IGNORED

Kids on pitch

Redandproud

Was announced (I think, the PA isn’t clear) pre game that they shouldn’t be doing it as well. Club need to keep that stance clear and those who break it should face the appropriate penalties - as long as it’s advertised it won’t be accepted, then people can’t feign ignorance 

27 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Was announced (I think, the PA isn’t clear) pre game that they shouldn’t be doing it as well. Club need to keep that stance clear and those who break it should face the appropriate penalties - as long as it’s advertised it won’t be accepted, then people can’t feign ignorance 

OP said the kid was in South Stand.

That figures; because as we all know, the PA is shit there, so any warnings would not have been heard.

2 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

The worse place for the speakers to be heard is in the Dolman, as we all know. However two announcements were made by Downsy. For some reason his microphone seems to work clearer than the stadium announcers one. Downsy asked that people did not run onto the pitch and approach players after the game as they could face a ban.

53 minutes ago, phantom said:

Am I the only one that finds this all a bit needy and desperate? 

Take a selfie, get an autograph from a player but seriously, if you want a shirt go and buy one like everyone else 

Totally. It's entitlement. Do the parents think there aren't thousands of other kids who would like to be jumping the barriers to get on the pitch on a matchday?

• Like 3

11 hours ago, RedM said:

The worse place for the speakers to be heard is in the Dolman, as we all know. However two announcements were made by Downsy. For some reason his microphone seems to work clearer than the stadium announcers one. Downsy asked that people did not run onto the pitch and approach players after the game as they could face a ban.

Eh? Downsy is the stadium announcer. 

25 minutes ago, View from the Dolman said:

Eh? Downsy is the stadium announcer. 

Well there is certainly a difference from when he is pitchside doing higher and lower than when he reads out the substitutions etc. Can’t make that out at all half the time.

Like in Zulu there must have been fousands of em sat by us. Squawking away, stood at the front at every opportunity.

Swarming about with their dads in tow. Sitting is seats that clearly weren’t theirs.

How ******* dare they? I blame the bloody bring a mate initiative. Who’s idea was that? To try and encourage new fans into the ground. Sack ‘em I say. I blame that Sam Bell….

And JD must have been out of Downsy’s ear shot. Didn’t he ignore team orders and give his shirt away…..

Edited by BigAl&Toby

1 hour ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Like in Zulu there must have been fousands of em sat by us. Squawking away, stood at the front at every opportunity.

Swarming about with their dads in tow. Sitting is seats that clearly weren’t theirs.

How ******* dare they? I blame the bloody bring a mate initiative. Who’s idea was that? To try and encourage new fans into the ground. Sack ‘em I say. I blame that Sam Bell….

And JD must have been out of Downsy’s ear shot. Didn’t he ignore team orders and give his shirt away…..

That's how much respect JD has for the club,by disobeying orders from the club regarding  giving shirts away, 

Get the dogs out. Let them go at the pitch invaders, no matter what age, sod 'em.

They've  been warned. What is so worrying is that there seems to be a recent increase in people thinking that they are entitled to do what they want, and when they want to do it.

15 hours ago, Taz said:

Get the dogs out. Let them go at the pitch invaders, no matter what age, sod 'em.

They've  been warned. What is so worrying is that there seems to be a recent increase in people thinking that they are entitled to do what they want, and when they want to do it.

Yep,the man that  thought it we as ok for his kids to run on the pitch, because they were entitled to, then fine that man, 

On 06/03/2022 at 08:40, RedM said:

Well there is certainly a difference from when he is pitchside doing higher and lower than when he reads out the substitutions etc. Can’t make that out at all half the time.

More likely actual acoustics than microphone. At half time there’s less people in the ‘bowl’ which changes acoustics. 

51 minutes ago, James54De said:

More likely actual acoustics than microphone. At half time there’s less people in the ‘bowl’ which changes acoustics. 

Yes, that’s what I decided too but didntvreturn to this post to clarify.

On 05/03/2022 at 20:11, Red Shadow said:

Any father with half a brain cell shouldn't need an announcement.

And therein lies the problem....

On 06/03/2022 at 07:51, Redandproud said:

I've noticed the father of these kids has not responded with a reply, embarrassed or ashamed maybe, after all the announcement was loud and clear, but he chose to ignore it,,

What makes you think he even reads the forum?

On 06/03/2022 at 08:51, BigAl&Toby said:

Why did he give his shirt away? We lost didn't we?

Put out an official club statement online and on the scoreboards that trespassers will be prosecuted and banned and in event of being under 16, the guardian will be instead. 

Edited by TBW

27 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

Total disrespect for the club ,not obeying orders from the club regarding giving shirts away, after all ,he does go to the knee,another rule set down by the club for the players,

It also seems ridiculous to give his shirt away after we lost following an embarrassing performance. Can you imagine Roy Keane standing for that?