IGNORED

Birmingham City at home match day thread

2 minutes ago, 22A said:

So; are NP's tactics and formations wrong, or are the players just not good enough, or worst case scenario, are the players simply not interested??

Can’t answer your question, but there is clearly something definitely wrong atAshton Gate, and has been since our promotion season

People on here know I support Pearson but today was unacceptable. We lost to a pile of ******* shit and it’s on him and his game playing with the Lansdown’s at the moment. He needs to realise, and ******* quickly too, that people don’t pay £500 plus for a season ticket to watch kids playing out of their depth and getting totally humiliated,out of position, just so he can prove a point to John Lansdown. The club is a ******* circus at the moment. Needs new ownership.

If the club asked me to renew my season ticket tomorrow I would tell them to kiss my arse. I would suggest that Pearson stops playing childish ******* games to massage his ego and puts fans first………for a long awaited change at this complete embarrassment of a football club.

• Like 5

I've been on the fence regarding Pearson for quite a while now and whilst he inherited a pretty poor squad, you only need to look at the likes of Luton, Millwall, Preston and even Huddersfield to see what can be achieved with an average bunch of players.

Our recruitment this summer needs to be spot on and he needs to start next season in a positive fashion, otherwise i fear this could end badly (again).

Our slight upturn in form this season coincided with Semenyo's return around Christmas and i still don't see a particular style or pattern of play that he is trying to implement?

3 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Respectfully disagree that we were well worth a point 

Clearly weren't 'better' shots either or er, we'd have done better. 

Took some time to reflect and still don't know what we do to fix it It has to be on NP today setup was wrong, tactics wrong and we're a complete shambles that first half was worse than last week at Forest and that's saying something. 

I'm thinking maybe time to change the manager as though I got what he was trying to do Johnson Tombola bizarre team selections and an awful defence arent great, wonder if this what would've happened if Steve Coppell stayed all those years back ?

Time to change ownership tbh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This season is finished so I don't know what people expect.Several players will be gone this summer unfortunately it's another rebuild, To much inconsistency in games unless we get rid of the dead wood in the squad it won't change.. Not just the playing squad the entire club needs to change in the way it is run after the shambles Ashton left it in. Blame Pearson after 3 years if things don't change but now's not the time,I have faith he will get this right.

• Like 7

James and Williams don’t work together. Far too defensive and neither look to progress the ball up the pitch. Needed HNM to be that box to box midfielder and drive at the Birmingham defence. Hoped Scott would do it but he ended up letting the game pass by him unfortunately.

Dont understand how we’ve regressed so much in the space of three games. Look clueless going forward after we’d appeared to turn the corner. Just knock it round the back before hoofing it up the pitch. Very poor.

Just now, Roger Red Hat said:

Anybody else tired, weary and fed up with being a BCFC supporter? Literally nothing to get enthused about season after season.

I’m done with this ownership. It’s gotta change. Today has seen us hit a new low. We lost to a team so bad you can’t even describe how ******* bad they are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, RedInDevon said:

Have supported City for nearly 50 years but not sure how much more of this dross I can take! We are no further forward than when we got rid of Holden, probably worse in fact.

Agreed, Pearson has managed us for 51 games and won just 13 of them. That's an awful record.

If I was Nige I wouldn't be answering my phone tonight if Steve Lansdown's name popped up incoming !

10 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Wrecking an 18 year old kids confidence is not high up in the the manual of man management?   I think the 3 year plan is beginning to look less of a plan, and  more like desperation?     

He’s 19 but that’s splitting hairs in what was a complete nonsense from Pearson today. He gets a lot of slack from me but I’m ducked if I’m having that.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I’m done with this ownership. It’s gotta change. Today has seen us hit a new low. We lost to a team so bad you can’t even describe how ******* bad they are.

You’ll catch pelters for it but I agree. Hundreds of millions of pounds put into the club to move from 3rd when Lansdown became chairmen to 17th, with a relegation and many forgettable seasons sprinkled in the middle. Had some great moments but there’s very little to show for it on the pitch. At least we’ve got an alright stadium and our own training ground. 

