IGNORED

David Noble

P'head Red

24 minutes ago, Ben1980 said:

One of my favourite ever city players and scored my favourite ever goal in the away game at Palace. Hardly any backlift and unbelievable strike. Bet him a few times for first goal scorer and he also delivered for me. 

Didn’t we sign him for £50k!? Bargain. 

Yep, from Barnet if memory serves me right. COYR 

4 minutes ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

All the people saying Noble was sidelined because of nepotism it was because of his drinking and inconsistent play.  He was gifted but if was down to nepotism when he left us he dropped down and played for Exeter.

I’m confused.  Are you saying it was nepotism or it wasn’t?  It was fitness and, as someone else has suggested, a bit of a thirst.

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

Ha her name wasn’t Natasha was it cuz I dated her and then he did

Wasn’t Sarah was

1 hour ago, alexukhc said:

Wasn’t Sarah was it? 

1 hour ago, MC RISK77 said:

Haha thankfully not, don’t think my heart could take the fact she was possibly seeing three of us at the same time. 

Wasn’t Sarah was it? 

Edited by ziderheadarmy
A stutter…

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I’m confused.  Are you saying it was nepotism or it wasn’t?  It was fitness and, as someone else has suggested, a bit of a thirst.

Oh he had a thirst, it wasn't nepotism.  We used to share a hairdresser and he told me he used to come into the hairdresser halfcut before a matchday. 

Edited by Lorenzos Only Goal
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

Just now, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Oh he had a thirst, it wasn't nepotism.  We used to share a hairdresser and he told me he used to come into the hairdresser haircut before a matchday. 

I am not sure I understand.

Are you saying he used to come in to the hairdresser *for* a haircut before a match day, which seems fair enough, or he would come in half cut, which is to be frowned upon and, in fact, renders his trip somewhat worthless, although I assume he received a discount as his barber’s job was already half complete.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

I am not sure I understand.

Are you saying he used to come in to the hairdresser *for* a haircut before a match day, which seems fair enough, or he would come in half cut, which is to be frowned upon and, in fact, renders his trip somewhat worthless, although I assume he received a discount as his barber’s job was already half complete.

:laugh: I'm having a nightmare with my phone ? and a autocorrect or sabotage depending on how it feels.

3 hours ago, alexukhc said:

3 hours ago, MC RISK77 said:

I know mate but I’m not a liar… he was their first, in actual fact he may still have been their when i was dating her…

It got to the respectful point on nights out though when we both used to see eachother and give a little nod hello… she was a pain in the arse so probably an mutual appreciation of that

Bloody hell , that’s her.... Natasha 

I was with her early 2000’s - nightmare 

?

Noble was a quality footballer but I think it was "the cider with" episode where he clearly had a chip on his shoulder/message he wanted to get across that ended up as a bit of rant and then the rest of the episode seemed like hard work.

He clearly has an opinion that people that are good at football (him) should be prioritised over athletic ability. He didn't seem to understand that if you've played some beautiful football for 20 minutes but you're now coughing your guts and the opposition are now giving you the runaround then you've caused more problems than you've sold.

Similar to JET and there are some similarities to Backinson although I wouldn't want to put Backinson in the same class of footballers as JET or Noble.

56 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Noble was a quality footballer but I think it was "the cider with" episode where he clearly had a chip on his shoulder/message he wanted to get across that ended up as a bit of rant and then the rest of the episode seemed like hard work.

He clearly has an opinion that people that are good at football (him) should be prioritised over athletic ability. He didn't seem to understand that if you've played some beautiful football for 20 minutes but you're now coughing your guts and the opposition are now giving you the runaround then you've caused more problems than you've sold.

Similar to JET and there are some similarities to Backinson although I wouldn't want to put Backinson in the same class of footballers as JET or Noble.

Some similarities to JET except Nobes achieved something. 

21 minutes ago, Wolf Island said:

Some similarities to JET except Nobes achieved something. 

Are you talking about the FA youth cup? Because JET did win that.

The other things I can find are league 1 runners up with us and league 2 runners up with Rotherham. Obviously Jet has a league 1 winners medal and football league trophy medal - seems like JET has a slightly better record if anything.

I feel like I'm missing some big achievement that Noble has, what am I missing?

Edited by Pezo

19 hours ago, brady bunch said:

Spot on! and you can add Alex Russell to that list of better players who were often overlooked, so GJ could play little Lee....................

Rated both Noble and Russell really highly. Another good midfielder we had at that time, albeit not quite on Noble’s level, was Gavin Williams.

16 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I believe Gazza Johnson had major issues with Dave’s fitness levels…

If GJ could see what a talent Noble was with his quick feet, ability to pick a pass and to own a midfield with his class then he’d have started him every match. Unfortunately that would have meant leaving Little Lee out who as we all know was fortunate to be a professional footballer.

I almost laughed out loud when LJ said at Senior Reds that he’d ‘done all Noble’s running’ - that was complete bollocks. He hardly got a touch when Marv and Noble ran the midfield but hinted at Noble’s fitness nevertheless……….:dunno:

40 minutes ago, Robbored said:

If GJ could see what a talent Noble was with his quick feet, ability to pick a pass and to own a midfield with his class then he’d have started him every match. Unfortunately that would have meant leaving Little Lee out who as we all know was fortunate to be a professional footballer.

I almost laughed out loud when LJ said at Senior Reds that he’d ‘done all Noble’s running’ - that was complete bollocks. He hardly got a touch when Marv and Noble ran the midfield but hinted at Noble’s fitness nevertheless……….:dunno:

Noble & Elliott barely ever played together, it was Noble & LJ then Elliott & LJ, you’re just making stuff up again.

• Haha 2
  • Hmmm 1

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Got a link? 

Surely you must know how the internet works by now?

You can actually look this sort of stuff up for yourself.

Marvin Elliott arrived at the start of the 2007/8 season, the one we made the Championship playoff final, you must remember it, because under GJ it was our most successful season of the last 42 years.

In that season Elliott started 44 games, LJ 39, Noble just 16.

The following season Noble started 5 games then he left, he was never Elliott’s regular partner, most of the games were either replacing one of the other 2 when they were unavailable or playing in an advanced role behind Dele Adebola in a 4-4-1-1.

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

12 hours ago, Pezo said:

Are you talking about the FA youth cup? Because JET did win that.

The other things I can find are league 1 runners up with us and league 2 runners up with Rotherham. Obviously Jet has a league 1 winners medal and football league trophy medal - seems like JET has a slightly better record if anything.

I feel like I'm missing some big achievement that Noble has, what am I missing?

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Surely you must know how the internet works by now?

You can actually look this sort of stuff up for yourself.

Marvin Elliott arrived at the start of the 2007/8 season, the one we made the Championship playoff final, you must remember it, because under GJ it was our most successful season of the last 42 years.

In that season Elliott started 44 games, LJ 39, Noble just 16.

The following season Noble started 5 games then he left, he was never Elliott’s regular partner, most of the games were either replacing one of the other 2 when they were unavailable or playing in an advanced role behind Dele Adebola in a 4-4-1-1.

I thought you were claiming that Noble, Marv and Little Lee never played together………..:dunno: