IGNORED

Quite Frankly Crap in the First Half -NP

HappyClapper

No, but we need to see signs of progress, not just acknowledging that it isn’t good enough.

I think we can now judge many who aren’t in his plans but he has to get more from those who are & find a better solution at RB.

• Like 12
  • Flames 1

I think he nailed it with the players not being able to put in back to back performances. Thats true both individually and as a team all season for me.

How much more change is possible in the next window i don't know but it's a key moment for Nige and the club. He already knows who he wants here and who he doesn't if you ask me.

I think we'll be ok but expect a few more shitty performances before the season end.

Edited by Gazred

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

No, but we need to see signs of progress, not just acknowledging that it isn’t good enough.

I think we can now judge many who aren’t in his plans but he has to get more from those who are & find a better solution at RB.

Massive summer ahead.

Hopefully Jon Lansdown will clarify our financial position and what exactly we can expect.

My concern is that no matter who the manager is we struggle to be little more than a mid table team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

I know you have little time for Pearson. But what exactly in what he said do you disagree with? As @And Its Smithand @GrahamC mention, he should be finding a way to make us more solid. But his assessment of the game was spot on IMHO.

His assessment should be spot on. He’s a highly paid manager. I can assess the game.  Fans love plain talking managers. For me, performances are much more important. Couldn’t give a damn what managers say really 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Massive summer ahead.

Hopefully Jon Lansdown will clarify our financial position and what exactly we can expect.

My concern is that no matter who the manager is we struggle to be little more than a mid table team.

To be honest, at the moment “mid table” would be real progress as we don’t look anywhere near that good.

Not the time for debating it in depth now, but we need a significant change in personnel this summer.

• Like 7

I do partly blame Pearson. Playing Sam Bell as a right back, irrespective of who was or wasn’t in front of him to provide support, was the wrong selection. Pring can clearly play as a full back as can Dasilva, so why pick a teenager who isn’t a defender against a Man Utd loanee who is going to expose all his deficiencies in that position?

As for Matty James, I would be happy if I never see him in a City shirt again. He was truly woeful today. Massengo might always have a mistake in him, but at least he can run and play a ball forward.

The only players who came out of today with any credit were the ones who set up and scored our goal, I.e. Dasilva  and Scott. Most of the others had game to forget.

Huge game on Tuesday and if Pearson doesn’t get a reaction after that (lack of) performance, then there are big questions to ask about him as much as there are about the players.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Balls said:

I do partly blame Pearson. Playing Sam Bell as a right back, irrespective of who was or wasn’t in front of him to provide support, was the wrong selection. Pring can clearly play as a full back as can Dasilva, so why pick a teenager who isn’t a defender against a Man Utd loanee who is going to expose all his deficiencies in that position?

As for Matty James, I would be happy if I never see him in a City shirt again. He was truly woeful today. Massengo might always have a mistake in him, but at least he can run and play a ball forward.

The only players who came out of today with any credit were the ones who set up and scored our goal, I.e. Dasilva  and Scott. Most of the others had game to forget.

Huge game on Tuesday and if Pearson doesn’t get a reaction after that (lack of) performance, then there are big questions to ask about him as much as there are about the players.

Who are we playing on Tuesday?

Some good points all round, same stuff regurgitated by fans and NP.

He has not got a magic wand, he or the club found Klose who is an out of contract player (and really decent at that) and I cannot believe we could not have sorted the RB out in a similar fashion…. NP knows where we are and there will be wheeling dealing in summer..

That right hand side has been issue most of the season and a young Tanner is not the solution…. I always respect NP for his honesty.  

I am confident next season we will be stronger..

• Like 7

1 minute ago, DT The Optimist said:

He has not got a magic wand, he or the club found Klose who is an out of contract player (and really decent at that) and I cannot believe we could not have sorted the RB out in a similar fashion…. NP knows where we are and there will be wheeling dealing in summer..

That right hand side has been issue most of the season and a young Tanner is not the solution…. I always respect NP for his honesty.  

Well if we aren’t any better, relegation looms large. We can’t be dependent on other teams getting points deductions to keep us up!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DingleRed said:

Tell us more..... 

just a CEO who is very open, listens to fans, very personable…and is trying to make City better….not his own ego.  Having met him now and his predecessor a couple of times, they are like chalk and cheese. Club in good hands in respect of CEO.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 5
  • Robin 1

56 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not expecting JL to do that, expect RG to.

I met RG earlier today, got to say I was very impressed.

I'm not surprised, from what I've read he's exactly what we wanted or needed.
Giving that , in personality he is the anti Ashton he was on to a winner anyway. But without knowing too much of what he's doing, he seems much more of a real CEO, because he isn't telling everyone how good he is.

It's hard, but I really do think we need to give things time to grow naturally.

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

Simpson was supposed to be the short term right back solution. Unfortunately he is so bad we had to fast track Tanner. Indeed he is so bad we are playing a young striker there until Tanner is fit.

With our lack of funds we cannot afford to recruit that badly again. Every penny counts so we can't even afford cheap failures.

• Like 2

I do, ultimately, think it’s stuff like this that will be his downfall. Rightly or wrongly. 

Publicly saying he disagrees with the chairman (went down horrifically with the lansdowns), to performances like today with the ‘mates code’ attendance incentive, to calling us crap on the official club interview which they’ve tried to build as a slick, sky sports PR’able model.

This sorta stuff doesn’t end well with the Lansdowns. It’s what massively tilted SO’D and Cotts to the sack. 

• Like 2
  • Hmmm 1

38 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I'm not surprised, from what I've read he's exactly what we wanted or needed.
Giving that , in personality he is the anti Ashton he was on to a winner anyway. But without knowing too much of what he's doing, he seems much more of a real CEO, because he isn't telling everyone how good he is.

It's hard, but I really do think we need to give things time to grow naturally.

That reminds me, a former girlfriend said the very same thing to me ?

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Not expecting JL to do that, expect RG to.

I met RG earlier today, got to say I was very impressed.

Richard Gould is a breath of fresh air compared to his predecessor. He will get this club firing again like Pearson needs time.. what was it that impressed you? 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Simpson was supposed to be the short term right back solution. Unfortunately he is so bad we had to fast track Tanner. Indeed he is so bad we are playing a young striker there until Tanner is fit.

With our lack of funds we cannot afford to recruit that badly again. Every penny counts so we can't even afford cheap failures.

34 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Pearson took Simpson on trial, watched him over a period of time and deemed him a solution at right back. He got it badly wrong it seems. 

That’s fair comment, though to be balanced here no one gets every single signing right, but his contribution in terms of minutes played has certainly been poor.

Chris Honor said at Xmas in a podcast it was obvious seeing him with the first team on the pitch either before or after games that his legs have gone, Pearson moved away from playing Vyner there very quickly too, for what it’s worth I would rather see Zak play there than young Bell, but think NP has decided his time with us is up now so isn’t going to go back to him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dr Balls said:

Bell was excellent there against boro so not the worst call

laughable, James has been decent all season, players are allowed a bad game, we’re not  Real Madrid 

Fair, although Pring and Atkinson were decent when they came on

Enjoy Tuesday….?

• Like 1