IGNORED

Rising Sun Opens

Tomo

4 hours ago, SimonL said:

I think they need to tone down the security. Fair play on the doors but wondering around the pub constantly have having guards on watch in the outside area was not appreciated. 

Making people wear their hats backwards “because of CCTV” also tragic and hilarious in equal measure. Thought it was a great gag initially 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, petehinton said:

Making people wear their hats backwards “because of CCTV” also tragic and hilarious in equal measure. Thought it was a great gag initially 

I saw this happening and one lad was just in completely bemusement

agree with others, security was way ott and also no checking of home fans only, needs to be one or the other really 

9 hours ago, petehinton said:

That's right. They made my mate who is 81 turn his hat backwards if you can believe that! 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Never went in but spoke to guys stood behind me and they said thatchers gold was £3.20 a pint but £4.20 2 hours before and after the game 

Surely you’re asking for trouble by doing this?

This isn’t Dublin.

11 hours ago, petehinton said:

They would have a fit if someone wanted to wear a mask then. 

15 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Never went in but spoke to guys stood behind me and they said thatchers gold was £3.20 a pint but £4.20 2 hours before and after the game 

We went from the Albert early on £3 for Red Stripe, to end up paying nearly £10 for a Moretti and a Haze. 

I think we will be sticking to the Albert and the Masonic from now on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, James54De said:

Yeah, not a great first impression. Nice place, but as has been mentioned, some arsehole security and ripping off football fans. A full pound more expensive is not on really. 

Isn't that a good thing? I once had the begining of noro-virus on the afternoon of a game. On the throne (at home) until 5 minutes before kick-off. Thought whatever I had had passed and made the kick off (I'm 2 minutes away). Never had a more uncomfortable afternoon at football in my life. I nearly lost my sh1t on many multiple occassions, and had to wait until the ground had practically evacuated before risking leaving myself.

• Haha 4
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Isn't that a good thing? I once had the begining of noro-virus on the afternoon of a game. On the throne (at home) until 5 minutes before kick-off. Thought whatever I had had passed and made the kick off (I'm 2 minutes away). Never had a more uncomfortable afternoon at football in my life. I nearly lost my sh1t on many multiple occassions, and had to wait until the ground had practically evacuated before risking leaving myself.

Sounds like you had practically evacuated as well!  :shocking:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Unfortunate, but from what I read on here, it seems likely the cubicles that might have enabled you to relieve yourself were occupied by some with other needs.  

On 04/03/2022 at 22:19, Bristol Rob said:

If it keeps it affordable for those who will keep it ticking over on a non match day...

My thoughts exactly.  Went in Saturday after the game during the ‘price hike’ and it was still reasonable considering a lot of Bristol prices these days - £20 odd for 5 pints. If I hadn’t read this I wouldn’t have known any different. Better to look at it that it’s just a lot cheaper sometimes - like the old 50p a pint night at uni! Still a lot cheaper than the ground and better quality as well. 

Edited by lenred
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, lenred said:

My thoughts exactly.  Went in Saturday after the game during the ‘price hike’ and it was still reasonable considering a lot of Bristol prices these days - £20 odd for 5 pints. If I hadn’t read this I wouldn’t have known any different. Better to look at it that it’s just a lot cheaper sometimes - like the old 50p a pint night at uni! Still a lot cheaper than the ground and better quality as well. 

Yep agree with this, new opening so cheaper prices when the pub isn't busy to attract customers on those days

• Like 1

On 06/03/2022 at 10:27, Lew-T said:

Surely you’re asking for trouble by doing this?

This isn’t Dublin.

I can't see a £1 increase being a big problem. The pub clearly need alot more staff (bar & security) on matchdays so understand the logic. 

• Like 1

• Admin
10 hours ago, Tomo said:

I can't see a £1 increase being a big problem. The pub clearly need alot more staff (bar & security) on matchdays so understand the logic. 

If that is the case why doesn't every other pub do the same?

All the others manage to operate on same prices, I have never known an establishment alter prices dependent on how busy they are

13 hours ago, Tomo said:

While I agree I think it's a poor argument, surely they will sell more pints between 1100 and 1500 on a Saturday lunchtime when we're playing offsetting the need for additional staff?

I am assuming they make a markup on each pint, I can't see another way they operate.

The argument that they want to is enough for me, they're not a social service and no one is forced to go there. Easy - if you don't like the policy enough don't drink there. If enough people don't like it then the place goes under for someone else to run it that might implement a different policy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, phantom said:

If that is the case why doesn't every other pub do the same?

All the others manage to operate on same prices, I have never known an establishment alter prices dependent on how busy they are

Maybe these are the normal prices and they are lowering prices when they are not busy

45 minutes ago, phantom said:

Sadly not, these increased prices only occur either side of kick off and are lower the rest of the week

But they are not extortionate and with pubs closing seemingly on a daily basis including several around Ashton Gate I don't have any problem with this if it keeps their doors open

• Like 6