IGNORED

Birmingham City at home match day thread

2 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

Who are the new buyers? 

Oh yeah, totally get your point, I’m not claiming it’s easy. Just saying that imo the current lot can take us no further and no further is nowhere near far enough for the level of investment imo…….total failure for that amount of investment imo.

We are miles better than we were at the beginning of the season. We actually try to attack teams. Let’s not forget just how bad we were. We are so much better at holding onto the ball. Unfortunately we still can’t do a lot with it and regularly mess it up in promising positions. A lot of our attacks just fizzle into nothing. The difference today was that we were pretty weak defensively and they were pretty solid.

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Anybody else tired, weary and fed up with being a BCFC supporter? Literally nothing to get enthused about season after season.

Certainly a tough slog at the moment.

Thought today was an opportunity to compete against a similar team but we are so defensively weak it was effectively over after quarter of an hour.

The depressing thing is, if you work on the basis that Baker isn’t going to play again, that was basically Tanner short of our strongest side.

I’m a Pearson fan but we need more evidence of progress than this & the experiment of playing a striker at RB has to end today.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Ownership / Lansdowns always pops up after about 3 losses. Every single time 

Because it’s the one constant in two decades of no progression? Can’t knock the investment in infrastructure, but hundreds of millions of pounds have been wasted through terrible decision making and general incompetence. Roll on American investment.

We’ve been crying out for an experienced DoF for years now. Wouldn’t mind Pearson taking that role and running the football side of the club and letting a fresher coach lead the team. Haven’t got a name in mind, but feel like that might be the better way of doing things. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I agree but playing stupid games like putting a forward at right back to prove a point have to stop, otherwise he needs to **** off with a few others. Today was so bad it’s untrue. A new low.

If that performance was a new low I can only assume you haven't been watching City long.  Yes first half was rubbish, but for 20 minutes in second half it was decent.  Just a shame the substitution seemed to take the momentum out of our play and stopped us keeping the ball in midfield.

Edited by bbew
  • Like 2
24 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Anybody else tired, weary and fed up with being a BCFC supporter? Literally nothing to get enthused about season after season.

Yep ! I’ve not been to the gate since Forest at home having barely missed a home game in the previous 40 years . This division has just killed my passion for the game . We can’t compete at this level under the Lansdown ownership as they simply make the same mistakes decade after decade . Just  4 or 5 years ago I just couldn’t imagine feeling this way but after these past few years football has ceased to matter like it used to ?

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

People on here know I support Pearson but today was unacceptable. We lost to a pile of ******* shit and it’s on him and his game playing with the Lansdown’s at the moment. He needs to realise, and ******* quickly too, that people don’t pay £500 plus for a season ticket to watch kids playing out of their depth and getting totally humiliated,out of position, just so he can prove a point to John Lansdown. The club is a ******* circus at the moment. Needs new ownership.

If the club asked me to renew my season ticket tomorrow I would tell them to kiss my arse. I would suggest that Pearson stops playing childish ******* games to massage his ego and puts fans first………for a long awaited change at this complete embarrassment of a football club.

Austin Powers Doctor Evil GIF

8 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I completely agree. Is it playing games though or trying the same with Bell as he did with Scott?

Just shows how good Scott is

Whatever it is that was shit today. Not good enough and the warning signs with Bell out of position were loud and clear at home to Coventry. Unfair on the kid himself and sticking a middle finger to the owners with the only losers being us fans imo.

17 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I agree but playing stupid games like putting a forward at right back to prove a point have to stop, otherwise he needs to **** off with a few others. Today was so bad it’s untrue. A new low.

What point is he trying to prove though? He has signed Simpson and Tanner, plus Vyner can play right back as well. If he is trying to prove a point about lack of players/funds then he is choosing the wrong position for that!

34 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Wrecking an 18 year old kids confidence is not high up in the the manual of man management?   I think the 3 year plan is beginning to look less of a plan, and  more like desperation?     

We have to get to the summer when we can bring someone in. That’s not much other choice.

1 minute ago, bbew said:

If that performance was a new low I can only assume you haven't been watching City long.  Yes first half was rubbish, but for 20 minutes in second half it was decent.  Just a shame the substitution seemed to take the momentum out of our play and stopped us keeping the ball in midfield.

Season ticket holder since I stopped playing 17 years ago. Birmingham are ******* shit, it’s not even a discussion and they bummed us for 45 minutes.

2 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Oh yeah, totally get your point, I’m not claiming it’s easy. Just saying that imo the current lot can take us no further and no further is nowhere near far enough for the level of investment imo…….total failure for that amount of investment imo.

Well, we’ve a redeveloped ground and a new training ground and a team that’s been in the Championship for the last seven years. A while back, we got within one match of the PL for the first time since 1976. On average, we’ve done ok compared to our history. My feeling is ‘be careful what you wish for.’

I also can’t help the feeling that there’s someone somewhere who might have done better than 28 defeats in 52 games.

1 minute ago, firstdivision said:

Well, we’ve a redeveloped ground and a new training ground and a team that’s been in the Championship for the last seven years. A while back, we got within one match of the PL for the first time since 1976. On average, we’ve done ok compared to our history. My feeling is ‘be careful what you wish for.’

I also can’t help the feeling that there’s someone somewhere who might have done better than 28 defeats in 52 games.

forget the bloody stadium. Always gets brought up when the Lannsdowns get questioned. its not even ours ffs. We get to play in it.

Nothing more. We just get to use what is part of the Sporting legacy that includes the sodding rugby and basketball

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I've always been a fan of Pearson and his personality; especially at our club where it's been needed for a long time. I think I still trust him in the long term to be one of the best we could have picked for our rebuild; we just have to accept that it will be slow going, especially with the financial situation. The two windows he's had so far he's been pretty hand-tied and the main objective has been offloading; which he's started to do.

If we're still in this position this time next year then he'll have to go obviously; but I'd hope this summer will be very busy with both outs and ins. 

On the other hand I am starting to worry that I like the idea of Pearson more than the reality of Pearson. There's a small part of me that wonders if he's simply past it?

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, firstdivision said:

I won’t be falling out with you about it but my patience with the Owner is lower than yours?. Just accept we are in a different place I think!!

• Like 1