IGNORED

Crowd

Henry

43 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Can I be clear that the section 82 lot haven't thrown anything and as someone who stands just behind them they looked pretty astonished and deriding of whoever did it. 

All the objects thrown have come from the dolman side of the singing section.

You need to differentiate between section 82 and the wider singing section.

Whoever has thrown stuff it has come from that area, sorry but unless you police yourselves you are all tarred together as far as the club is concerned. Almost all of the people that have been identified have been 15 year olds or younger, they have had to be detained until a parent collects them from the ground. How utterly embarrassing.

The Section 82 stuff should've been nipped in the bud after the Cardiff game. The club should've warned fans about throwing missiles then. The trouble is they think its a glory thing now.

The brum fan was just utterly stupid. Get a ticket with your own fans or not at all and certainly not in Dolman A block. I don't condone the violence but he got what he deserved for his stupidity.

The kids running onto the pitch looks like it's been nipped in the bud thankfully. You have to question the parenting though, sadly. This too could've landed us in trouble and may do yet.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Pezo said:

Then they are ignorant and are blaming a group that does a great amount to create atmosphere at Ashton gate for something they have no part of.

Imagine if the club officials started thinking like this, imagine being part of the section 82 lot trying to approach the club to do a display or something else and the club officials think you're in anyway attached to throwing stuff at players, clarity is required!

Could you let me know who Section 82 are?

When people talk about Section 82 I've always imagined it referring to the physical location in the ground rather than a group of people. I'm sure I wouldn't be alone in that misapprehension.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

Got everything he deserved? As a forum moderator, are you openly advocating that violence is meted out to fans of opposing teams, just because they happen to be sat a few seats away from you?

I went to watch Bristol vs Wasps last weekend. Wasps fan sat a couple of rows in front of me. He celebrated when they scored. Therefore, should I have piled over the three separating rows and landed a haymaker or two on him?

Your rugby parrallel is irrelevant.  Procedures in the stand at football matches apply to football matches. With respect the poster didn't pile over any seats. 

The poster is providing a view. He purchases his season ticket as do others for a stand that is home fans only. What occurred should be expected if BCFC allow away fans to purchase tickets with home supporters, provide inadequate stewarding and allow fights to occur.

Edited by Cowshed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Cowshed said:

That is a health and safety issue. 

Health and safety issue.

The club should have risk assessments that make violence less likely (nothing can be 100%), not measures that allow it to happen.

Minutes. In a modern a stadium there are legal guidelines in place that identify how many stewards are necessary per block v spectators. It cannot take minutes for a  steward to arrive at an incident. That is a safety failing and a lack of provision of stewarding.

If this is what occurring BCFC are being negligient.

Exactly the same instructions given for pitch invaders. Dont chase them, let them come off of their own accord and apprehend then, but obviously any harm/damage they want to cause will have been done.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sorry Rich, I know from your previous posts we are aligned with our views on violence at football but...

Back on planet earth...

Birmingham fan who shouldn't have been able to buy a ticket for that stand, wearing a Birmingham shirt and then celebrating a Birmingham goal receives immediate feedback from frustrated home fans.

Hardly surprising, even if in a utopian world it wouldn't happen. 

Like the rugby you mean?

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

This was about five rows in-front of me yesterday. For context and what it’s worth..

I didn’t hear any celebration after goal however others clearly did. One middle aged home fan {understandably} wasn’t thrilled, angrily told the away fan(s) to get out, they didn’t, home fan aimed a few swings at one of away fans. The away fan tried to brush it off but the home fan continued at which point the away fan started throwing, caught the guy a couple of times, home fans poured in (which I’d say is where the video starts).

As others have commented on I was surprised how long it took stewards/police to arrive. Some home fans were beckoning those at bottom of Dolman, who were watching incident, to come up..

No doubt in my mind the fault lies with away fan. Don’t sit in the home end. If you do, don’t draw attention to yourself. That isn’t to condone home fans behaviour but fault is with the away fan(s). There’s a reason you’re not allowed to do this.

The reaction you see in the video is response to away fan punching middle aged home fan. But home fan started throwing first. But away fan shouldn’t be sat in home end..

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 2

14 minutes ago, S_C said:

This was about five rows in-front of me yesterday. For context and what it’s worth..

I didn’t hear any celebration after goal however others clearly did. One middle aged home fan {understandably} wasn’t thrilled, angrily told the away fan(s) to get out, they didn’t, home fan aimed a few swings at one of away fans. The away fan tried to brush it off but the home fan continued at which point the away fan started throwing, caught the guy a couple of times, home fans poured in (which I’d say is where the video starts).

As others have commented on I was surprised how long it took stewards/police to arrive. Some home fans were beckoning those at bottom of Dolman, who were watching incident, to come up..

No doubt in my mind the fault lies with away fan. Don’t sit in the home end. If you do, don’t draw attention to yourself. That isn’t to condone home fans behaviour but fault is with the away fan(s). There’s a reason you’re not allowed to do this.

The reaction you see in the video is response to away fan punching middle aged home fan. But home fan started throwing first. But away fan shouldn’t be sat in home end..

Good summary. 

Any football fan knows what going in the home end as an away fan means. In the 70s and 80s it was en masse and about ‘taking an end’. Those days may well be long gone but the football league ground rules are there for a reason. If you go in a home end as an away fan you can’t be surprised at getting a reaction, or indeed wanting one. We can all have our own views on the rights and wrongs of that but I don’t think that changes the reality. 

Trying to draw any parallels with other sports is not particularly relevant; they neither have the history or rules. That said, I’ve seen trouble at rugby, cricket, darts, horse racing and boxing between rival fans in the past so whilst it’s clearly much more prevalent in football it’s not unique. 

Edited by One Team
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

to be fair it seems most of the city lads was trying to restrained him after he attacked the old guy,the black guy who chucked 4 rabbit punches is lucky they did not connect very well so i find all the city fans in picture not guilty  handbags and nothing else.the wannabe zulu brum fan on the other hand guilty of affray and inciting trouble season ban.?

Just now, richwwtk said:

Could you let me know who Section 82 are?

When people talk about Section 82 I've always imagined it referring to the physical location in the ground rather than a group of people. I'm sure I wouldn't be alone in that misapprehension.

I'm not part of the group so could easily get this wrong but from observations it's a group of about 8 lads the bring in things like the drum, megaphone, flags ect and work with the club to try and remove the barriers to creating an atmosphere at Ashton gate while also generally starting a number of the songs in the singing section. They fund there actions by selling things like Bristol City related badges, stickers and magnets, basically they do a hell of a lot to create a good atmosphere at Ashton gate. They stand in the singing section (just above the tunnel on the corner).

The singing section is the whole corner as designated by the club (s24 through to S27 I think), which obviously attracts the few bellends we have that want to throw things at players, a few youngsters that need more education by the looks of things.

I regularly stand about 5 rows behind the S82 lot and they are lively and excitable but never seen or heard then cross the line, they seem really approachable TBH.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

God this is pathetic all round.

Those of us who don't want

(a) away fans in the home parts of the ground (unless they keep quiet)

(b) home fans thinking its okay to start a punch up

(c) home/away fans throwing flares

(d) home fans throwing missiles at away players

(e) entitled children running onto the pitch and begging shirts from players

are being given lots of reasons for not bothering to get a season card next season besides the dire football.

2 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Can’t remember the game but I do recall one fan being ejected from the top of the Doleman and completely missing most of the steps on the way down to the bottom. I was seated in the Williams at the time …he was like a pin ball …:laughcont:

Leeds at home around 2011 I think??? Poor chap got pummelled all the way down the Steps as again stewards were slow to react. He was wearing a Leeds shirt .

2 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Can’t remember the game but I do recall one fan being ejected from the top of the Doleman and completely missing most of the steps on the way down to the bottom. I was seated in the Williams at the time …he was like a pin ball …:laughcont:

Leeds ⛷️

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

Leeds at home around 2011 I think??? Poor chap got pummelled all the way down the Steps as again stewards were slow to react. He was wearing a Leeds shirt .

If anyone "invited it" it was that guy. Not just celebrating their goal and unveiling his shirt (he was wearing a zipped-up coat at the start of the match) but goading and insulting the crowd sat around him. 

Either a committed masochist or an idiot. 

• Like 3

I don't think this 'bring a mate for £12.50' does us many favours.  I think some people see it as a cheap afternoon out to go the football, get wasted act like morons.
Yesterday the lower block of E30 was full of coked up / drunk blokes (with women with kids), getting up and down constantly, standing in the exit leaning on the glass blocking peoples view, openly drinking in the st spitting on the floor, smoking/vaping, and throwing stuff at each other, and not really watching the game.

No stewards around either.

I am no prude but when you have got some coked up peasant out their head sitting next to you, and every other word begins with a C, you start to wonder whether you should be spending your Saturday afternoons doing something completely different.

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, Pezo said:

I'm not part of the group so could easily get this wrong but from observations it's a group of about 8 lads the bring in things like the drum, megaphone, flags ect and work with the club to try and remove the barriers to creating an atmosphere at Ashton gate while also generally starting a number of the songs in the singing section. They fund there actions by selling things like Bristol City related badges, stickers and magnets, basically they do a hell of a lot to create a good atmosphere at Ashton gate. They stand in the singing section (just above the tunnel on the corner).

The singing section is the whole corner as designated by the club (s24 through to S27 I think), which obviously attracts the few bellends we have that want to throw things at players, a few youngsters that need more education by the looks of things.

I regularly stand about 5 rows behind the S82 lot and they are lively and excitable but never seen or heard then cross the line, they seem really approachable TBH.

I have no idea who they are, but if it's only 8 of them it makes their efforts even more impressive.

The only real atmosphere in the ground comes from that corner, especially when we're not playing well, though it's a shame that, after the exodus around 37 minutes yesterday the whole area was less than half full and not a peep was heard from them (almost understandably, but still a shame).

I really do think though, that the name Section 82 has come to mean that corner of the ground, mainly because the term 'singing section' is cringey as hell.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

If you you are in an area in any football ground with the home fans as an away fan. And you go up when your team ascites you are going to get battered simples. Get a bloody ticket where you should be sat. If you think it's ok to sit in others fans areas it is not. Why do the club, stewards, police not make this does not happen.

Sorry yes violence is unacceptable in football grounds. But what do you bloody expect if you sit with the opposing fabs and the celebrate when your team scores. 

Exactly. Don’t condone it but if you play stupid games you’ll win stupid prizes. 

• Flames 1

4 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Section 82 are throwing objects every game it seems. Maybe it was a mistake to make that area, as it just attracts louts.  

The Dolman fighting is embarrassing. 8 on 1.  So ruddy bloody brave.  

Can of cider thrown also. Section 82 seem to be in a vicious circle of booing anyone taking s corner to having egg on their face when the opposition score and celebrate. They dish it out but really can't take it. 

• Like 1

• Admin
34 minutes ago, robin for life said:

I find the sad part of this people saying he deserved to get a beating? No one in life deserves to go out for the day and get beaten up.

People say Rugby is different, it really shouldn't be, if anything it highlights the mentality of a few football fans.

Rugby certainly isn't any different. 

Those in authority at Ashton Gate will tell you there are just as many problems at the rugby 

9 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I have no idea who they are, but if it's only 8 of them it makes their efforts even more impressive.

The only real atmosphere in the ground comes from that corner, especially when we're not playing well, though it's a shame that, after the exodus around 37 minutes yesterday the whole area was less than half full and not a peep was heard from them (almost understandably, but still a shame).

I really do think though, that the name Section 82 has come to mean that corner of the ground, mainly because the term 'singing section' is cringey as hell.

There are other groups that sing in the singing section (agree that the name name is cringey as hell) so they're not the only ones singing, there can be up to five or six different songs going on at anyone time in there and it's basically which ever song is sung the longest lasts and comes out of the corner. They have a bit of an advantage over other singing groups because of the drum to help keep time and the megaphone.

They don't seem to hold themselves up as any kind of superfans or feel the need to impose that anyone else should be either, they seem to be there for the football a laugh and the atmosphere, if the football is shit there just as likely as anyone else to think **** it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Section 82 are throwing objects every game it seems. Maybe it was a mistake to make that area, as it just attracts louts.  

The Dolman fighting is embarrassing. 8 on 1.  So ruddy bloody brave.  

Does anyone recognise these dolman idiots/ Prats?

Not for one minute am I suggesting their names are disclosed but just wondered if they are regulars.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

No segregation in rugby so it is very different. If there was none in football we would see a number of fights every game 

Possibly incomparable then, but police and security at Ashton Gate will tell you there are just as many problems at the rugby 

Maybe compare to rugby league? 

51 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

If anyone "invited it" it was that guy. Not just celebrating their goal and unveiling his shirt (he was wearing a zipped-up coat at the start of the match) but goading and insulting the crowd sat around him. 

Either a committed masochist or an idiot. 

My poor chap comment was slightly in jest as you are correct in what you say, I was sat a few yards away in A block and he was a complete bell whiff with the Billy big balls attitude.  Wasn’t he rumoured to have been from Plymouth?

1 minute ago, Wealwayseatcheese said:

My poor chap comment was slightly in jest as you are correct in what you say, I was sat a few yards away in A block and he was a complete bell whiff with the Billy big balls attitude.  Wasn’t he rumoured to have been from Plymouth?

I certainly read that on here. A Leeds fan from Plymouth! There's no helping some people.  :laugh: