IGNORED

Crowd

Henry

• Admin
1 hour ago, And Its Smith said:

Section 82 are throwing objects every game it seems. Maybe it was a mistake to make that area, as it just attracts louts.  

The Dolman fighting is embarrassing. 8 on 1.  So ruddy bloody brave.  

Certainly wasn't 8 on 1

Thats just what was shown on this footage 

5 supporters were removed 

24 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It certainly is a minority that will end up ruining it for the rest. Surely some self policing can be done. Did anyone have a proper pop at the guy who threw the can? Plenty would know who did it. Clearly there is no deterrent from within 82.  

Absolutely correct, the chap is a lucky man today as many were trying to get him and his friends to leave but he kept acting like Tyson Fury 

Section 82 are throwing objects every game it seems. Maybe it was a mistake to make that area, as it just attracts louts.  

Well the lad is the home end, so the chances of him being outnumbered are high….

What is all the more baffling, is that for a game with a high police presence, and following national coverage about how they were looking at clamping down on drug use and flares, we had 3 flares thrown on the pitch and a fight in the stands.

Some might suggest the police operation wasn't the success it could have been.

As for the throwing of cans and flares from S82 at players taking corners, completely unnecessary and do those throwing things realise that there are disabled supporters at the front of the stand who might struggle to move quickly out of the way if they come under bombardment?

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

Maybe the question should be asked why we've had so many away supporters being able to buy tickets in this block this season 

Sick and tired of having away fans around us, most Are respectful, but that idiot got everything he deserved for standing up and celebrating in a Birmingham shirt. 

Perhaps you should come up and sit around it and see how you would react? 

I know exactly how I would react if an away fan started celebrating next to me, I would ignore him and be quietly depressed at the state of our defence.

Why should they need to be respectful? You should be able to celebrate your team scoring without fear of a hiding from thugs sat around you.

If they're not supposed to be there let the stewards and/or police deal with them, no need for fools to take the matter into their own hands.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, richwwtk said:

I know exactly how I would react if an away fan started celebrating next to me, I would ignore him and be quietly depressed at the state of our defence.

Why should they need to be respectful? You should be able to celebrate your team scoring without fear of a hiding from thugs sat around you.

If they're not supposed to be there let the stewards and/or police deal with them, no need for fools to take the matter into their own hands.

Aren’t away team supporters only allowed to buy tickets in the away fans block…so he broke the rules?

• Like 9

33 minutes ago, phantom said:

Maybe the question should be asked why we've had so many away supporters being able to buy tickets in this block this season 

Sick and tired of having away fans around us, most Are respectful, but that idiot got everything he deserved for standing up and celebrating in a Birmingham shirt. 

That is a health and safety issue. 

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

Speaking to stewards they said they were told to hold off while the incident was recorded. 

We already know that local magistrates will ban anyone throwing a punch so they stood off and let this guy take a hiding. 

It was a couple of minutes before anyone arrived on the scene, this incident went on much longer than this video shows 

Health and safety issue.

The club should have risk assessments that make violence less likely (nothing can be 100%), not measures that allow it to happen.

Minutes. In a modern a stadium there are legal guidelines in place that identify how many stewards are necessary per block v spectators. It cannot take minutes for a  steward to arrive at an incident. That is a safety failing and a lack of provision of stewarding.

If this is what occurring BCFC are being negligient.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Aren’t away team supporters only allowed to buy tickets in the away fans block…so he broke the rules?

He did indeed break the rules, so should have been removed by the stewards and/or police.

7 minutes ago, phantom said:

So if an away supporter started celebrating then starts swinging punches at an elderly home supporter you would do nothing? 

You think it's acceptable for an opposition supporter to celebrate in a home section? Absolutely baffling opinion 

If he started swinging punches unprovoked then people would be quite within their rights to restrain him and hand him over to the police.

An opposition supporter shouldn't be in the home section, it's against the rules as Dave points out, but it really wouldn't provoke me to violence if they did. Why is that a baffling opinion?

Edited by richwwtk
  • Like 1

Can I be clear that the section 82 lot haven't thrown anything and as someone who stands just behind them they looked pretty astonished and deriding of whoever did it. 

All the objects thrown have come from the dolman side of the singing section.

You need to differentiate between section 82 and the wider singing section.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Pezo said:

Can I be clear that the section 82 lot haven't thrown anything and as someone who stands just behind them they looked pretty astonished and deriding of whoever did it. 

All the objects thrown have come from the dolman side of the singing section.

You need to differentiate between section 82 and the wider singing section.

I think you'll find most fans (including myself) use the name Section 82 to refer to the whole of that corner.

11 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

Sorry Rich, I know from your previous posts we are aligned with our views on violence at football but...

Back on planet earth...

Birmingham fan who shouldn't have been able to buy a ticket for that stand, wearing a Birmingham shirt and then celebrating a Birmingham goal receives immediate feedback from frustrated home fans.

Hardly surprising, even if in a utopian world it wouldn't happen. 

2 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sorry Rich, I know from your previous posts we are aligned with our views on violence at football but...

Back on planet earth...

Birmingham fan who shouldn't have been able to buy a ticket for that stand, wearing a Birmingham shirt and then celebrating a Birmingham goal receives immediate feedback from frustrated home fans.

Hi Rob, I'm perfectly aware that he was likely to receive a reaction, that's why it's against the rules after all, but it doesn't avoid the fact that the people who respond with violence are ignorant thugs and the fact he was there and celebrating really shouldn't be an excuse.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Back on planet earth...

Someone said he was wearing a Rangers shirt. Even more bizarre if true.

6 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

I think you'll find most fans (including myself) use the name Section 82 to refer to the whole of that corner.

Then they are ignorant and are blaming a group that does a great amount to create atmosphere at Ashton gate for something they have no part of.

Imagine if the club officials started thinking like this, imagine being part of the section 82 lot trying to approach the club to do a display or something else and the club officials think you're in anyway attached to throwing stuff at players, clarity is required!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Got everything he deserved? As a forum moderator, are you openly advocating that violence is meted out to fans of opposing teams, just because they happen to be sat a few seats away from you?

I went to watch Bristol vs Wasps last weekend. Wasps fan sat a couple of rows in front of me. He celebrated when they scored. Therefore, should I have piled over the three separating rows and landed a haymaker or two on him?

Edited by Red Homer
Spelling
  • Like 2

Wouldn't happen at Rugby. Fans mix, no set fans sections at a lot of games, and rarely ever trouble. Even when England play Wales.

Whilst the Birmingham fan shouldn't be in the home end, all those grabbing him and punching and so on, should be charged with assault and banned for life from every football ground in the country. Punching him in the head, do they not realise, if he goes home, falls asleep and doesn't wake up, then thats 8 people on a conspiracy to murder charge, or manslaughter at the very least. Plus massive repercussions for the club. Simple solution is alert a steward and they will eject them, no need for violence. Hope all those involved get banned and charged.

2 minutes ago, Red Homer said:

Got everything he deserved? As a forum moderator, are you openly advocating violence is meted out to fans of opposing teams, just because they happen to be sat a few seats away from you?

I went to watch Bristol vs Wasps last weekend. Wasps fan sat a couple of rows in front of me. He celebrated when they scored. Therefore, should I have piled over the three emanating rows and landed a haymaker or two on him?

Get the point but I think we know that rugby crowds are very different to football crowds for a myriad of reasons.  Not comparing like with like. 

From what I could see of the video, a number of the fans involved were trying to get the lad to leave the stand, but he kept refusing and at times throwing punches. To me it seems bizarre that the police and/or stewards didn't intervene and restore order removing the blues contingent in seconds.

27 minutes ago, robin for life said:

Wouldn't happen at Rugby. Fans mix, no set fans sections at a lot of games, and rarely ever trouble. Even when England play Wales.

Whilst the Birmingham fan shouldn't be in the home end, all those grabbing him and punching and so on, should be charged with assault and banned for life from every football ground in the country. Punching him in the head, do they not realise, if he goes home, falls asleep and doesn't wake up, then thats 8 people on a conspiracy to murder charge, or manslaughter at the very least. Plus massive repercussions for the club. Simple solution is alert a steward and they will eject them, no need for violence. Hope all those involved get banned and charged.

I understand what you are saying, but it’s not conspiracy to murder as the people involved didn’t go out that day with the intention to murder.

E34 is the cheapest place to sit after the SS. The SS is pretty much sold out every game and almost no tickets are  available there.So people go to E34, and it’s nearest the away crowd. Infact I have done some reasearch and E34 is CHEAPER than the South Stand and different to the rest of the Dolman, centre or wings.

The trouble is away fans can buy a ticket online, and that’s how they do it. No away fans are sold tickets on the day knowingly. Of course they may go up to the ticket booth and buy a ticket with no colours on etc. Some fans say they are a neutral and are ‘doing the grounds’. Or have an accent similar to the away team and say they are a Coventry fan etc.

I think the Stewards should be more active. Recently it has been really lapse with people drinking alcohol and vaping during matches, if they aren’t spotting this how are they meant to to deal with anything more serious.

Mates rates yesterday certainly didn’t help

And rugby is totally different.

2 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

Didn't really look like that to me, AIS.

The admittedly brief clip posted on here shows one City fan (the guy with the top knot) giving the fella a pasting and the other fans pulling him and removing him from his seat - presumably as a precursor to stewards removing the man from the area he was illegally in.  It's clear from the Brum fan's hands he'd also been swinging punches.