IGNORED

Birmingham City at home match day thread

That was as bad a 45 minutes as I’ve seen all season. Pathetic at the back, second to everything in midfield and no pace or pattern to any of our attacks. Really, really poor.

Playing Bell at right back is being exposed for the folly it is. Teenage striker playing at right back n the Championship is struggling…. Who would’ve predicted that? 

Perhaps forever the optimist, but a couple of tweaks and and an early goal back, they’ve the capability to get something out of this.

Williams and James not working, Bell’s been targeted and showing is inexperience in this position.

Semenyo not at the races, Robins TV suggesting he is ill but he doesn’t look as threatening.

Not keeping the ball long enough for us to be a threat or to stop them breaking.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Birmingham aren't normally this good.

Were their players included in the drug tests today?

Or is our utter woefulness making the opposition look much better than they really are.

We're very good at making opponents look like world beaters. It's been a theme regularly this season 

What I genuinely don't get is that we see glimpses of what this team can be capable of and glimpses of what Pearson can be.

But they are just flashes and after over a year and two transfer windows we continue to get games  like this as the norm.

Let's see if Nige can turn it around and scrape a draw which would be very good and about what I would have expected.

4 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

TBF to Bell he did have a shocker but had no help from Kalas or Williams. Was totally exposed. Atkinson was stripped and about to come on on 43 mins but Nige obs decided to wait til half time to make the change.

Absolutely. You would have thought senior players would be backing him up. 

22 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Williams has done ok. 

Bell has to come off at HT.

Of course he does. I’d have taken him off after ten minutes. Although I wouldn’t have played him. It’s not fair on the lad. He’s not ready for the Championship. He’s certainly not ready for right defence or whatever he’s trying to play. 

• Like 3