IGNORED

Birmingham City at home match day thread

Just now, Tinmans Love Child said:

I’m not being funny but hard job as it may be,  Pearson’s record is pretty bad, must be one of the worst ever.  The end of last season on the trial period he did terribly, and this season has been similar.  Although shoots of progress in attack, defensive issues have never been addressed.  You have to wonder if he’s ever going to sort things out, especially if he has to sell our most promising assets in the summer.  This turnaround is as slow as turning the Queen Mary!

I think questions will start to get asked of Pearson soon enough by a wider section of the fanbase to be honest.

I am still behind him but for me its the defensive issues that i am finding totally unacceptable. He seems to be unable to get us solid at the back which is a worry.

• Like 2
Just now, JonDolman said:

You know if an unpopular man got the job and had done the exact same things as Pearson then people wouldn't be so positive about this season. I'm just treating Pearson the same as I would any manager. He's done a poor job so far imo. 

Yeah perhaps, but in the absence of an hypothetical other, I don't view this season as a failure. Game of opinions and all that.

3 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Supposedly we have the  three most sought after young players in the Championship,

plus three others who are full internationals on the pitch today.  Six out of 11.  Given this how can we be consistently so poor?

Sorry as much as i hate to say it?  The only possible/logical answer has to be, bad management and poor coaching?                

13 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

The buck stops with the manager

It’s a shared responsibility.

3 managers have failed to get anything other than dross from these players. The common denominator is the players.

they don’t implement a plan effectively and they make stupid individual errors, time and time again.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Not impressed with James so far, partly at fault for 1st goal, and too slow to move the ball when he gets in CM

Poor signing as most of Pearson’s signings have been tbh. Chuck rennie in there who hasn’t kept nearly as many injury free as advertised. I thought maybe it was progress for a month or so but alas it was just him forced to play the young players who cared. Now we got journeyman james martin and klose doing no better or even worse than the kids

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

You know if an unpopular man got the job and had done the exact same things as Pearson then people wouldn't be so positive about this season. I'm just treating Pearson the same as I would any manager. He's done a poor job so far imo. 

Correct, no progress made since last season. We are in and around the same position, another poor season.  Everyone wants Pearson to succeed here based on his historical achievements but isn’t working out at the moment.  

3 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

Williams has done ok. 

Bell has to come off at HT.

I think he absolutely needs to change who we have at RB.  I would be tempted to keep Bell on and move him up the pitch, let him play in a more familiar role. I think it would be better for his development and an acknowledgment that he is being asked to do a lot for a young pro.