Robin
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

I actually think it’s a shame , if inevitable eventually , 

I thought Leeds were fascinating to watch and provided excellent entertainment for the neutral every time I watched them

Was so refreshing , if not sustainable 

I've always enjoyed watching them as it's 100mph football with a guarantee of goals. Get a decent manager in who knows how to set them up in a more defensive way and they should still have enough to stay up

• Like 3

3 hours ago, East Londoner said:

It’s a mixture of second season syndrome and having a number of championship standard players who’ve over performed for a sustained period.

Was inevitable 

Am I right in thinking they’ve also had a lot of injuries that have exposed a lack of squad depth? I could be wrong on that. 

11 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Am I right in thinking they’ve also had a lot of injuries that have exposed a lack of squad depth? I could be wrong on that. 

Bamford, Phillips , Cooper - 3 important figures down the spine , all been absent all season ,or nigh on , others like Ayling also missed games

With such a small squad , that’s significant

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheltons Army said:

Bamford, Phillips , Cooper - 3 important figures down the spine , all been absent all season ,or nigh on , others like Ayling also missed games

With such a small squad , that’s significant

I always thought that their squad- and that of Brentford- were dangerously thin. Not saying terrible players but as you say the spine- no passable backup for Ayling also not the best idea.

Fine with a strong availability record but once that starts to fray...big problems,

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I always thought that their squad- and that of Brentford- were dangerously thin. Not saying terrible players but as you say the spine- no passable backup for Ayling also not the best idea.

Fine with a strong availability record but once that starts to fray...big problems,

And their limited recruitment has been very mixed ,at best

And you then have to get them adapted to his methods and buy into them  

• Like 1

Gutted, absolutely gutted.

Fan poll last night on our main forum was 90/10 he should stay.

All season we’ve had a worse / on par team with our promotion year injuries have killed us.

The owner has agreed to sell the club in its entirety in summer, arguments because they wanted THEIR own players in and Bielsa wanted his players in, the manager is done and will be announced Monday, Jesse Marsch to fit in with our new shiny American owners.

Yes he wouldn’t change his system but the individual mistakes made have been horrific, most of the new signings haven’t bought into his ways and are causing issues.

He deserved the chance to finish the job, players are back next week (Bamford / Phillips), he deserved the chance to walk out the front door.

Bielsa via his humility, taking the blame for everything (even stuff not his fault) has shielded the board and the team from everything, they’ve lost their shield and the board / new board and the players who have EVERYTHING to thank him for can get ******.

We were an average bang average championship team before he arrived, it’s clear this season he has not been allowed to sign his own players as it was already decided he was going.

The man deserved more, many of you might think cheat blah blah but as a man you couldn’t wish for a better bloke in the city or community to manage / represent the club, unbelievable he’s not been allowed to finish the season. A new manager won’t get a better tune out of these.

Absolutely devastated, loads of people at the training ground (fans) saying goodbye to him today clearing his stuff crying (him and the fans) and stuff, it’s just not right.

It wasn’t just a job to him, he was not only accepted but unconditionally loved by us fans, in his crappy little flat above a sweet shop, where fans delivered him homemade food during the pandemic, last night was a man all alone having had his heart broken by some ***** that he gave everything to.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Robin 1

48 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

So we were told he was one of the top managers in the world when he join and when he got promotion and his first seasons in the prem. So what went wrong?

For years Bielsas teams have played a very high tempo way but 

they get screwed by any half decent team on the counter attack

This has happened for years but he has done nothing to change it

8 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

Gutted, absolutely gutted.

Fan poll last night on our main forum was 90/10 he should stay.

All season we’ve had a worse / on par team with our promotion year injuries have killed us.

The owner has agreed to sell the club in its entirety in summer, arguments because they wanted THEIR own players in and Bielsa wanted his players in, the manager is done and will be announced Monday, Jesse Marsch to fit in with our new shiny American owners.

Yes he wouldn’t change his system but the individual mistakes made have been horrific, most of the new signings haven’t bought into his ways and are causing issues.

He deserved the chance to finish the job, players are back next week (Bamford / Phillips), he deserved the chance to walk out the front door.

Bielsa via his humility, taking the blame for everything (even stuff not his fault) has shielded the board and the team from everything, they’ve lost their shield and the board / new board and the players who have EVERYTHING to thank him for can get ******.

We were an average bang average championship team before he arrived, it’s clear this season he has not been allowed to sign his own players as it was already decided he was going.

