IGNORED

David Noble

P'head Red

10 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Listening to the Graham Stack interview on the Ben Foster podcast this morning, speaks very highly of Noble from roughly 25.30 onwards. What a talent we had on our hands..

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1crdk40SxJw2vfzepWvOx2?si=uX-H_q5eR7eZHlVm54Ej0Q&utm_source=copy-link

Very talented player could of played at the top but he wasted his talent

• Like 2

Another example of a player being so good he could have played consistently at the upper level of this league or above, if it weren't for his love of the booze.

Great player though, and one of the real highlights of watching us play around that time.

I had a good conversation with Dave when he played for St Albans against Bath City a couple of years ago.  Great to see such a talented footballer still plying his trade in non-league football, and he controlled the game, largely from the centre circle!  He was surprisingly positive when recalling his time at Ashton Gate - I say ‘surprisingly’ because his spell with us was a bit up and down - and came over as a thoroughly nice guy.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I had a good conversation with Dave when he played for St Albans against Bath City a couple of years ago.  Great to see such a talented footballer still plying his trade in non-league football, and he controlled the game, largely from the centre circle!  He was surprisingly positive when recalling his time at Ashton Gate - I say ‘surprisingly’ because his spell with us was a bit up and down - and came over as a thoroughly nice guy.

Noble is a nice guy - I remember chatting with him at a ‘do’  at AG and when I commented on his outstanding ability he was incredibly humble and thanked me for saying it.

Sad thing was that GJ left him out far too frequently claiming that Noble didn’t work hard enough…….but in reality he was leaving space for his son………:cool2: The fact is that Noble would have been starting under any other manager.

LJ was asked about Noble at Senior Reds and agreed that he was a special talent and added “I did his running for him”……

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

17 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Sad thing was that GJ left him out far too frequently claiming that Noble didn’t work hard enough…….but in reality he was leaving space for his son………:cool2: The fact is that Noble would have been starting under any other manager.

Spot on! and you can add Alex Russell to that list of better players who were often overlooked, so GJ could play little Lee....................

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Noble is a nice guy - I remember chatting with him at a ‘do’  at AG and when I commented on his outstanding ability he was incredibly humble and thanked me for saying it.

LJ was asked about Noble at Senior Reds and agreed that he was a special talent and added “I did his running for him”……

⬇️⬇️⬇️

32 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Noble was a total baller who was as talented as any other Midfielder I have seen in City colours. A pity the Manager at the time didn't really like flair players and couldn't let his son down.

Didn’t Marv do the running and all the physical stuff for both of them.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

⬇️⬇️⬇️

Didn’t Marv do the running and all the physical stuff for both of them.

Marv was a ball winner and a player of his type is very useful in every team. He complimented Noble and covered for Little Lee’s inadequacies. 

We fans all saw it and the only one that couldn’t see it was GJ……….:disapointed2se:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

28 minutes ago, RedRock said:

Think Alex was plagued by injuries with us. One of many who suffered the Ashton Gate curse. 

Cultured player who could grab a few goals too. Pity. 

got involved a little bit at Clevedon when they were going through their difficulties a few years ago with the stadium/player issues. Played a few games, believe he was in early 40s by this point, and no one could get near him even at that age!

• Like 4

Me and Noble dated the same bird- not at the same time obviously and he dated her first. Was around the time when Java was the place to go circa 2008 from memory.

He was a good guy and him and Richard Keogh who also liked to be out on Saturday nights always seemed to have time for the fans asking for a chat etc!!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Russel and noble, were a class apart in that rotherham game.

They didnt no what him them.

One of my favourite City performances. Promotion pressure was on us that day but you wouldn’t know it. Played with complete confidence and freedom, we were never getting anything other than three points. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Me and Noble dated the same bird- not at the same time obviously and he dated her first. Was around the time when Java was the place to go circa 2008 from memory.

He was a good guy and him and Richard Keogh who also liked to be out on Saturday nights always seemed to have time for the fans asking for a chat etc!!

Should’ve left that bit out, would’ve made it sound much better. ???

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Very talented player could of played at the top but he wasted his talent

I listened to him on one of the OSIB ‘cider with’s a while back. He pretty much acknowledges himself that he could have done more with his talent. He was always so laid back.

He played (as far as that’s possible) under Steve Evans - so I doubt he’d have viewed GJs attitude to endeavour over talent as anything much to write home about! Not only that, he went back and played for him a second time. I got the impression that even he couldn’t explain why!

On the LJ, Marvin comparisons, surely they are all different types of player. A good midfield has all three. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Is that East or West of Krakatoa? ........ Noble IMHO was 20% of effort away from being a Premiership player.  It is such a misfortune when talent and personality do not quite blend successfully?

My love for Mr noble football wise was as high as it could go. One of my favourite players. Just such a technically gifted and intelligent player. 

So you can imagine seeing him out and offering to buy him a drink, and he insists on buying me one instead. I was star struck to say the least. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, italian dave said:

On the LJ, Marvin comparisons, surely they are all different types of player. A good midfield has all three. 

Which always surprised me that LJ (the head-coach) always wanted “mirrors” of him but never saw fit to sign a “Marv” ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

As fans we all wanted a big-ugly one in CM.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

Ha her name wasn’t Natasha was it cuz I dated her and then he did

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Should’ve left that bit out, would’ve made it sound much better. ???

I know mate but I’m not a liar… he was their first, in actual fact he may still have been their when i was dating her…

It got to the respectful point on nights out though when we both used to see eachother and give a little nod hello… she was a pain in the arse so probably an mutual appreciation of that

• Haha 1

How the hell does a David Noble topic turn into a chance to have a pop at LJ? With regards Noble, brilliant talent, saw things before most players on the pitch, hence why he could play at Championship level without being 100% focused. Great touch, great composure, great vision & could of easily played in the Prem with a better attitude. Great lad & funny to boot. COYR 

• Like 3

One of my favourite ever city players and scored my favourite ever goal in the away game at Palace. Hardly any backlift and unbelievable strike. Bet him a few times for first goal scorer and he also delivered for me. 

Didn’t we sign him for £50k!? Bargain. 

Edited by Ben1980
  • Like 1