IGNORED

Rising Sun Opens

Tomo

• Admin
5 hours ago, Big C said:

But they are not extortionate and with pubs closing seemingly on a daily basis including several around Ashton Gate I don't have any problem with this if it keeps their doors open

57 minutes ago, Bernard Lerring said:

Are people complaining over the pub choosing to switch its prices between a cheap pint and a very cheap pint?

The tobacco factory is just shy of £6 all the bloody time ffs. 

If you Don't like it, don't drink there

It's not the prices that is the problem 

It's the fact they increase the price of a drink before and after a game, never known anywhere do this before. 

11 hours ago, phantom said:

It's the fact they increase the price of a drink before and after a game, never known anywhere do this before. 

Surely it is a case of trying to keep the pub afloat, rather than just trying to rip off supporters. The rest of the week they seem to be extremely cheap, which is to try and just get punters through the door. I am only guessing, but at those prices all year round there is probably a fair chance that they would not be opening at all. If it is £4.20 then that seems to be fairly cheap in todays market regardless, and they will certainly have higher costs due to the football with bar staff, door staff etc. I'd rather go in there at £4.20 (any day of the week) than the Tobacco Factory myself.

Bottom line is if anyone doesn't like their policy then they can choose to go elsewhere, and pay the other places standard prices, which are a lot more expensive.    

• Like 9

12 hours ago, phantom said:

Welcome to London- you’ve obviously never had a pint within 5km of Wembley, where all boozers have a Match Day Price List. They will say additional security costs- plastic glasses etc- but that’s plainly nonsense, as an increase in sales will compensate for any (largely fictional) additional costs.

Meanwhile, I’ve no experience of the Rising Sun, which from the pictures looks a jolly good pub.

Edited by Bedred31
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, phantom said:

I really don't see the problem? Pub has to make profit and historically it hasn't!

Rather buy there than in the ground

5 minutes ago, frenchred said:

I really don't see the problem? Pub has to make profit and historically it hasn't!

Rather buy there than in the ground

Agreed, the ground is a rip off.
Used to stay in the Sun all game at times and have a few beers ? with a few City. The Sun is a typical local pub trying to survive when 100s of other pubs have been closing. I hope the Sun does well.

Don’t see it as a rip off on match days compared to AG drinks prices.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TheReds said:

Surely it is a case of trying to keep the pub afloat, rather than just trying to rip off supporters.

Nail on the head mate ? I can't understand why this is being taken so personally.

It's an attempt to do something different to stop another football pub (with a strong city history) inevitably going the same way as the Wedlocks etc

• Like 1

• Admin
4 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

Welcome to London- you’ve obviously never had a pint within 5km of Wembley, where all boozers have a Match Day Price List. They will say additional security costs- plastic glasses etc- but that’s plainly nonsense, as an increase in sales will compensate for any (largely fictional) additional costs.

Meanwhile, I’ve no experience of the Rising Sun, which from the pictures looks a jolly good pub.

Of course I have plenty of times, this isn't about a match day it's about a short timescale either side

If people are happy to pay an inflated price just to drink there near to kick off that is fine, but I know myself and many others wont be

24 minutes ago, phantom said:

Of course I have plenty of times, this isn't about a match day it's about a short timescale either side

If people are happy to pay an inflated price just to drink there near to kick off that is fine, but I know myself and many others wont be

Try and frame it the other way.

Beer is competitively priced, but discounted on non match days.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, phantom said:

Try and see it as supporting a very long standing local football pub, rather than wasting your ££ on expensive drinks in the ground for Bristol Sport. I think/hope the Rising Sun will do well actually.

• Like 1

I still think pubs miss a trick on match day 

i remember the ship and castle a guy stood by the door flogging cans of natch for £2 

sometimg so simple but yet you can double your money and stop people walking up with cans from the offee 

as there not much more expensive 

I remember a pub near leeds ground ,chips and gravy £2 they sold loads 

keep it simple and reasonably priced and you can make a few ££

• Like 1

• Admin
1 hour ago, Tin Soldier said:

Try and see it as supporting a very long standing local football pub, rather than wasting your ££ on expensive drinks in the ground for Bristol Sport. I think/hope the Rising Sun will do well actually.

Myself and friends do drink in many of the long standing pubs outside the ground, both before and after the game

My point was if people are happy to pay the increase levied to our custom than that is us to them

I would be interested to know what the matchday experience will be like for the rugby tomorrow

52 minutes ago, phantom said:

Myself and friends do drink in many of the long standing pubs outside the ground, both before and after the game

My point was if people are happy to pay the increase levied to our custom than that is us to them

I would be interested to know what the matchday experience will be like for the rugby tomorrow

Probably pretty quiet tomorrow…

8 hours ago, Bedred31 said:

I was in there last Saturday and thought it had a good vibe.

The price of my Thatchers was what I expected and still a lot cheaper than the Thatchers that is poured way in advance in the ground.

• Like 2