• Flames 2
6 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Agreed, Pearson has managed us for 51 games and won just 13 of them. That's an awful record.

If I was Nige I wouldn't be answering my phone tonight if Steve Lansdown's name popped up incoming !

Steve Lansdown could do with a good look in the mirror. Loaded and clueless at the same time.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
11 minutes ago, BS3_RED said:

It's only cos we have some dog awful teams below us or we would be going down this season. I have seen nothing to suggest NP will get it right.

We would but most of the reasons for that would not be of Pearson's making but due to problems he inherited. Given enough time he'll sort those problems. 

We have a massive summer ahead of us. Get that wrong and we'll be staring down the barrel. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

We would but most of the reasons for that would not be of Pearson's making but due to problems he inherited. Given enough time he'll sort those problems. 

We have a massive summer ahead of us. Get that wrong and we'll be staring down the barrel. 

But can he sort them out whilst SL is still here?

Just now, Merrick's Marvels said:

I agree but playing stupid games like putting a forward at right back to prove a point have to stop, otherwise he needs to **** off with a few others. Today was so bad it’s untrue. A new low.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

As someone that’s stuck by Pearson, the problems inherited excuse doesn’t run after the summer. We’ve got to do a lot of business with very little money to not be worrying about relegation next season.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Tafkarmlf said:

Respectfully disagree that we were well worth a point 

Clearly weren't 'better' shots either or er, we'd have done better. 

Took some time to reflect and still don't know what we do to fix it It has to be on NP today setup was wrong, tactics wrong and we're a complete shambles that first half was worse than last week at Forest and that's saying something. 

I'm thinking maybe time to change the manager as though I got what he was trying to do Johnson Tombola bizarre team selections and an awful defence arent great, wonder if this what would've happened if Steve Coppell stayed all those years back ?

Really crap today. 

My own feeling is that I would stick through the summer and if the same patterns repeat themselves I would change by October.

I think I’m generally disillusioned with the club from Lansdown down and probabaly have been since LJ contrived to finish 11th.

It’s funny, it’s not for the lack of effort or impetus to do the right, but I feel like we just get it wrong.

Awful today. Done with the Martin and James thing. Neither good enough or athletic enough. 

However, think a few others let us down today as well. Klose and Kalas first half not good enough. Don’t care if Kalas is a quiet person. Needed to talk bell through that half. Klose deserved coming off at HT. Semenyo was borderline despicable at times. Didn’t anticipate anything, touch was atrocious and didn’t work near hard enough. Bell was a mistake considering opposition. 

I thought maybe there was something brewing here under NP. Unfortunately think it was a blip. Don’t really care how poor the side is when he took over. He made decisions on 10 players to let go and decisions on 7 to give contracts to. That should be enough to stamp your authority on your team. You can say not a top half side but what is? Some average teams occupying top half spots. We should be 8-10 points better off not languishing in 19th.

With no points deductions there would only be 4 teams worse than us. Not good enough and not seeing anything to get excited about for next season either. No discernible style of play with 3 of our best 5 players being linked with moves away. Future not looking too bright as of today. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I agree but playing stupid games like putting a forward at right back to prove a point have to stop, otherwise he needs to **** off with a few others. Today was so bad it’s untrue. A new low.

I completely agree. Is it playing games though or trying the same with Bell as he did with Scott?

Just shows how good Scott is

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

They should count themselves fortunate, the manager's seems to pop up after every single defeat. Been the case for ages on here.

The defence of that complete fraud Swiss Toni was the final straw with Lansdown. He’s finished with me and if Nige falls into the trap of playing games with them he will be in the same boat. At that point the ******* club can do one in my eyes. Enough is enough.

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Didnt we used to say that with every manager since the one who actually got us into this div; maybe its the person picking the manager who needs to carry the can, for our non progress since.

Points deductions for the teams below us, MAY just save us, this time Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura