IGNORED

Chelsea up for sale?

exAtyeoMax

2 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

https://www.chelseafc.com/en/news/2022/03/02/statement-from-roman-abramovich

Selling, doesn’t work any loans repaid. NET Proceeds to victims of the war in Ukraine.

Story moving very quickly.

Might not be any proceeds net!

Shouldn’t we just seize the assets?

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I wonder what skeletons he has in his closet to give up £1.5bn, just like that...

I'm not sure he's said that he's writing the debt off, but not asking for it to be repaid. Whether that's for ever or not who knows.

Just now, Kid in the Riot said:

The absurd truth, of course, is that he can comfortably afford to write that amount of wealth off. 

Yes, although think this is about him trying to get something for Chelsea before the whole thing gets seized. Bit of a fire sale in truth. 

38 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I wonder what skeletons he has in his closet to give up £1.5bn, just like that...

He was the first and principal player to nominate and push Putin for president

Maybe regrets that now

Seize his assets , sell Chelsea and Put the money to Ukraine refugees ourselves

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So pretty much all of you (and me) above are taking a cynical view….yet there’s a big love-in on twitter - what a marvellous gesture type shit.

He is trying to get his laundered money out…before it’s seized.

Indeed he's also selling his London house and other properties.......£150M for the Kensington gaff in case you fancy a place in town for those London away City games. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

The absurd truth, of course, is that he can comfortably afford to write that amount of wealth off. 

Yeah it's insane.

A Chelsea player earning £100,000 per WEEK would take around 300 years to earn that much. It's just totally unimaginable sums of money!

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Surely that wealthy Chelsea fan...Wael Al Quadi will be making an offer?  

Worrying times for gasheads ?

I’ll have you know he’s a thoroughly nice chap, who owns an expensive watch, which if he pawned it, would probably pay Lukaku’s wages for 10 minutes.

Edited by Malago

I always thought of RA as being one of the more genuine, passionate of the Russian, Middle and Far East owners (the late Leicester City owner aside) and this, together with his Jewish orphan boy done good story, sort of wants me to believe him.

Given his close and long relationship with Putin, however, I can’t believe he didn’t have at least some inkling as to what was going on (and has gone on in the past) so probably best if we thank him for his magnanimous gesture and inform him that we shall seize his assets nevertheless and ensure that the net proceeds of the sale are transferred to Ukraine in accordance with his wishes.

Brownie points for Boris, as well, so a sort of Win Win.

• Sad 1