IGNORED

Dropping down to us next season

22A

5 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Good lord. Think that trip goes back down the list then. Thanks for the heads up!

If you stayed up there for the night to do other things around Yorkshire it wouldn’t be so bad but my personal experience is that it’s pretty grim in the holbeck area of Leeds . I’m sure others on here though quite like Leeds away so maybe they can change your opinion.

4 hours ago, 22A said:

I’d like Everton to come down because they are ... a founder member of the Prem.

You say that as though that makes a club important enough to dislike ... if being a ‘founder member of the Prem’ is a reason to wish ill on a club then we must also dislike Coventry, Oldham, QPR, Ipswich, Middlesbrough, Blackburn and both Sheffield clubs ... not sure why we should dislike clubs who were ‘there at the start’ though ?!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wiltshire robin said:

Good atmosphere in the ground but as an away fan it’s pretty shit . Gantry block top half of away end so can only see half the pitch , no away pubs anywhere even close to the ground and it’s £41 a ticket let alone travel costs .

The Drysalter pub which welcomes away fans is about 10 mins walk to the ground. Loads of City in there last time I went to Leeds.

• Like 1

Can you just imagine for a minute the media meltdown if it was Everton, Newcastle or Leeds. "they're too good for this league blah blah" Most of they're matches would be televised with all of the media foaming at the mouths as their Premiership inflated waged large squads plus their obligatory parachute payments for failure pump 3 or 4 goals per match past their hapless & skint FFP restricted Championship opponents every week in front of their frenzied fans who appear all over the stadiums sparking sporadic fights with the locals. All it will underline is how unfair and unbalanced the Championship has become  and the urgent need for a salary cap that is clear and more importantly, policed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

Ditto.

I have a vague memory of them beating us in a cup game at the Gate early 2000s, but I don't think I've seen us play them in the league. 

I know how you feel. I was in the second row from back of the Sir John Hall Stand in October 2009. Needed bloody binoculars!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

The utter joy of Leeds being relegated will be spoilt by them thrashing us next season as they do.

The only benefit is the usual Leeds fan celebrating in the Dolman and getting kicked from Row Z back down to Row A.

Seen that happen and it still makes me laugh now thinking about it.

However, I have vowed never to watch a City v Leeds game again. Can't stick that f@ckin boring drone of a song they continuously sing is almost as bad as the SAG prozzy song. Almost.

20 hours ago, 22A said:

If it was Newcastle or Leeds, the majority of game would be televised because that what Sky did last time.  I'd like Everton to come down because they are perceived to be "one of the big boys" and secondly, a founder member of the Prem.

Almost every Everton game would be televised as well.

Selfishly I'd like Norwich and Watford to come down as they are convenient away days for me.

Newcastle as well just to piss their new owners off. 

When I saw the title I wondered if it was down to our division or down to our level. 

As its the former, with Norwich and Watford likely I'd prefer Brentford as it would be a new ground. Next best would be either Newcastle or the never physically relegated Everton (many years ago they finished in a relegation place but won a play-off) as while I've been to both grounds I've never seen us win on either. 

18 hours ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

If it’s the game I’m thinking of, it was January 1994 (perhaps 1995), on a bitterly cold Sunday afternoon with torrential rain.

The pitch was like a potato field, City (who, like Everton, played poorly) had chances to win - Partridge hit the post when it looked easier to score (so did somebody else, I think, but I can’t remember who) and Allison headed a glorious chance miles wide.

As you stated, Jackson scored a late winner for Everton.

Yeah it was Jackson and it was a hell of a strike

I remember one home game v Everton where we had Steve Torpey up front and they had David Unsworth at CB. Ninety minutes of blood and thunder, good old-fashioned CF v CB contest with no quarter asked or given. When one of them ended up on the deck, the other one helped him up and they both thoroughly enjoyed it.

I bloody loved it!

6 minutes ago, Sweeneys Penalties said:

would Everton be playing at Goodison or Bramley Moor Dock next season?

They'll still be at Goodison next year. A mate I sit next to at the Gate , is a member and goes to Everton quite often. We've been trying to arrange a trip for a while, them getting relegated would make it easier. Though I'd like them to survive. 

Brentford at a new ground would be a decent 2nd best.

6 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

They'll still be at Goodison next year. A mate I sit next to at the Gate , is a member and goes to Everton quite often. We've been trying to arrange a trip for a while, them getting relegated would make it easier. Though I'd like them to survive. 

Brentford at a new ground would be a decent 2nd best.

cheers. I havent been to Goodison since I was in Liverpool to party (I didnt do much study) in the early 80's

• Like 1

On 27/02/2022 at 20:50, Silvio Dante said:

1995. Matt Jackson after we dominated the entire game, they went on to win the cup.

Then in 1999 we lost 2-0 to them, Ibrahima JohnandYoko scoring twice late on

I was present at both games in Dolman B block. Sure the first game was Jackson scored a free kick in front of East end that housed over 5k Everton. They came onto the pitch. Also pretty certain that was the game were it kicked off big time on Ashton road with 50 of theirs. Andy Nichols mentioned it in his book . We were in Rising Sun at the time. 

they won’t come down.