The man deserved more, many of you might think cheat blah blah but as a man you couldn’t wish for a better bloke in the city or community to manage / represent the club, unbelievable he’s not been allowed to finish the season. A new manager won’t get a better tune out of these.

Absolutely devastated, loads of people at the training ground (fans) saying goodbye to him today clearing his stuff crying (him and the fans) and stuff, it’s just not right.

It wasn’t just a job to him, he was not only accepted but unconditionally loved by us fans, in his crappy little flat above a sweet shop, where fans delivered him homemade food during the pandemic, last night was a man all alone having had his heart broken by some ***** that he gave everything to.

I do fear a bit for Leeds for the rest of the season and beyond. As you say, a new manager is going to find it hard to get the players you have playing beyond the level Bielsa has. 

Marsch is going to be a massive gamble too. Leeds aren't the most popular of clubs but I've always been impressed with the atmosphere at Elland Road. The 2-2 a few years ago (under Heckingbottom?) where you came back from two-down was one of the few times I've genuinely see a set of fans successfully will their team back into a match. I'm not going to lie - I think Leeds is a great city and don't mind having you in the Championship for a good weekend away - but  I do think it'll be a real shame if you find yourselves struggling again and hope for your sakes you find a way to stay up. 

1 minute ago, LondonBristolian said:

I do fear a bit for Leeds for the rest of the season and beyond. As you say, a new manager is going to find it hard to get the players you have playing beyond the level Bielsa has. 

Marsch is going to be a massive gamble too. Leeds aren't the most popular of clubs but I've always been impressed with the atmosphere at Elland Road. The 2-2 a few years ago (under Heckingbottom?) where you came back from two-down was one of the few times I've genuinely see a set of fans successfully will their team back into a match. I'm not going to lie - I think Leeds is a great city and don't mind having you in the Championship for a good weekend away - but  I do think it'll be a real shame if you find yourselves struggling again and hope for your sakes you find a way to stay up. 

Sounds odd, I’m not alone in thinking about gives a **** about survival.

We’ll be a sports division is American owners where we aren’t a priority to them, they won’t give a shit other than the numbers.

Top 6 in the PL is a closed shop (okay Leicester sometimes do it), unless you have a huge benefactor then you won’t achieve anything, which is why the manager was loved, we had something enjoyable, entertaining to make up for the fact we won’t win anything, whereas all other clubs are pretty boring.

The soul has been taken out the club and if the new manager doesn’t start flying it’s going to get nasty real quick.

I was there at the 2-2 game and it’s one we always bring up, we hit the bar in the last second as well, loved that game.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

Sounds odd, I’m not alone in thinking about gives a **** about survival.

We’ll be a sports division is American owners where we aren’t a priority to them, they won’t give a shit other than the numbers.

Top 6 in the PL is a closed shop (okay Leicester sometimes do it), unless you have a huge benefactor then you won’t achieve anything, which is why the manager was loved, we had something enjoyable, entertaining to make up for the fact we won’t win anything, whereas all other clubs are pretty boring.

The soul has been taken out the club and if the new manager doesn’t start flying it’s going to get nasty real quick.

I was there at the 2-2 game and it’s one we always bring up, we hit the bar in the last second as well, loved that game.

Live in West Yorkshire and popped into local after a walk and a couple of local  fellas had their Leeds tops on with Bielsa on the back - which is strange when a clubs sacked their manager. They’ve resigned themselves to relegation.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, SPAZZA said:

It's all very sweet, but he was earning £8m a year by all accounts!!

If gave all this away, he deserves more than a statue.

31 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

It's all very sweet, but he was earning £8m a year by all accounts!!

If gave all this away, he deserves more than a statue.

A common misconception.

£8m a year included ALL of his backroom staff that he employed. From coaches to analysts he gave the club an overall budget for all staff and then employed people within that budget (including translator etc)

He paid the £200k fine out of his own pocket, did raffles at Christmas for office staff only where the top prizes were new cars!!

Gave a team talk so some under 11s during international break as he was bored and wanted to watch football.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, VT05763 said:

Never going to last long term, found an interesting way of playing that caught teams out for a while but never sustainable at the highest level.

Think next level Holloway at Blackpool.

Always chuckled at the media and ex pro hype about him.

But what about the fans?. They are not happy. Despite the league position the vast majority wanted him to stay . Some waited 7 hrs at the training ground to say their goodbyes.

I think Leeds will regret this. They had injuries and a rough run of fixtures so this feels harsh. If they go down I can’t seem them returning for a while. Wouldn’t be surprised if they’ll be where Bielsa found them in a couple of years! 

Edited by Sturny
  • Like 1